DLC Discussion Thread: Suspect Singles

Comments

• More A7 is awesome!! Just seen them in July with Volbeat.....They both kicked a**!! Hope we get more Volbeat in the future!!
  • bdd74 said:

ugxwolf said:

I figured GD would be rough. It's from The Stage, for one. Most of the hard part should be triplets during the verses and the fast picking over the bridge. Vox shouldn't be too bad, though.

It's ready to dl if you weren't already aware
    Not on NA PS4...
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    Having never listened to God Damn, I didn't know what to expect. The alt-strums caught me by surprise! :open_mouth:
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    bdd74 said:

Songs with devil heads should have been left off the season pass. GD needed to be released for those truly capable to play it. It's unplayable to me and nothing like your video shown. Very disappointed and I'll never buy a season pass again without knowing the songs involved.

What would be done during weeks like Season 0's finale where everything was devils or close? Where Pull Me Under would have been in the Spotlight Pass if one existed back then, and was the EASIEST of the three?

They're not gonna leave anything off for being too hard. That goes against the competitive nature of Rivals itself.
  • bdd74 said:

ugxwolf said:

I figured GD would be rough. It's from The Stage, for one. Most of the hard part should be triplets during the verses and the fast picking over the bridge. Vox shouldn't be too bad, though.

It's ready to dl if you weren't already aware
    As soon as I'm off work and have seen the Nintendo Direct.
  • edited September 13
    Arcanon said:

bdd74 said:

Songs with devil heads should have been left off the season pass. GD needed to be released for those truly capable to play it. It's unplayable to me and nothing like your video shown. Very disappointed and I'll never buy a season pass again without knowing the songs involved.

What would be done during weeks like Season 0's finale where everything was devils or close? Where Pull Me Under would have been in the Spotlight Pass if one existed back then, and was the EASIEST of the three?

They're not gonna leave anything off for being too hard. That goes against the competitive nature of Rivals itself.
    It's just frustrating because not everyone can play like what's thrown at you in those types of songs. I do pretty good ,but devil horned metal is impossible for me. The game reduces your skill score if you don't play well or play on hard ect. What I have is a song I'll never play and had I'd known ahead of time I wouldn't of bought the pass.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    The skill score is a measure of your skill. Playing a devil tiered song only reduces your skill score if your performance is lower than your existing average in devil tier songs. Which I hesitate to say is making it trend towards its actual proper value, and not an artificially inflated value.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    If rbdbonline is accurate, fewer songs eligible this week as part of the challenge.

Less than 200 in total (with some of those delisted).
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Jeez, No Hassle Night is one hell of a deep cut.
  • My reaction to this week was "Cool, all songs I have, because Duck and Cover is on disc, and The Dead Weather I've never heard of so they must be one of those Boston Rivals bands whose songs I've generally skipped until they came up in a challenge".

Er, nope. Just something I've never heard of that I'd actually have to pay for.

The Dead Weather is from Nashville, not from Boston. It's one of the Associated Acts of Jack White.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    So next week will be a bass bonus then?
  • tdc002 said:

HMXOwl said:

Last week of the month has some modern pop.

Carly Rae Jepsen or we riot.
    I would love EITHER Carly Rae Jepsen OR Riot!.
  • tdc002 said:

Is No Hassle Night the one where somebody spilled Jäeger on the mixing board causing a giant cacophony that's nearly impossible to actually get through before turning into like a super chill song?
  • LoopyChew said:

tdc002 said:

Is No Hassle Night the one where somebody spilled Jäeger on the mixing board causing a giant cacophony that's nearly impossible to actually get through before turning into like a super chill song?
    Looked up the charts yesterday... that is an accurate description. Devil tier on drums, but it's ALL in the intro that I'm guessing would cause many players to fail.
  • Well, gonna grab the Who song (which is a Rewind I've been wanting for quite some time! Please give us more RB1 rewinds like Orange Crush and Should I Stay or Should I Go) but gonna pass on the A7X song, I have a sort of love-hate relationship with Metal and A7X is a good example of why, as they manage to make some pretty melodic stuff (Afterlife) and some pretty heavy stuff (Beast & the Harlot) and I personally dislike the heavier stuff.

If we were getting Metal, I'd rather it be Square Hammer (from Ghost) or something from Edguy (which has some awesome songs!).

As for the weekly challenge - I was quite surprised my crew didn't make it to the next tier during last week's challenge, seeing as I sang a ton of songs but I guess people were playing like crazy so there's that. I don't know if I will get the bonus XP this week as I don't usually play Drums (I get at most 3 stars when playing higher-tier on Expert).

Well, it's a good thing I have a ton of songs in my wishlist so I can just pair Won't Get Fooled Again with a back catalog song (perhaps Who Are You, to make it a The Who week lol).
  • Ayyy God Damn is showing fo free on SIEA store for Spotlight Pass owners :) Glad it's working off the bat this time!
  • Only 200 songs for a mid-season challenge? That's disappointing!
  • My Rivals Hub isn't showing God Damn as a spotlight song. Weird.
  • No Hassle Night is also broke.
  • No Hassle Night is also broke.

By broke, you mean it's not submitting scores?
  • Gave it a good kick. Try now.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    djb5f1 said:

If rbdbonline is accurate, fewer songs eligible this week as part of the challenge.

Less than 200 in total (with some of those delisted).

Only 200 songs for a mid-season challenge? That's disappointing!

agree!
  • I realize that Won't Get Fooled Again is ridiculous on drums, but I have to question the placement for the song as far as band difficulty goes. Can anybody honestly say that Won't Get Fooled Again as a whole is harder than Through The Fire And Flames?
  • I realize that Won't Get Fooled Again is ridiculous on drums, but I have to question the placement for the song as far as band difficulty goes. Can anybody honestly say that Won't Get Fooled Again as a whole is harder than Through The Fire And Flames?

It's a disc song from literally the first day of Rock Band, disc songs are skewed on a good day, to say nothing of when the platform was like, 76 songs big.