DLC Discussion Thread: Suspect Singles

Comments

• @Whateverwewant Disc songs have always had rather wonky difficulty tiering of which Won't Get Fooled Again is part of the RB1 setlist.
  • God Damn that guitar chart is fun. Took me a few tries to get certain parts down but I can get a solid 95 which I'm content with these days lol
  • iammaxhailmeiammaxhailme Unsigned
    edited September 15
    I'm disappointed they didn't retcon a drum solo section into the WGFA chart. I mean, they added a strum lane in a guitar solo, so clearly they're willing to do that kind of thing.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 15
    @iammaxhailme Lanes don't increase/decrease the maximum possible score meanwhile solo sections do hence why solo sections aren't added to old songs. Adding a drum solo section to Won't Get Fooled Again would mean the drum and band leaderboards would have to be wiped and you know how much people hate leaderboard wipes so it's much better not adding solo sections to old songs.

On another note, it seems the broken talkies glitch isn't fixed yet.

Is this XP structure as intended? I know it was discussed it in a previous challenge but no definitive conclusion was met.
    1st play (guitar): Normal XP + 1st bonus
    1st play (bass): Normal XP + 2nd bonus
    2nd play (guitar): Normal XP + 3rd bonus
    1st play (vox): 90% XP
    2nd play (vox): 80% XP
    ... etc.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited September 15
    Plus, you can't have OD deployment points in a drum solo, so there'd be a literal reworking of the drum tracks.
  • @iammaxhailme Lanes don't increase/decrease the maximum possible score meanwhile solo sections do hence why solo sections aren't added to old songs. Adding a drum solo section to Won't Get Fooled Again would mean the drum and band leaderboards would have to be wiped and you know how much people hate leaderboard wipes so it's much better not adding solo sections to old songs.

Is this XP structure as intended? I know it was discussed it in a previous challenge but no definitive conclusion was met.
    ... etc.

I would like to know this as well. Several of my crew members have experienced this same exact thing. I made a whole post about it that was quickly moved to another forum and promptly ignored.

Is it per instrument or per person???????

If it's per instrument, it is BROKEN. We are NOT getting separate crew plays per instrument.

If it's per person, that's really harsh. Some people have really small libraries this week, and will dry up their xp output pretty quickly.
  • As i recall, it's per person. I thought it was supposed to be per person, per instrument, but yeah. The upside is that all crew members can still get full points for playing on-disc and free songs that all of your crew members ought to have. The downside is that if that's all you have, you can only contribute so much. This will wind up giving crews with a larger library a big leg up on crews that can't afford it. As such, I get the feeling this may not still be the case i. season 3 because nobody likes pay to win.
  • @iammaxhailme Lanes don't increase/decrease the maximum possible score meanwhile solo sections do hence why solo sections aren't added to old songs. Adding a drum solo section to Won't Get Fooled Again would mean the drum and band leaderboards would have to be wiped and you know how much people hate leaderboard wipes so it's much better not adding solo sections to old songs.

... etc.

I didn't even realize it worked like that! Wow! So that means I have to make my first play a Drums play to get the maximum XP possible? I can't sing first, then do a bit of Guitar and finally play some Drums? This actually sucks, to be honest.
  • @Tyrus1235 Depends on how good you are on drums compared to other instruments. If you're much better on a different instrument you'll get more XP playing that first over drums.

Take Everlong for example, I FC'd that song on expert guitar for my first play this challenge but can only get 3-4 stars on drums so FC+GS+1st play is worth much more XP than 1.25 x (4 stars + 1st play).
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    I haven't been able to play this week but if it is like every other week, then the rest of your crew can still eat up the XP bonus per song before you every play it . They were suppose to change that this season but....
  • It's important to note that in my case I was the only one who was playing at the time. I checked the crew XP breakdown and only I had played songs during that time so it's definitely that bonuses are per person this time. The question is whether this is intentional or whether it was meant to be per person per instrument.
  • I feel like there is a mistake in this week's rival challenge... I saw that "Llama" was one of the weekly challenge songs, we don't live in a reality where that is fun on drums

But... Leave it on press depress depress llama taboot taboot

Darn, now I won't be able to take that chorus off my head!
  • Ok, I've figured it out regarding XP from some more testing. Spotlight songs are per person meanwhile all other eligible songs are per instrument.

The example I described above was from me playing a spotlight song and that kind of XP behaviour was present when I played through all 3 spotlight songs. With non-spotlight songs I was sometimes getting 2nd/3rd crew plays when playing for the first time during the challenge and getting 1st crew plays on songs I had played earlier in the challenge but on a different instrument.

So that answers your question about XP @twistedoak @djb5f1. Whether it's intentional or not is a completely different question that we probably won't find the answer to.
  • It was announced on the Super Beat Sports stream that HMX are close to releasing an update which should finally fix checking setlist.
  • Ok, I've figured it out regarding XP from some more testing. Spotlight songs are per person meanwhile all other eligible songs are per instrument.

The example I described above was from me playing a spotlight song and that kind of XP behaviour was present when I played through all 3 spotlight songs. With non-spotlight songs I was sometimes getting 2nd/3rd crew plays when playing for the first time during the challenge and getting 1st crew plays on songs I had played earlier in the challenge but on a different instrument.

So that answers your question about XP @twistedoak @djb5f1. Whether it's intentional or not is a completely different question that we probably won't find the answer to.

Interesting. We are getting 2nd and 3rd play notices when playing the songs (non spotlight) for the first time. We found out that there's a bug with the reporting. We starting checking with the rock band app after we played a song to see if the xp matched up with the report (usually a song after).

We are finding that it's per person, not per instrument. Spotlight or not, we are seeing in our crew that if someone plays it in vox first, then bass second, then drums third, they have used up all their xp bonuses and will start to see xp decay.

It could be that some songs are glitched and others aren't, we didn't do a comprehensive study to see if a lot of songs were affected this way, but we definitely tried this out on non spotlight and spotlight songs alike.

I completely agree with your last sentence though. I shouldn't be amazed anymore at the lack of any comment from Harmonix. We probably will never know what is supposed to happen and what is a bug that should be fixed.

• VladTepzVladTepz Unsigned
    edited September 19
    HMX said:

We're tweaking this to allow each player to have their own bonuses and decay levels per song. Everyone will get their own first, second, and third play bonuses on a song. After that, XP will decay by 10% per play, until your 12th play of a song or beyond, at which point you'll continue to receive 10% XP.

I'm one of those guilty of thinking it was going to stay per instrument, per song, because just per song didn't seem logical to me. Why would they kinda force players into playing one instrument, their strongest instrument for maximum XP gain, instead of kinda forcing players all or as many instruments as possible for maximum XP gain?

And looking at some of the replies here, I'm not the only one who is confused about this... :#

As stated, there have been attempts to get clarification from HMX, like here: can-there-be-any-clarification-on-crew-bonuses

Which was initially responded to like this, moved to the support forum, and then ignored...
    HMXOwl said:

It's working same as before the news it'd change

What does that mean? It's not even a coherent sentence... :|

It just adds to the confusion... Is it working same as before the change, per instrument, per song and is broken? Or is it supposed to be just per song, no matter what instrument?

Add to the fact that the visuals are messed up, and have been for quite some time, I bet there are many more that are confused like I am...

I'm just going to assume that it's per song, period. Not per instrument, per song, which kinda sucks...I'd rather be playing multiple instruments but kinda can't if I want to maximize XP output for my crew... :/
  • Seriously disappointed. So many new Who songs we could have gotten and we just get another A7X single instead.

There are new Who songs?
  • I'm assuming he means "So many songs from the Who back catalog that could be brought over" and he wouldn't be wrong.

However, I'm happy WGFA is now available for people who weren't into RB before.
  • VladTepz said:

Is it working same as before the change

Boy, I must have quite the bias from writing it. 'The news it would change' is the 'in Season 2, it'll be like this...' part of the Season 2 blog, so it behaving the same as before that would be...well, the system before that. Which is the one since XP launched, since it hasn't gone through 3+ (claimed) iterations.

"It'll be changing to System B!"

"System B doesn't seem to be working as intended, what's going on?"

"Hmm, seems to be no different from before System B." That's System A.

Yeah, no?
  • From the looks of it, using the companion app as reference, the new XP system is working like this:

Is this correct and working as intended?

OR

Should the new XP system be working like this?

1st play (bass): Normal XP + 1st bonus
    2nd play (guitar): Normal XP + 2nd bonus
    1st play (vox): Normal XP + 1st bonus
    2nd play (vox): Normal XP + 2nd bonus
    3rd play (vox): Normal XP + 3nd bonus
    4th play (vox): 90% XP
    5th play (vox): 80% XP

In which case, it may be broken...

I understand the general changes with the new system, as far as decay and bonuses per song per person instead of per song, per crew.

The only confusion is specifically whether decay and bonuses are behaving similar to the old system, decay and bonuses tied to the instrument and song, or is it totally different from the old system and decay and bonuses are tied to the song only, regardless of instrument.
  • Yeah, we've already said it's broken, there's no debate on if it is or isn't. As I said, as far as we can tell, it is behaving as it did the first ten months of XP. Hence 'same as before'.
  • Oh, OK, I haven't seen any mention that it is currently broken, hence the confusion...

So just to clarify, it was supposed to be working as my second example, but is currently working as my first example...

Thanks for sorting that up for me if so.
  • Correct. It's as if nothing happened. I tested it a bit ago after seeing reports, got a second play in my first song, told Net Team/QA. And that's where my trail ends for now.
  • So if it's not working as intended, is there any word on fixing it? It is definitely affecting xp outputs for crews right now. There are quite a few people who are assuming and acting like they are getting xp bonuses per instrument that are not.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited September 20
    I am so confused!!! I don't know what counts, what works anymore. I play and get gold stars on a spotlight song high score from my last score, and the needle goes backwards. I play songs that I know are Rival songs, that my crew hasn't even begun playing and get no score at all this happens many times on the first song I'll play. (and yes..I was signed in properly) . Sometimes a song will show up as 1st play, other times it won't show anything anything at all. I play on all instruments when my crew doesn't have certain songs. I just want to know how to play the game in a way that will allow our team to progress. We played a lot this week, but It just felt like we've been running through jello. I need a strategy, but I need to understand the scoring rules which just seem very hazy. I don't expect it to be easy. I just want it to be clear.
  • rkbdgurl said:

I am so confused!!! I don't know what counts, what works anymore. I play and get gold stars on a spotlight song high score from my last score, and the needle goes backwards. I play songs that I know are Rival songs, that my crew hasn't even begun playing and get no score at all this happens many times on the first song I'll play. (and yes..I was signed in properly) . Sometimes a song will show up as 1st play, other times it won't show anything anything at all. I play on all instruments when my crew doesn't have certain songs. I just want to know how to play the game in a way that will allow our team to progress. We played a lot this week, but It just felt like we've been running through jello. I need a strategy, but I need to understand the scoring rules which just seem very hazy. I don't expect it to be easy. I just want it to be clear.

I couldn't agree more.

Right now we're being told to run a race, but no one is told the direction to go to the finish line. Some people get lucky and head the right way, everyone else is confused. Let's get some path markers (bugs fixed in a quick manner) and people to tell us the correct way!