DLC Discussion Thread: Bass Race

Comments

• Super Freak is a day-1 purchase!
    Float is probably a rainy day pickup.. I've actually never heard that song being played anywhere.. I just know it from looking it up when it was previously announced for RBVR.. Not too shabby.
  • Float is probably a rainy day pickup..

That's how it was for Georgie anyways.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    Still satisfied with the spotlight pass, 4 definite and 1 wishlist to date. One more woulda-purchased-regardless makes the pass worth it for me.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Best week this month so far! Getting both.
  • I bought the "Rock Band Rivals Season 2 Spotlight Pass" so I get Super Freak. Hooray!
    I'll listen to the Switchfoot song when I get home.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    yow!
  • @Meat-Popsicle If you're still of the view of prioritizing purchasing songs with fully separated stems, Float by default has that given it's a RBVR song.
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Stoked for Super Freak! That's been one I've been wanting for a long while. As for Switchfoot... I prefer their older stuff, to put it like that...
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited September 19

@Meat-Popsicle If you're still of the view of prioritizing purchasing songs with fully separated stems, Float by default has that given it's a RBVR song.

@grumblevolcano & @Meat-Popsicle I hope Superfreak is too. Being a Dropmix song it's highly likely that stems would be necessary to isolate a part so it can be mixed with other song(s). But we'll see. I'm about to do a A-B comparison using the preview video so I'll see if I can find out from that. I will be checking the stream out anyway. :)

EDIT: Doing that A-B comparison between the preview and two CD versions I have (remastered-non remastered) the mixing is different to both of those. The vocals are quieter and the guitar track is louder and panned to the left more. The bass is also much deeper. So i'm hopeful :smiley:
  • @V8VANTAGE DropMix isn't a guarantee as you're not always separating individual instruments (take Want to Want Me's "bass" card for example) and in the context of the board, wild cards always have vocals mixed with "guitar" and "bass" mixed with "drums".

@V8VANTAGE DropMix isn't a guarantee as you're not always separating individual instruments (take Want to Want Me's "bass" card for example) and in the context of the board, wild cards always have vocals mixed with "guitar" and "bass" mixed with "drums".

I see.....I can see where you are coming from, particularly if for some bizarre reason it was recorded or the digital transfer was done that way. But otherwise surely you'd need the raw stems to mix them together and combine them into one track otherwise. It couldn't really be a DIY-job otherwise it'd sound pretty nasty.

Because of the comparison I did, it seemingly sounds like that it is using the proper separation. But hopefully in a few hours we will find out!
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited September 19
    Rick James is a maybe.

That other song doesn't even seem to exist. I've watched it 3 times trying to decide if I like it but can't remember a thing about it.

Also this isn't Muse?!
  • biversonbiverson Unsigned
    edited September 19
    I appreciate the shout-out for John "Strawberry" Fields as the Switchfoot producer. He's a good guy from Minneapolis who has produced albums for great Minneapolis acts like the Honeydogs, Soul Asylum, the Rembrandts, the Hang Ups, Marlee MacLeod, Greazy Meal, Tina & the B-Side Movement, Willie Wisely and Har Mar Superstar.

I wish Harmonix had a Minneapolis connection so we could get some of my favorite music into the game similar to what Harmonix has been doing with Boston bands.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited September 19

Also this isn't ****?!

Um wha?!?!

We're currently on a 486 week streak of no songs from the "band who should not be named". Why ruin it?
  • calloy said:

HMXOwl said:

biverson said:

I wish Harmonix had a Minneapolis connection

I'm from Minnesota. It's me, I'm the connection.
    get on those Prince songs, man!
    YEAH TELL ME ABOUT IT
  • HMXOwl said:

calloy said:

HMXOwl said:

biverson said:

get on those Prince songs, man!
    YEAH TELL HER ABOUT IT
    But Owl could never take the place of your man
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Neither for me unfortunately
  • A Prince 50-pack would totally rule.

At least...
    Enjoyed listening to the new DLC, definitely buying both. :) Why is twitch is mono now though? I could've sworn it was stereo not so long ago on the streams....
  • I'm really glad Postpone got played.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    Searched the Windows Xbox App and Super Freak is now available on XB1 for Spotlight Pass owners.
  • I was driving behind a car with a big "M***" bumper sticker this morning and made sure to stay out of their way, if I had rear-ended it y'all might have testified against me that I did it on purpose

We thank you for your service.

• AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    Really like that Float song at a first listen -- reminds me of Dreams (Beck) which is not a bad thing but the drums look more fun.

Conversely, Superfreak is great and I will be getting it post-haste, but the drums look sadly vanilla for a funk song. Still excited it is going to be in Rock Band.

Two for two for me this week!
  • razor63 said:

So, based on previous patterns.... 7 1/2 years from now we get "U Can't Touch This", right?

DLC through 2024 confirmed! :p
  • HMXOwl said:

biverson said:

Well then, we need a Replacements pack that includes the "Alex Chilton" rewind. Also, the Honeydogs' "Seen a Ghost" would be an excellent album since the songs are great individually and hold together well as an album. And the Jayhawks deserve some representation in Rock Band for those who love harmonies. And a little Hüsker Dü wouldn't hurt.

Maybe the recent Paul Westerberg & Julianna Hatfiled collaboration, the I Don't Cares, would be a way to cement the Minneapolis/Boston connection. Throw in a little Bash & Pop or Tommy Stinson's solo work (Rock Band already has Stinson-era Guns 'N Roses) and I would be ecstatic.