DLC Discussion Thread: Bass Race

Comments

• hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    I will always support The Replacements and Hüsker Dü
  • hiimSMAP said:

I will always support The Replacements and Hüsker Dü

I would love more punk of The Replacements
  • So non of the On-Disc Stuff is a Spotlight Song, huh?

Oh well, at least I already have Parks' Sweater Weather (Not to mention The Neighborhood's song of the same name as well). I'll definitely pick up Hysteria and once it comes out tomorrow, Super Freak.

And tomorrow also happens to be my parent's anniversary of their wedding, IACTK.
  • Parks' Sweater Weather's a free song for Rivals players, so if you are able to do the challenge (I.e. You have Rivals and are online), you are guaranteed one song to be playable as always.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    djb5f1 said:

Cool, if they ever chose Muse for a spotlight, I was really wondering which song it would be!

I feel the same about Primus
  • @jaystonepk Primus couldn't be spotlight, sure the RB3 export isn't delisted but the spotlight rules are:
    - At least 1 RB4 disc/Rivals/free DLC song
    - All other spotlights must be purchasable in the store

So for RB3, the only options so far are Free Bird and Beast and the Harlot.
  • edited September 21
    Did anyone noticed that the Weekly Challenge card has the wrong date?

It said Week 4 on the card, but technically, it should say Week 5.

EDIT: Nevermind, I misunderstood... Week 4 was the right date. (I assumed it wasn't, because someone on Twitter assumed it wasn't the right date. :p )

RE-EDIT: Actually, I take it back. It is supposed to be Week 5, because...

- Week 1 was Rockudrama/Tour Mode
    - Week 2 was Guitar
    - Week 3 was Vocals
    - Week 4 was Drums

Harmonix, can you fix the date on the Weekly Challenge card? So people won't get confused.
  • biverson said:

Maybe the recent Paul Westerberg & Julianna Hatfiled collaboration, the I Don't Cares, would be a way to cement the Minneapolis/Boston connection.

Great idea, requesting this now
    http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/rock-band/request/

@jaystonepk Primus couldn't be spotlight, sure the RB3 export isn't delisted but the spotlight rules are:
    - At least 1 RB4 disc/Rivals/free DLC song
    - All other spotlights must be purchasable in the store

So for RB3, the only options so far are Free Bird and Beast and the Harlot.

Wasn't debating IF it could be spotlight. I was facetiously referencing WHICH of the plethora of Primus songs they could use.

In other words, MOAR LES!
  • Abaddon said:

Really like that Float song at a first listen -- reminds me of Dreams (Beck) which is not a bad thing but the drums look more fun.

Conversely, Superfreak is great and I will be getting it post-haste, but the drums look sadly vanilla for a funk song. Still excited it is going to be in Rock Band.

Two for two for me this week!

Good call - I knew Float reminded me of something.. It was Dreams.. That was driving me nuts.
  • bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    HMXOwl said:

biverson said:

I wish Harmonix had a Minneapolis connection

I'm from Minnesota. It's me, I'm the connection.
    Never would have guessed that.
  • Harmonix has finally fixed their typo error with the DLC Reveal Card. Huzzah! :)

Good job, Harmonix! :)
  • ElishaB1 said:

I wanted to pop in and say that "Super Freak" has legit instrument separation! And surprisingly, this song actually has a guitar part. None of the synth or piano parts are charted to guitar. Nor is the saxophone solo at the end.

Fully separated stems and no alt-charting is a rarity these days, so I couldn't be happier! Feels like winning the lottery when we get songs like this nowadays.

that is amazing... I am so happy to hear there is not horns or other alt-charting
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    ElishaB1 said:

I wanted to pop in and say that "Super Freak" has legit instrument separation! And surprisingly, this song actually has a guitar part. None of the synth or piano parts are charted to guitar. Nor is the saxophone solo at the end.

Fully separated stems and no alt-charting is a rarity these days, so I couldn't be happier! Feels like winning the lottery when we get songs like this nowadays.

@Meat-Popsicle
  • ElishaB1 said:

@Meat-Popsicle
    Yes, I saw that post + liked it!
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Haven't played "Float" in 4 yet but will totally declare it the most fun song in RBVR for what that's worth.
    Definitely thought of Beck from the first time I heard it, loved their last album and I'm glad to see more from one of my favorite under represented bands in the game.
    If only it were a pack! Honestly surprised we never wound up with "Dare You To Move" or "Stars" over the years.
  • GLaDOS said:

Haven't played "Float" in 4 yet but will totally declare it the most fun song in RBVR for what that's worth.
    Definitely thought of Beck from the first time I heard it, loved their last album and I'm glad to see more from one of my favorite under represented bands in the game.
    If only it were a pack! Honestly surprised we never wound up with "Dare You To Move" or "Stars" over the years.

I really like Dare You To Move - I'd buy that DLC.
    Really liking the song selection this week. Fun, funky, and groovy tunes across the board.
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    The Switchfoot song was really fun to play on drums. Great songs this week!
  • No Lightning Bolt or Cannibal Corpse in this challenge?
  • Odd, too, that there's nothing by Stone Temple Pilots, given how awesome Robert DeLeo is.
  • Well they also missed the perfect opportunity for September to be spotlight.
  • Well they also missed the perfect opportunity for September to be spotlight.

Would've voted for that over Muse all day long. While I like the song, I can't stand playing Hysteria. I'd much rather have/play Def Leppard's.