Rock Band 4 September Update Now Live!

edited October 10 in Rock Band
Hey everyone! We’ve got an update for Rock Band 4 today with some bug fixes. It’s a quick read, check out the list below for what’s included in today's update.
  • Fixed issue where Online Quickplay players would get stuck in 'Checking Setlist' loop
  • Unlock behavior for Crew’s in Charge and Higher Ground Achievements/Trophies improved
  • Seasonal reward unlocks are now one-time checks, not recurring server checks
A quick note on the Online Quickplay bug fix – often in development you can fix a bug only to find that there was another bug lurking behind it. That was the case with this setlist issue. The last update included some code that gave us better tools to examine the behavior and, through your plays (both successful and not), we were able to collect information that pointed at a different issue than what we originally thought. So, we’re confident that we’ve nipped this particular issue. We ask that you give Online Quickplay a shot and please confirm that it’s working for you. Also, know that we’re paying attention to all of the commentary and working hard to address the issues that you raise!

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-4-september-update-now-available/

Comments

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    "Seasonal reward unlocks are now one-time checks, not recurring server checks"

Huzzah!
  • "Seasonal reward unlocks are now one-time checks, not recurring server checks"

Huzzah!

Yeah, this was a sticking point with me since like, the week after S0 rewards went out. Take your shirts offline to your heart's content!
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited September 20
    HMXOwl said:

"Seasonal reward unlocks are now one-time checks, not recurring server checks"

Huzzah!

Yeah, this was a sticking point with me since like, the week after S0 rewards went out. Take your shirts off to your heart's content!
    Pants and jackets are still TBD
  • Glad to see the reward clothes fix!
  • Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!
  • VladTepzVladTepz Unsigned
    edited September 20
    A little underwhelmed at the 3 fixes in the amount of time since the last update/patch, but the bugs that were fixed are appreciated. :)

My question, does this update have the season 02 rewards baked in and/or should we be expecting another patch/update before the end of season 02?
  • So... why is this an almost 8GB update for things I won't even use, but I can't even play the game without the update? Imagine my discontent getting home from the bar and wanting to play for an hour but NEED to download a 7.83GB update instead...
  • When are you going to fix Vocal Audio lag, Drum Fill lag, and the Drums Lefty Flip Glitch?

ESPECIALLY the lefty flip glitch!!
  • OK. So. 4 weeks into the new season... why hasn't the play bonus (formerly crew play bonus) been fixed in this update? Just let us know if it's not fixable so we can go back to keeping manual lists to see how many times each song has already been played by others. I got 99 XP (for a GS) on a song I hadn't even played once on any instrument last week. With the new decay formula, it's becoming tedious and really not enjoyable.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star

So... why is this an almost 8GB update for things I won't even use, but I can't even play the game without the update? Imagine my discontent getting home from the bar and wanting to play for an hour but NEED to download a 7.83GB update instead...

The update is only 2.434Gb on the PS4.

(same size for both the EU and NA versions)

When are you going to fix Vocal Audio lag, Drum Fill lag, and the Drums Lefty Flip Glitch?

ESPECIALLY the lefty flip glitch!!

There's an ever so slight audio lag for me. I just wish they'd patch the audio/vocal options back onto the game controller, so it was more like it was in the previous Rock Band games. We could adjust audio levels on the fly in RB3 without having to pause the game, navigate 2 layers of menus to adjust sliders and not know the outcome of the changes until un-pausing the game. It's so disruptive to gameplay the way it is in RB4.
  • @theAngryDragon That's more an issue with the way Xbox One updates in general. It's the same reason the big Xbox One games by Microsoft are generally around 100GB by about a year after launch.
  • Not sure why there's a disagree on grumble's post. I'm pretty sure the reason why Xbox One patching is so ineffecient is that it literally redownloads the entire game with the newest updates. That's why they've been getting continually larger over time.
  • edited September 21
    THANK YOU HARMONIX! <3 :) Can't wait to use this update for 'Checking Setlist' fix! 3+ hours of giving up my song picks kind of gets boring after a while.

Yes, Xbox1 re-downloads the entire update and not just what has been added since the previous one.

<blockquote class="UserQuote">

So... why is this an almost 8GB update for things I won't even use, but I can't even play the game without the update? Imagine my discontent getting home from the bar and wanting to play for an hour but NEED to download a 7.83GB update instead...

Couldn't you of unplugged your xbox1 from the internet? I'm not sure if that works or not?

can't edit good :p
  • @ohNOitsLYNCHO If you disrupt updates, they make the situation even worse. I disrupted a Halo Wars 2 update once and when I returned to the update, I had to redownload the whole game. Apparently the major system update later this year improves the situation, I just hope that the update goes live during the gap between season 2 and season 3 because small system updates (~400MB) already take like 2-3 hours to complete so imagine an update that's larger than 1GB.
  • Quick start mode and auto update means it updates while you drink!
  • Dr_DrumminDr_Drummin Unsigned
    edited September 21
    PS4 update completely screwed up my RB Rivals experience. My drums (Ion) are playing ghost red and yellow notes 10 to 15 times per song. There was a significant audio and video lag at start. Auto recalibration made it worse. Restarting Rivals or the PS4 didn't help. Entered the pre-update calibration numbers manually and the lag improved. However the ghost notes is a significant problem. Can this update be uninstalled? I had no problems before this "update".
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    The update was rather buggy for me at first. No issues with the US version which I have installed digitally, but the EU version which uses the physical disc, that caused my PS4 to freeze on the initial Rock Band loading screen (the one with the white background).

It was jammed on that for a good 10 mins, and with no way to close the app, I had to hard reset the console (a lot of beeping).

I tried launching RB4 again and had the same problem, freeze, hard reset, HDD scan.

I finally got it to work (for some reason, shutting down the PS4 and turning it back on after applying the update fixed the glitch on my original PS4), but damn, it seems to hang on that white screen for a long time and takes a bit longer to load the game than it used to (EU physical version)... no noticeable differences with the US digital version.

I tried it on my PS4 Pro and see if it does the same thing, it didn't freeze, but it is noticeably slower booting into the disc version.
  • Tried again today ... same problem with red or yellow ghost notes. This is ridiculous !!! Calibration so far is fine. PS4 U.S. with Ion drums.
  • Tried again today ... same problem with red or yellow ghost notes. This is ridiculous !!! Calibration so far is fine. PS4 U.S. with Ion drums.

Submit a ticket. Make a fuss if you don't get an immediate response
  • Not sure why there's a disagree on grumble's post. I'm pretty sure the reason why Xbox One patching is so ineffecient is that it literally redownloads the entire game with the newest updates. That's why they've been getting continually larger over time.

That's totally up to the developer and not a system thing, actually.
  • Oh, well then that's just silly.
  • I just updated my copy of the game on Xbox One, and I'm stuck on the "Finding Downloaded Content" screen.

I recently had to do a factory reset when the last system update screwed up my console. Had to redownload the game, and all DLC. I have around 800-900 DLC from the RB1-3 days (these numbers include all exports), and with it being stuck at that screen... I stopped watching after 1,000 files found. And I don't see how I could have that many.
  • On the PS4, I personally haven't encountered any issues yet. I have noticed though that my S0 t-shirts are appearing regularly, so thank you for that. Still having inconsistencies with my level however, though I know the update didn't address this. What's happening is that at the start of a new day, the level will appear at 0 or at the start of the current level I am at; which is 80, and then take a long time to catch up to where it was before. I'm also experiencing when I do reach a new level, it stops. Yesterday, I did finally make it to 81 and that's where it stopped. I think this is Sony though, because my brother hasn't reported these issues or stutter on the PS4 Pro. Can anyone confirm?
  • On the PS4, I personally haven't encountered any issues yet. I have noticed though that my S0 t-shirts are appearing regularly, so thank you for that. Still having inconsistencies with my level however, though I know the update didn't address this. What's happening is that at the start of a new day, the level will appear at 0 or at the start of the current level I am at; which is 80, and then take a long time to catch up to where it was before. I'm also experiencing when I do reach a new level, it stops. Yesterday, I did finally make it to 81 and that's where it stopped. I think this is Sony though, because my brother hasn't reported these issues or stutter on the PS4 Pro. Can anyone confirm?

No this is the game. Have had this happen almost every time I've played over the last couple weeks.
  • Tested out online a fair amount and checking setlist does seem to be fixed. Overall a smooth online experience, congrats HMX!
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited September 24
    Played for 6 hours today with 2 - 4 players online. I did see the checking setlist words pop up from time to time but the game would sync up in 5 seconds and let us progress to the instrument select screen. Bravo to Harmonix for fixing online play for XboxOne. Now how about the rest of those delisted songs. I know we can never be satisfied.
  • I'm having a problem on Xbox One. I turned the game on for the first time since the update and right after loading the menu, the "Finding Downloaded Content" screen popped up. This was odd because I haven't bought any DLC in a while. But it scanned 40 songs and then loaded. But upon going into quickplay, I noticed I'm now missing about 500 songs. All of my DLC (and RB4 game install) is stored on an external USB 3.0 drive. I use the drive for many of my other XB1 games and have had no problems. So, I know it's not the hard drive.

I tried doing the "refresh music library" thing in the menu, and even doing that only found 100 songs. When I go into "manage game" in the Xbox dashboard, it shows all of my songs on the drive as they should be. And of course, in the RB store, the songs show as "purchased" as opposed to "in library". There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Even with game exports, 4-5 Lego Rock Band songs are in my library and the rest are just gone. Anybody have any ideas? Because this is super frustrating.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    My calibration went crazy. I had to auto calibrate again and with a noticeably different result. Whether that is update related or just coincidence, I don't know.
  • revengefanrevengefan Unsigned
    edited September 25

I'm having a problem on Xbox One. I turned the game on for the first time since the update and right after loading the menu, the "Finding Downloaded Content" screen popped up. This was odd because I haven't bought any DLC in a while. But it scanned 40 songs and then loaded. But upon going into quickplay, I noticed I'm now missing about 500 songs. All of my DLC (and RB4 game install) is stored on an external USB 3.0 drive. I use the drive for many of my other XB1 games and have had no problems. So, I know it's not the hard drive.

I tried doing the "refresh music library" thing in the menu, and even doing that only found 100 songs. When I go into "manage game" in the Xbox dashboard, it shows all of my songs on the drive as they should be. And of course, in the RB store, the songs show as "purchased" as opposed to "in library". There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Even with game exports, 4-5 Lego Rock Band songs are in my library and the rest are just gone. Anybody have any ideas? Because this is super frustrating.

The last XBox One system update caused my console to do a factory reset. It was like I had never used it before. Did you experience the same thing?
    After that, I had the same problem of none of my DLC showing up even though it showed it all on the external drive. What I did was launch Rock Band 4 and then go to quickplay and let it load the songs it finds. Then back out to the main menu and just let it sit there for a few hours and then go back into quickplay and it should load more songs. Rinse and repeat.
    It took me around 2 days for everything to load for me, but I have over 2000 DLC. Yours might not take as long.

• The last XBox One system update caused my console to do a factory reset. It was like I had never used it before. Did you experience the same thing?
    After that, I had the same problem of none of my DLC showing up even though it showed it all on the external drive. What I did was launch Rock Band 4 and then go to quickplay and let it load the songs it finds. Then back out to the main menu and just let it sit there for a few hours and then go back into quickplay and it should load more songs. Rinse and repeat.
    It took me around 2 days for everything to load for me, but I have over 2000 DLC. Yours might not take as long.

Actually, now that you mention it, mine did that too. I didn't think anything of it because I re-added my gamertag and fixed everything since then...without touching RB4. But yeah, I could see that being part of the problem. Awesome, lol. I'll give your advice a shot. Hopefully my songs will show back up eventually. Thanks for the response!