DLC Discussion Thread: Two Great Tastes

Comments

• Spotlight Pass means I'm already locked in for Burnin' For You. (I'd call it "B4U," but the DDR player in me thinks of that as a different song altogether.)

The Shawn Mendes song sounds nice, too. I'll probably get that.
  • I'm burnin', I'm burnin, I'm burnin' for Blue.
  • A solid week for me, I'm just glad that Burnin' For You was the Season Pass song over the Shawn Mendes song. :)

But I'm ain't hatin' on the later, though. It's an okay-ish pop song, though, I would've preferred Try Everything or Maps (to go along with a color theme). :)

Weekly Challenge Theme: Bonus XP for playing more than one instrument.
    =Spotlight Songs=
    - Burnin' For You (Blue Öyster Cult)
    - Listen to the Music (The Doobie Brothers)
    - A Passage to Bangkok (Rush)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 26
    My challenge prediction is a food theme with no XP bonus and these spotlights:
    - Blue Öyster Cult - "Burnin' For You"
    - Cake - "Short Skirt/Long Jacket"
    - Jimmy Buffett - "Cheeseburger in Paradise"

The Shawn Mendes song won't be eligible just like Postpone wasn't in the guitar challenge and Float wasn't in the bass challenge.
  • Y'all ever going to follow up on that leaked Carrie Underwood song from Rock Band VR and add it to the RB4 DLC library? I'm still waiting for it...
  • Awesome!! I listened to Burnin' For You so many times that I feel like I've known it all my life (when in fact I found about it a year or so ago).
  • "Burnin' For You" is amazing and it is about time we finally got it. Luckily I was given a spotlight pass from one of the other members of my crew, so I will be getting the song.
    LoopyChew said:

Spotlight Pass means I'm already locked in for Burnin' For You. (I'd call it "B4U," but the DDR player in me thinks of that as a different song altogether.)

The Shawn Mendes song sounds nice, too. I'll probably get that.

I would be super excited to get "B4U" in Rock Band... that is up there as one of my favorite DDR songs
  • Burning For You is exactly the type of song we need more of - classic rock classics! Soooooo glad to have it..
    Never heard the Shawn Mendes song but it doesn't sound too bad.. I'll put it on the wishlist for another day.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Cool get on the BOC (would love to someday get Shooting Shark from them, but I’m fairly certain that’s never gonna happen).

Question about the beginning part of the clip for the Shawn Mendes song: is it just me or does it appear like there’s an off-beat kick or tom hit every measure that isn’t charted? Is that just him slapping the guitar?
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    I will pick up any and all BOC, and this is obviously a fantastic choice

No to the Shawn Mendes
    edited September 26
    Another thing to note now that we're getting Burnin' For You. We can be even more thankful that Transmaniacon MC came in the RB2 era because no way would that song have been RB4 era DLC, way too obscure.
  • Another thing to note now that we're getting Burnin' For You. We can be even more thankful that Transmaniacon MC came in the RB2 era because no way would that song have been RB4 era DLC, way too obscure.

Absolutely.
    Funny you bring that up - I was just on the website to see what the one BOC song was that I didn't own.. I've never heard that song outside of this game, but it's about time I pick it up - it's pretty solid, and classic rock - so I'm in.. Not sure why I waited this long..
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

Another thing to note now that we're getting Burnin' For You. We can be even more thankful that Transmaniacon MC came in the RB2 era because no way would that song have been RB4 era DLC, way too obscure.

Absolutely.
    Funny you bring that up - I was just on the website to see what the one BOC song was that I didn't own.. I've never heard that song outside of this game, but it's about time I pick it up - it's pretty solid, and classic rock - so I'm in.. Not sure why I waited this long..
    It's also on the Metal Track Pack, which is also now the only way to get three other tracks, two of which are classic rock (Nazareth's "Hair of the Dog" and Hawkwind's "Master of the Universe").
  • tnevaker said:

well, Rocksmith is getting (a cover of) '99 Red Balloons' today, i think that DLC would be more his style.

Oh what I would give for either version of that song...

I don't know about Georgie, but I would like a balloon!
  • Fun Fact: There is a 1990s Punk Rock Band called Pennywise, which is named after the main atagonist of Stephen King's It.
  • tnevaker said:

BURNIN FOR YOU!!! OMG its really happening!

i hear there's another song coming this week too, but who cares, 'cos BURNIN FOR YOU!!!!

i'm guessing it probably won't have stems, but this is the very definition of the kind of song HMX should release even if they can't get separated stems.

dog037 said:

If Pennywise had this DLC in the sewer with him, I would go down there.

well, Rocksmith is getting (a cover of) '99 Red Balloons' today, i think that DLC would be more his style.
    "Burnin' For You" was in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, so I would say there is a good chance it will have separated stems
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited September 26

tnevaker said:

i hear there's another song coming this week too, but who cares, 'cos BURNIN FOR YOU!!!!

i'm guessing it probably won't have stems, but this is the very definition of the kind of song HMX should release even if they can't get separated stems.

dog037 said:

"Burnin' For You" was in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, so I would say there is a good chance it will have separated stems
    The version in GHWoR was a 90s rerecord. This is confirmed to be the original. That's not to say this doesn't have stems, but I suspect if the original with stems had been available that would have been the version GHWoR would have used.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited September 26

Pennywise, which is named after the main atagonist of Stephen King's It.

Eh... depends on your point of view.

Pennywise was a protagonist for me, much like how William Zabka was the real protagonist in Karate Kid.
  • @firedoom666 It was a re-record in GHWoR so it could go either way. If You Could Only See is the main example against it being separated.
  • tnevaker said:

dog037 said:

The version in GHWoR was a 90s rerecord. This is confirmed to be the original. That's not to say this doesn't have stems, but I suspect if the original with stems had been available that would have been the version GHWoR would have used.
    oh you're right... I never played any GH game past the three, so I never knew that
  • I kept my expectations in check, I assumed BOC would be a rewind or something. Then you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!
    edited September 26

Absolutely.
    We're going to see more examples of this as the RB4 era continues, in fact we already had some before Burnin' For You like when we got Use Somebody in March this year and The One I Love on the RB4 disc.
  • Pennywise, which is named after the main atagonist of Stephen King's It.

Pennywise was a protagonist for me, much like how William Zabka was the real protagonist in Karate Kid.
    Barney?
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Would love to get Bassnectar's Pennywise Tribute!

BOC is fantastic. Only read dud of the spotlight pass so far is that A7X song.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

Absolutely.
    We're going to see more examples of this as the RB4 era continues, in fact we already had some before Burnin' For You like when we got Use Somebody in March this year and The One I Love on the RB4 disc.
    Not sure I follow?

• Uh hell yeah!??? I'm burnin' for that Blue Oyster Cult DLC you got there pal.
  • It's pretty much a universally-agreed fact that "Burnin' for You" is easily one of the most overdue songs for the Rock Band series. Very happy to finally get it!

My sentiment exactly, thanks HMX! :)
  • Pennywise, which is named after the main atagonist of Stephen King's It.

Barney?
    What?! Please!! But I hear that guy is pretty amazing. ;)