October 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Scary Monsters and Nice FCs

Comments

• bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited October 5

Since packs haven't been confirmed to be a continued thing.. I say at most we will see "maybe" once a month. Not a weekly thing.

*Edit: Lol i'm so dumb. I read some of the above post as this month's predictions. Sorry i'm tired. :X*

Once a month seems too often for the rate we've been getting packs, but with Black Friday and the Holidays coming up those are both at least decent bets to get packs.

When the year turns is when the drought likely begins again.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 5
    What I think will happen is 3* song weeks being the norm for the rest of the year with the odd larger week here and there for stuff like the 10th anniversary of RB and Christmas. Then the 2017 cycle repeats (3* song weeks for January, 2* song weeks for February to October)

* Total of new + rewind.
  • What I think will happen is 3* song weeks being the norm for the rest of the year with the odd larger week here and there for stuff like the 10th anniversary of RB and Christmas. Then the 2018 cycle begins anew (3* song weeks for January, 2* song weeks for February to October)

* Total of new + rewind.

Until April of 2019.

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    It would be incredible to have "2 new + 1 rewind" be the new weekly standard, but there's been nothing promised or hinted at, other than, "oh, next week you're getting 2 new + 1 rewind". 1 week does not make a trend.

But: dare to dream!
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act

GLaDOS said:

Since packs haven't been confirmed to be a continued thing.. I say at most we will see "maybe" once a month. Not a weekly thing.

*Edit: Lol i'm so dumb. I read some of the above post as this month's predictions. Sorry i'm tired. :X*

Realism is absolutely no fun.

Week 3 - The Killers Pack 02
    "The Man"
    "Run For Cover"
    "When You Were Young" (rewind)

Week 4 - Coldplay Pack 02
    "Birds" (rewind)
    "Talk"
    "Paradise"

And those are my totally realistic expectations for the second half of October, and don't you dare rain on my parade.
    I would switch out Run for Cover with Read my Mind just because i NEEEEEED Read My Mind. ;)
    Can we make it a 4 pack?

That's a good Coldplay pack though.

I'll stop raining on parades. Pack-pride people! :p <3 <3 <3 <3 o:) </p>
    We could fill several packs with what we're missing from them (same with Coldplay for that matter):
    We still need "Runaways" "Human" "The Man" "Run For Cover" "Jenny Was A Friend of Mine" "Read My Mind" "Bones" "For Reasons Unknown" "Shadowplay" "All The Pretty Faces" "Shot At The Night"......
    Damn, Jenny really should've been a RB3 disc song, it's a crime that we'll never be able to play that sweet synth on the keyboard.
  • GLaDOS said:

GLaDOS said:

Realism is absolutely no fun.

Week 3 - The Killers Pack 02
    "The Man"
    "Run For Cover"
    "When You Were Young" (rewind)

Week 4 - Coldplay Pack 02
    "Birds" (rewind)
    "Talk"
    "Paradise"

And those are my totally realistic expectations for the second half of October, and don't you dare rain on my parade.
    I would switch out Run for Cover with Read my Mind just because i NEEEEEED Read My Mind. ;)
    Can we make it a 4 pack?

That's a good Coldplay pack though.

I'll stop raining on parades. Pack-pride people! :p <3 <3 <3 <3 o:) </p>
    We could fill several packs with what we're missing from them (same with Coldplay for that matter):
    We still need "Runaways" "Human" "The Man" "Run For Cover" "Jenny Was A Friend of Mine" "Read My Mind" "Bones" "For Reasons Unknown" "Shadowplay" "All The Pretty Faces" "Shot At The Night"......
    Damn, Jenny really should've been a RB3 disc song, it's a crime that we'll never be able to play that sweet synth on the keyboard.
    This!

I would die a happy man if Harmonix gets All The Pretty Faces as a Rock Band DLC. One of my favorite obscurer songs from The Killers, which made an appearance in Guitar Hero 5! :)

Though, I probably need to get myself to listen to The Man eventually, to see if I like it as much as I do with When You Were Young and Spaceman.
  • @GLaDOS If there was no RB hiatus, I think we would've got a Killers pack in the RB3 era as there was album promotion in music games for both Sam's Town (When You Were Young in GH3 and RB1) and Day & Age (Human and Losing Touch as GHWT DLC, Spaceman as RB2 DLC). Battle Born came out at a time when while we didn't think a hiatus was happening, HMX had likely already planned the hiatus.
  • I'd love to see Losing Touch and Human too eventually.
  • I think we may be starting 2018 off with more Avenged Sevenfold, there's a deluxe edition of The Stage releasing on 15th December and the first week of the year for the RB4 era has always been metal.
  • edited October 6

I think we may be starting 2018 off with more Avenged Sevenfold, there's a deluxe edition of The Stage releasing on 15th December and the first week of the year for the RB4 era has always been metal.

I hope the heck not. :p
  • I think we may be starting 2018 off with more Avenged Sevenfold, there's a deluxe edition of The Stage releasing on 15th December and the first week of the year for the RB4 era has always been metal.

Malaguena Salarosa

or watch their version of God Only Knows be the closest we ever get to Beach Boys DLC ;)

Malaguena Salarosa

or watch their version of God Only Knows be the closest we ever get to Beach Boys DLC ;)
    I'd definitely buy Malaguena Salarosa.
    Would be cool to get A Little Piece of Heaven at some point!
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act

I'd love to see Losing Touch and Human too eventually.

"Losing Touch" is such an amazing song that I'd love to have in the game, but I definitely don't see it happening.

Even as an album promotion it was super weird Guitar Hero got that one in the pack instead of something like "Spaceman"

Don't make the same mistake twice Harmonix! Get "The Man" while it's hot! Before it's too late!
    ...or we can keep pretending Hot Fuss is the only album with good material left on it... I mean honestly I'd take more from The Killers either way.

Also a couple random thoughts:
    -I don't expect it but "Feel It Still" by Portugal. The Man would probably sell pretty well since it's lightin' up the charts these days
    -I would be shocked as hell if packs come back and we don't get Imagine Dragons 01. "Believer" has been in the top 5 of the Hot Rock Charts for the last 32 weeks! And most of those weeks it's been #1! I'm saying the week of February 18th was the last time it wasn't top 5! Even crazier is that 18 out of the last 19 weeks have had not only "Believer" but also "Thunder" somewhere in the top 5. Grab those two and throw "Demons" in to round out a 3-pack that will surely print money.
    -According to the in-game classifications, Harmonix has only released 5 New Wave songs as paid DLC since RB4's release. This breaks my heart, we're long overdue for more!
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Based on chart positions (or something, idk) I could see a Killers Pack 02:

Read My Mind
    Human
    The Man

Also, where is my "Electric Feel" by MGMT? It's about time we should be getting that.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 7
    The Switch may have even helped Believer at times. It's very impressive how well that console has done over the past 7 months and Super Mario Odyssey isn't even out yet.

@razor63 If there's a pack, When You Were Young would be in it like how Man in the Box is in Alice in Chains Pack 03.
  • GLaDOS said:

I'd love to see Losing Touch and Human too eventually.

"Losing Touch" is such an amazing song that I'd love to have in the game, but I definitely don't see it happening.

Even as an album promotion it was super weird Guitar Hero got that one in the pack instead of something like "Spaceman"

Don't make the same mistake twice Harmonix! Get "The Man" while it's hot! Before it's too late!
    ...or we can keep pretending Hot Fuss is the only album with good material left on it... I mean honestly I'd take more from The Killers either way.

Also a couple random thoughts:
    -I don't expect it but "Feel It Still" by Portugal. The Man would probably sell pretty well since it's lightin' up the charts these days
    -I would be shocked as hell if packs come back and we don't get Imagine Dragons 01. "Believer" has been in the top 5 of the Hot Rock Charts for the last 32 weeks! And most of those weeks it's been #1! I'm saying the week of February 18th was the last time it wasn't top 5! Even crazier is that 18 out of the last 19 weeks have had not only "Believer" but also "Thunder" somewhere in the top 5. Grab those two and throw "Demons" in to round out a 3-pack that will surely print money.
    -According to the in-game classifications, Harmonix has only released 5 New Wave songs as paid DLC since RB4's release. This breaks my heart, we're long overdue for more!
    Imagine Dragons is definitely big enough to have a 3 pack, even in this era. And we have a disc song and dlc by them so they were at least willing to play ball at one point.

But if you think New Wave is lacking, check out Southern Rock. I think we've gotten 1 or 2 as dlc but neither a classic.
  • The Switch may have even helped Believer at times. It's very impressive how well that console has done over the past 7 months and Super Mario Odyssey isn't even out yet.

@razor63 If there's a pack, When You Were Young would be in it like how Man in the Box is in Alice in Chains Pack 03.

More than likely we'd end up with

When You Were Young
    The Man
    maybe Human if it's a pack

Human is the last Top 40 song we don't have by them, and I was surprised we got All These Things over that last time.
  • @bonethug0108 Well like discussed earlier, HMX has a bias for Hot Fuss. Same logic can be applied to them getting Smile Like You Mean It in the RB2 era. That's why I think the 3rd song would be Jenny Was a Friend of Mine as while it's a deep cut, it's on the more popular side of deep cuts.
  • @bonethug0108 Well, HMX has a bias.

• XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    We need more P!nk
  • While I really doubt it'll happen, it would be cool if the pattern of known DLC in October so far continues and us end up with Coldplay or Maroon 5. This week we had 1982 (Heat of the Moment, Eye of the Tiger), next week we have 1992 (Them Bones, Down in a Hole), if it continues the following week would be 2002 of which Songs About Jane and A Rush of Blood to the Head came out in.
  • Xzalor said:

We need more P!nk

Just like a pill and don’t let me get me please.
  • @bonethug0108 Well like discussed earlier, HMX has a bias for Hot Fuss. Same logic can be applied to them getting Smile Like You Mean It in the RB2 era. That's why I think the 3rd song would be Jenny Was a Friend of Mine as while it's a deep cut, it's on the more popular side of deep cuts.

I don't think it has anything to do with a Hmx bias, and All These Things was also a fairly popular song as it also went platinum and charted in the 70s on the Hot 100.

BUT Hmx has had a HUGE "bias" to singles over non singles in the RB4 era (and to take that further, mostly high charting singles), so I would not expect a deep cut from The Killers. We'd either get Human with The Man or just get The Man (and/or another new song for promo) along with a rewind, if we get any additional songs at all.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited October 7
    Xzalor said:

We need more P!nk

Me and my wife would both agree to that.

I mean she only has 17 Top 40 singles we don't have, 11 of which are top 10.

I'd say it's doubtful we get any first album stuff or Lady Marmalade, so here's the list of stuff that would have a good shot:

Don't Let Me Get Me
    Just Like a Pill
    Family Potrait
    Stupid Girls
    U + Ur Hand
    Fuckin' Perfect (name may be prohibitive)
    Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
    Try
    Just Give Me a Reason
    Just Like Fire
    Setting the World on Fire
    What About Us

Of the older songs (pre 2011) the most realistic are Don't Let Me Get Me, Just Like a Pill, and U + Ur Hand.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    hiimSMAP said:

djb5f1 said:

Since this week's DLC announcement, I've had "Heat of the Moment" in my mind and that has turned into "Take Me Home Tonight". Can't shake it.

Eddie Money pack of Take Me Home Tonight, Shakin’, and I Think I’m in Love confirmed!
    make it a four pack with "I Wanna Go Back"
  • calloycalloy Unsigned

We definitely need Take Me Home Tonight and Shakin'. Anything beyond that would be gravy.

gravy is an actual food group where I'm from
  • Xzalor said:

We need more P!nk

Me and my wife would both agree to that.

I mean she only has 17 Top 40 singles we don't have, 11 of which are top 10.

I'd say it's doubtful we get any first album stuff or Lady Marmalade, so here's the list of stuff that would have a good shot:

Don't Let Me Get Me
    Just Like a Pill
    Family Potrait
    Stupid Girls
    U + Ur Hand
    Fuckin' Perfect (name may be prohibitive)
    Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
    Try
    Just Give Me a Reason
    Just Like Fire
    Setting the World on Fire
    What About Us

Of the older songs (pre 2011) the most realistic are Don't Let Me Get Me, Just Like a Pill, and U + Ur Hand.
    Wow, that's a lot of hits we don't have! Could legit do a 6 pack from her and it would be all hit songs. I'd take the 3 you mentioned and add Family Portrait, Fuckin' Perfect (I think the single was released as "Perfect", so I'm sure they could just call it that in the game), and Try.
This discussion has been closed.