October 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Scary Monsters and Nice FCs

Comments

• Kelly Clarkson does have a new album out this month so at the very least a 2017 single seems realistic.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    GLaDOS said:

"Uma Thurman" is the only post-hiatus song I'd want from them at this point.

Plenty of pre-hiatus songs I'd love to get though

I still can't believe we don't have Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy or America's Suitehearts
  • I've always wondered why we never got Clarkson's more Rock-oriented songs. Behind These Hazel Eyes, Since You've Been Gone, Breakaway (softer but still kind of classifies). Even Because Of You is a good one.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act

I've always wondered why we never got Clarkson's more Rock-oriented songs. Behind These Hazel Eyes, Since You've Been Gone, Breakaway (softer but still kind of classifies). Even Because Of You is a good one.

Well "Miss Independent" is the only track we have from her that wasn't an album promotion, right?
    She's definitely overdue for a pack herself, "Since U Been Gone" and "Walk Away" are musts.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited October 9
    Was "Stronger" album promotion? The album came out October 2011, the single January 2012, and Blitz August 2012. It was her 'most recent' album at the time, but it wasn't exactly timed to coincide with and promote a hot new release; it was already an established hit long before it came to Rock Band.

Heartbeat Song was also a single over a year before it was an RB track.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act

Was "Stronger" album promotion? The album came out October 2011, the single January 2012, and Blitz August 2012. It was her 'most recent' album at the time, but it wasn't exactly timed to coincide with and promote a hot new release; it was already an established hit long before it came to Rock Band.

Heartbeat Song was also a single over a year before it was an RB track.

Seems I had my dates totally wrong, so you're right, not quite album promotions, but you can definitely see a pattern of opting for the newest material with her.
  • Again, I reiterate I Do Not Hook Up :p
  • Just start off with the entirety of Greatest Hits Chapter One except the Christmas song. :p
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Wasn't some sort of announcement teased for this week? Do you think that's why Alice in Chains was announced early? Could the announcement be coming today?

Or was it a live stream of some sort? My memory is bad.
  • @TheStuddz There's a special stream today but it could be more the celebratory type like the one in July rather than announcements, we probably won't know until the stream itself. I think the early Alice in Chains announcement was either to do with the end of season 2 (spotlight pass is delisted at the end of the season) or something to do with the 25th anniversary of Dirt (the announcement was close to the anniversary).
  • Good Things Come In Fours next week? :p
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior

Good Things Come In Fours next week? :p

2002 next week :) Surely not just coincidence that we've had 2 songs from 1982 and 2 from 1992! :p
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    2002?
    OMG SK8ER BOI

I find your "songs from the 2000s are coming up next" logic plausible, but why just the year 2002?
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    V8VANTAGE said:

2002 next week :) Surely not just coincidence that we've had 2 songs from 1982 and 2 from 1992! :p
    Eminem confirmed! Excited for Lose Yourself and Sing for the Moment.

• 2002?
    OMG SK8ER BOI

I find your "songs from the 2000s are coming up next" logic plausible, but why just the year 2002?

Not necessarily just 2002 but mostly 2002 would fit the pattern. After all, Man in the Box is a 1990 song (RB uses 1991 but it's technically 1990 as Facelift came out in 1990).
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    well for a good many of us, Man in the Box doesn't really count as it is a rewind.

So new songs from 2002 (not that that is a real pattern, 1982...1992... 2002).
  • 2002? So Coldplay, Sugababes, Aaron Carter and Atomic Kitten. Though more optimistically Joey Ramone's cover of What a Wonderful World. Or...David Bowie, Everyone Says Hi from that album was in Amplitude. Or...Nightwish! But we'd probably get Phantom of the Opera off that and that'd qualify as Halloween-ish. Possibly Disturbed or Weezer since we already have 29 songs by both. Or Johnny Cash?
  • If HMX is continuing a GH streak, these are the 2002 songs left from that series:
    Interpol - "Obstacle 1" (GHWT)
    Coldplay - "In My Place" (GH5), "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" (GH3 DLC)
    Maroon 5 - "She Will Be Loved" (BH), "Harder to Breathe" (GH5 DLC)
    Audioslave - "Cochise" (GH1)
    The Donnas - "Take It Off" (GH1)
    Tool - "Parabola" (GHWT)
    Kent - "VinterNoll2" (GHWT)
    Thrice - "Deadbolt" (GH5)
    OK Go - "Get Over It" (GH5 DLC)
    The Used - "Buried Myself Alive" (WoR DLC)
    Saliva - "Always" (WoR DLC)
    Trapt - "Headstrong" (WoR DLC)
    New Found Glory - "My Friends Over You" (GHTV)
    Pearl Jam - "I Am Mine" (GHTV)
    N.E.R.D. - "Rock Star" (BH)

There's also some rewinds like Girls & Boys but outside of Free Bird, every rewind since RBVR's launch has been a RBVR song.
  • I want Take It Off & Sk8r boi so bad.
    Cochise would be awesome too.

• WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited October 10
    Coldplay or Maroon 5 seem the biggest locks of those bands listed to get one of those songs.

For example:

Coldplay Collection 02:
    Birds
    In My Place
    Shiver

Maroon 5 Pack 02:
    Harder to Breathe
    Maps
    She Will Be Loved
  • Coldplay or Maroon 5 seem the biggest locks of those bands listed to get one of those songs.

For example:

Coldplay Collection 02:
    Birds
    In My Place
    Shiver

Violet Hill seems more likely that Shiver, due to how high the former placed in the charts, and also having more certifications than the latter. (And also, Violet Hill is my favorite song from Coldplay, but Shiver is also a pretty decent song, so I'll buy either version with either song. :) ).
  • Fair, they're both former GH songs so they both work!

Plus Violet Hill does have that nice short fun guitar solo.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 10
    Remember when RB4 was rigged such that after Rivals launch once you unlocked it, The Owl Lodge was the most likely venue to appear in quickplay. By that logic, Coldplay being the 1 year of Rivals celebration seems rather feasible. :p
  • Remember when RB4 was rigged such that after Rivals launch once you unlocked it, The Owl Lodge was the most likely venue to appear in quickplay. By that logic, Coldplay being the 1 year of Rivals celebration seems rather feasible. :p

It's like they knew who would be coming before it happened or something XD
  • V8VANTAGE said:

Who knows, maybe you're right, but deducing a pattern from two weeks is the stuff coincidences are made of.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior

Who knows, maybe you're right, but deducing a pattern from two weeks is the stuff coincidences are made of.

'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action' - Ian Fleming, Goldfinger
  • Who knows, maybe you're right, but deducing a pattern from two weeks is the stuff coincidences are made of.

'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action' - Ian Fleming, Goldfinger
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Do You Realize??
    That you have the most beautiful face?
    Do You Realize??
    2002 was quite great?

Do You Realize??
    Getting no Flaming Lips since RB3 makes me cry?
    Do You Realize??
    This is a chance to make it right.

Musically best year of the decade for me. Wilco’s “Yankee Hotel Foxtrot”, The Flaming Lips’ “Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots”, Porcupine Tree’s “In Absentia”, Pain of Salvation’s “Remedy Lane”... it was a very good year.

...yeah, we’re getting “In My Place” by Coldplay.
  • If HMX is continuing a GH streak, these are the 2002 songs left from that series:
    Interpol - "Obstacle 1" (GHWT)
    Coldplay - "In My Place" (GH5), "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" (GH3 DLC)
    Maroon 5 - "She Will Be Loved" (BH), "Harder to Breathe" (GH5 DLC)
    Audioslave - "Cochise" (GH1)
    The Donnas - "Take It Off" (GH1)
    Tool - "Parabola" (GHWT)
    Kent - "VinterNoll2" (GHWT)
    Thrice - "Deadbolt" (GH5)
    OK Go - "Get Over It" (GH5 DLC)
    The Used - "Buried Myself Alive" (WoR DLC)
    Saliva - "Always" (WoR DLC)
    Trapt - "Headstrong" (WoR DLC)
    New Found Glory - "My Friends Over You" (GHTV)
    Pearl Jam - "I Am Mine" (GHTV)
    N.E.R.D. - "Rock Star" (BH)

There's also some rewinds like Girls & Boys but outside of Free Bird, every rewind since RBVR's launch has been a RBVR song.

DUDE! We need Get Over It and Always. Also would really like to see Cochise (though I prefer Show Me How to Live, or both) and Headstrong (always curious we got that other song but not this one, even with new album promo as GH still got it).
  • Given the 4 GH songs this season also came to RS, here's the RS 2002 songs:
    Maroon 5 - "Harder to Breathe", "She Will Be Loved"
    Straightener - "ROCKSTEADY" (This came when RS released a load of J-Rock for a few months after RS2014 launch)
    Matchbox Twenty - "Unwell"
    Sum 41 - "The Hell Song"
    Audioslave - "Cochise", "I Am the Highway", "Show Me How to Live"
    Seether ft. Amy Lee - "Broken"
    Breaking Benjamin - "Polyamorous"
    The Donnas - "Take It Off"
    Coldplay - "In My Place"
    Avril Lavigne - "Sk8er Boi", "I'm With You"
    Sheryl Crow - "Soak Up the Sun"
    New Found Glory - "My Friends Over You"
    3 Doors Down - "Away From the Sun"
    Thrice - "Deadbolt"