October 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Scary Monsters and Nice FCs

Comments

• aimsmallmismallaimsmallmismall Unsigned
    edited October 10

Given the 4 GH songs this season also came to RS, here's the RS 2002 songs:
    Maroon 5 - "Harder to Breathe", "She Will Be Loved"
    Straightener - "ROCKSTEADY" (This came when RS released a load of J-Rock for a few months after RS2014 launch)
    Matchbox Twenty - "Unwell"
    Sum 41 - "The Hell Song"
    Audioslave - "Cochise", "I Am the Highway", "Show Me How to Live"
    Seether ft. Amy Lee - "Broken"
    Breaking Benjamin - "Polyamorous"
    The Donnas - "Take It Off"
    Coldplay - "In My Place"
    Avril Lavigne - "Sk8er Boi", "I'm With You"
    Sheryl Crow - "Soak Up the Sun"
    New Found Glory - "My Friends Over You"
    3 Doors Down - "Away From the Sun"
    Thrice - "Deadbolt"

Bolded songs would be most welcome..

I'd love some Seether too, but Broken wouldn't be in my top 5 choices.. Likewise, I love me some Audioslave, and I'd gladly take it, but there are many more I'd choose over I Am The Highway.
  • And Broken would be in my top 5. Never really cared for Seether though but I love Amy Lee.
  • My top 5 for Seether would be Broken and entitlements for the 4 RBN songs.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited October 11
    Not sure I have an exact order for a Seether top 5, but I really like Broken (either version but prefer the one with Amy Lee).

I'd like to get the RBN ones back also, and at least add Broken and Fine Again.

As for Audioslave, I need Show Me How to Live and really want Cochise. Anything else is gravy.

And I know it's not listed, but the last 3 Doors Down song I really need (and my favorite by them) is Loser. My wife we like to add a few others (and doesn't really like Loser).

But speaking of Loser, we also need the Beck version badly.

And just to reiterate them, we also need Get Over It and Always from the other list, and Headstrong would be cool too (as well as Unwell from the second list).

And for Maroon 5, a couple of their older songs would be cool, but I actually prefer most of their newer singles, as would my wife. Payphone would make her especially happy.
  • Not sure I have an exact order for a Seether top 5, but I really like Broken (either version but prefer the one with Amy Lee).

I'd like to get the RBN ones back also, and at least add Broken and Fine Again.

As for Audioslave, I need Show Me How to Live and really want Cochise. Anything else is gravy.

And I know it's not listed, but the last 3 Doors Down song I really need (and my favorite by them) is Loser. My wife we like to add a few others (and doesn't really like Loser).

But speaking of Loser, we also need the song of the same name by Beck badly.

And just to reiterate them, we also need Get Over It and Always from the other list, and Headstrong would be cool too (as well as Unwell from the second list).

And for Maroon 5, a couple of their older songs would be cool, but I actually prefer most of their newer singles, as would my wife. Payphone would make her especially happy.

Fixed that for you. (Beck's Loser and 3 Doors Down's Loser had two very different lyrics. So, they're basically, two different songs of the same name.)
  • There was nothing to fix. 3DD's Loser is a very dark song and I love the feel to it.
  • aimsmallmismallaimsmallmismall Unsigned
    edited October 11

And Broken would be in my top 5. Never really cared for Seether though but I love Amy Lee.

Well it was probably their biggest hit, so I doubt you're alone.

My top 5 for Seether would be Broken and entitlements for the 4 RBN songs.

Yeah I definitely want Rise Above This, Fake It, and Remedy back, but I could definitely do without Country Song.. I'd rather have Gasoline, Needles, Breakdown, Fallen, The Gift , Truth, or Given (but I'm sure most of those are looooong shots nowadays).

*Side note - I saw Seether play live years ago with Halestorm opening up, and for Broken, they brought back out Lizzy Hale to sing Amy Lee's part.. She was awesome.. Great moment.
  • And Broken would be in my top 5. Never really cared for Seether though but I love Amy Lee.

Well it was probably their biggest hit, so I doubt you're alone.

My top 5 for Seether would be Broken and entitlements for the 4 RBN songs.

Yeah I definitely want Rise Above This, Fake It, and Remedy back, but I could definitely do without Country Song.. I'd rather have Gasoline, Needles, Breakdown, Fallen, The Gift , Truth, or Given (but I'm sure most of those are looooong shots nowadays).

*Side note - I saw Seether play live years ago with Halestorm opening up, and for Broken, they brought back out Lizzy Hale to sing Amy Lee's part.. She was awesome.. Great moment.

Oh I sort of forgot Seether sings Rise Above This lol. Like that one too.
  • There was nothing to fix. 3DD's Loser is a very dark song and I love the feel to it.

I think he just meant that the way you worded it, it made it sound like Beck's Loser was just a different version of the other.

I think he just meant that the way you worded it, it made it sound like Beck's Loser was just a different version of the other.
    Nah. They meant they don't care for that Loser and changed it to something else.

Nah. They meant they don't care for that Loser and changed it to something else.
    No, he changed this:

But speaking of Loser, we also need the Beck version badly.

to this:

But speaking of Loser, we also need the song of the same name by Beck badly.
  • You are right. I read something VERY wrong.
  • All good. I've misread things more than a few times myself.
  • bentley88 said:

We need a Journey pack with Any Way You Want It,Wheel in the Sky, and Separate Ways.

Agree. Wheel in the Sky is fantastic.
    Would be cool if they did a six pack and included the delisted Don’t Stop Believing.

Separate Ways
    Wheel In the Sky
    Any Way You Want It
    Don’t Stop Believing
    Faithfully
    And Lights or Open Arms. Prefer Open Arms though.
  • bentley88 said:

We need a Journey pack with Any Way You Want It,Wheel in the Sky, and Separate Ways.

Agree. Wheel in the Sky is fantastic.
    Would be cool if they did a six pack and included the delisted Don’t Stop Believing.

Separate Ways
    Wheel In the Sky
    Any Way You Want It
    Don’t Stop Believing
    Faithfully
    And Lights or Open Arms. Prefer Open Arms though.
    It would be tough for me to leave out Lights, but oh my, which song would it replace?? Really hard to choose. Since we're never getting any of these anyway, just make it a 7 pack! :p
  • Oh, man. Don't get me started on Journey. Tons of hits, but tons of deep cuts, too. Winds of March, Edge of the Blade, Escape, Never Walk Away, Suzanne, Mother, Father, Someday Soon, One More, Just the Same Way, Somethin' to Hide...I could go for days. For a hits six-pack, I think I'd go with these:

Separate Ways
    Only the Young
    Stone in Love
    Be Good to Yourself
    Wheel in the Sky
    Faithfully
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 12
    I got a new idea about the VR songs. It could be that for the rest of this year we receive most or all of the rewinds, Maps and Birds. Then January-March 2018 clears up the missing songs in a similar way to April-August 2017 (the month mostly being VR songs).
  • Any Way You Want It
    Separate Ways
    Stone In Love

That's the Journey pack I want - give me their rockers, not their (also admittedly great) slower songs.. I have no chance of matching the vocals on the ballads, so I might as well have a blast on the other instruments!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 12
    My perfect 3-pack is:

Any Way You Want It
    Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
    Wheel in the Sky

My perfect 6-pack is:

Lights
    Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
    Who's Crying Now

My perfect 9-pack is:

Faithfully
    Only the Young
    Stone in Love

My perfect 12-pack is:

Ask the Lonely
    Don't Stop Believin'
    Open Arms
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Seeing a lot of Don't Stop Believin'.

Have they ever brought back a song that was previously delisted?
  • @djb5f1 DLC song, no but we had this debate last year about delisted export songs and look what happened. RHCP is especially an awkward situation, given most of their biggest hits are songs that got delisted.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    djb5f1 said:

I thought this happened with Eric Cartman's Poker Face but I could be mistaken.

When I heard the news of Tom Petty I went to go play "The Waiting" and realized I never bought it and it's been delisted, so I'll add that to my list of RB regrets with Fleetwood Mac, SOAD and Scars on Broadway, but if any band would warrant a relicense it'd be Journey.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Would love to add delisted Metallica, RHCP, Fleetwood Mac, Styx, Tom Petty, and System of a Down songs but think we are forever out of luck there. Already have Don't Stop Belivin fortunately.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited October 12
    GLaDOS said:

djb5f1 said:

I thought this happened with Eric Cartman's Poker Face but I could be mistaken.

I don't think it ever actually got delisted. It was announced as pending delist but then... never did. Whether that meant that the announcement was in error, the implementation was in error, or something changed between the announcement and implementation ... is unclear.

Maybe they didn't trust that the first parties would avoid screwing things up by delisting Gaga's version instead that they figured it was safer to deal with Matt+Trey's lawyers for giving them too much money rather than Gaga's lawyers for not giving her enough.

• Back to the topic of quantity, next week could be a larger week judging by the past. 2012 is the only year so far that had less than 6 songs for the 3rd week of October.
    - 2008: Nirvana 01 (7 songs)
    - 2009: Queen 01 (10 songs)
    - 2010: Stone Temple Pilots 01 (6 songs) + Jimmy Eat World 02 (3 songs)
    - 2011: Coldplay Collection 01 (6 songs)
    - 2012: Sheryl Crow (1 song) + Save Ferris (1 song) + Three Days Grace (1 song)
    - 2015: Aerosmith Hits 02 (6 songs)
    - 2016: Rivals Launch Pack (10 songs)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    There's no way for me to know if HMX has something big up their sleeves. But I think you'll soon be able to make that 2012 and 2017.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

2012 is the only year so far that had less than 6 songs for the 3rd week of October.

• JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    Anything and everything by Audioslave would be great with me.

The only Journey song I really want is Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin', but I'd still probably buy a few of the others.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    JLynn943 said:

Anything and everything by Audioslave would be great with me.

Cochise
    Show Me How to Live
    Like A Highway
    Be Yourself
    Revelations
    Shadow on the Sun
    What You Are
    Set It Off
    Getaway Car
    Wide Awake

All of these for starters would be nice. ;)