October 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Scary Monsters and Nice FCs

Comments

• HMXOwl said:

Do we usually get Halloween-ish themed DLC in late October every year?
    Anyone know the history on that?

Rob/White Zombie is the closest, but still not true Halloween type stuff. The rest at best have been word play.
    They've ALL been word-play, ZOMBIE. Anyway, no Halloween this year unless you're scared of fruit.
    Fruit can be scary, remember "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"? :p
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 26
    Maybe it's more Cranberries, that 3 pack in March 2016 was one of the most well received DLC releases of the RB4 era so far.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited September 26
    Fruit...
    Pop hits...
    Fun at parties....

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

NAH :p
  • HMXOwl said:

Rob/White Zombie is the closest, but still not true Halloween type stuff. The rest at best have been word play.
    They've ALL been word-play, ZOMBIE. Anyway, no Halloween this year unless you're scared of fruit.
    That was a dark day in this planet's history. So... much... red...

#WeWillNeverForget
  • @WoodenGlory You gave me an idea, Bananarama's Venus.

Hey, I was thinking of the obvious but the Dance Central connection works with either.

HMX-branded razors for everybody!
  • HMXOwl said:

Rob/White Zombie touches on Halloween type stuff in some of the songs, particularly Living Dead Girl and Dragula.

So while yes that is also word play, the songs sound more appropriate/ have appropriate subject matter for Halloween, unlike Wolfmother, The Darkness, etc.
  • [Pending]

HMXOwl said:

Speaking of Scary Fruit... Does anyone remembers that one food storage bag commercial with the scary-looking rotted Fruit and Vegetables? (Can't remember if it was for Glads Storage Bag or Ziploc)
  • As for the clue, if not Wild Cherry then I say either a truly scary thing (a Coldplay non hits pack with Strawberry Swing), or Banana Boat (Day-O) by Harry Belafonte, which being on Beetlejuice seems appropriate for Halloween.
  • No Halloween? Booo.

"Giving Thanks to Canada" week
    Takin' Care of Business by BTO
    Steal My Sunshine by Len

"Global Warming Awareness" week
    Beds Are Burning by Midnight Oil
    I'm on Fire by Bruce Springsteen
    All proceeds go towards (insert "save the earth" charity here)
    It becomes the best selling Rock Band DLC after Donald Trump tweets that this is fake news and people that stopped caring about music games in 2012/2013 are like "Whoa! There's a Rock Band 4 now?! I didn't know that".

"Stuff I don't care about but am predicting based off of trends" week
    Some song from RBVR
    Week Without You by Miley Cyrus

"You're getting fruit instead of candy 'cause HMX is that lame house that does that when you go trick 'r treating and it's not even a candy apple 'cause that'd be cool, it's an actual apple that you already have a bag full of at home, one of those small reddish/greenish ones too that aren't very good 'cause they're kinda sour instead of those really nice darkish red ones that are at least good but would still kinda suck to get for Halloween" week
    Criminal by Fiona Apple
    Orange Crush by R.E.M. (Rewind)
  • Candy apples ARE cool, aren't they?
  • RHCP could count for the fruit hint, licensing has been all over the place for that band so if they were to return I'm not sure what would be picked. A rewind (Dani California)? A delisted DLC song (e.g. Under the Bridge)? A missing classic for everyone (e.g. Can't Stop)? A song from the latest album (e.g. Dark Necessities)?

The fact Give It Away was RBVR DLC means it's not necessarily over for RHCP coming to the main RB platform.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited September 26
    Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense & Peppermints
    Moby Grape - Omaha
    Chuck Berry - Johnnie B. Goode
    Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry
    Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes
  • 1910 Fruitgum Company 01 pack with the following songs...
    - 1, 2, 3, Red Light
    - Indian Giver
    - Simon Says
  • The Wiggles

But... but that's my joke...

;)
  • In light of this new information I shall predict: Candyman by Christina Aguidontknowhowtospellherlastname instead of the previously randomly picked off a music chart Miley Cyrus song.
  • No Halloween? Booo.

"Giving Thanks to Canada" week
    Takin' Care of Business by BTO
    Steal My Sunshine by Len

"Global Warming Awareness" week
    Beds Are Burning by Midnight Oil
    I'm on Fire by Bruce Springsteen
    All proceeds go towards (insert "save the earth" charity here)
    It becomes the best selling Rock Band DLC after Donald Trump tweets that this is fake news and people that stopped caring about music games in 2012/2013 are like "Whoa! There's a Rock Band 4 now?! I didn't know that".

"Stuff I don't care about but am predicting based off of trends" week
    Some song from RBVR
    Week Without You by Miley Cyrus

"You're getting fruit instead of candy 'cause HMX is that lame house that does that when you go trick 'r treating and it's not even a candy apple 'cause that'd be cool, it's an actual apple that you already have a bag full of at home, one of those small reddish/greenish ones too that aren't very good 'cause they're kinda sour instead of those really nice darkish red ones that are at least good but would still kinda suck to get for Halloween" week
    Criminal by Fiona Apple
    Orange Crush by R.E.M. (Rewind)

Since they can not prove that the earth is raising in temp, they have now changed it to "climate change". Because you know it's sunny one day, then cloudy the next day, then rain after that. This climate change is out of control man ;)
  • Ok so I'm going to build a larger DLC prediction and include fruit in the final week to satisfy the hint:

10/5 - 10s
    Against the Current - "Running With the Wild Things"
    Paramore - "Hard Times" (spotlight pass)

10/12 - 00s
    The Fratellis - "Chelsea Dagger" (spotlight pass)
    Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle" (rewind)

10/19 - Post-Season 2 Break Pt. 1 (Rivals 1st anniversary week)
    The Starting Line - "Quitter"
    Twin Atlantic - "I Am Alive"
    AudioDamn! - "Lights Out"
    Band of Horses - "Casual Party"

10/26 - Post-Season 2 Break Pt. 2
    Thrice - "Deadbolt"
    Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music"
    Garbage - "Only Happy When It Rains"
  • Maybe it's Blind Melon! Tomes of Home... or anything else off their first album. Mmm.

Tones Of Home is a seriously underrated tune.
    I'd love that in RB.

Cruel Summer, please..

• Maybe it's Blind Melon! Tomes of Home... or anything else off their first album. Mmm.

Tones Of Home is a seriously underrated tune.
    I'd love that in RB.
    The whole section of that part of the career mode in WoR was fantastic. Still hoping that someday HMX breaks the seal on the final Foo Fighters song in a non-RB music game (No Way Back).
  • Graduate B)

Yeah boi
  • Fascination Street would've been perfect for the bass challenge.
  • Fascination Street would've been perfect for the bass challenge.

There's still time for a Cure pack!

That, The Love Cats, Boys Don't Cry. Boom. (I know there's more, but three-packs are the max to expect).
  • Since everyone's talking about Halloween-themed songs... why not stuff by Helloween?

I'd die happy if we got the full 13-minute version of "Halloween", a metal classic in every sense of the word. I'd also pay good money for "I Want Out", "Future World", "Sole Survivor", and "Time".
  • coolkat said:

Since everyone's talking about Halloween-themed songs... why not stuff by Helloween?

I'd die happy if we got the full 13-minute version of "Halloween", a metal classic in every sense of the word. I'd also pay good money for "I Want Out", "Future World", "Sole Survivor", and "Time".

Eagle Fly Free, Starlight, Ride the Sky
  • Wildcat15 said:

coolkat said:

Since everyone's talking about Halloween-themed songs... why not stuff by Helloween?

March of Time, I Want Out, Future World.

Speaking of Future World, I'd like the Pretty Maids song as well.
  • edited September 27

Wildcat15 said:

coolkat said:

March of Time, I Want Out, Future World.

Speaking of Future World, I'd like the Pretty Maids song as well.
    Holy smokes, I never thought I'd hear another person mention Pretty Maids on these forums. I'd buy Future World and Rodeo in a heartbeat.
This discussion has been closed.