October 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Scary Monsters and Nice FCs

Comments

• Maybe it's Blind Melon! Tomes of Home... or anything else off their first album. Mmm.

Tones Of Home is a seriously underrated tune.
    I'd love that in RB.
    I think Soup is a fantastic album. I'd love to have St. Andrew's Fall, Toes Across the Floor or Walk.
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    did somebody say froot? Marina & the Diamonds third studio album? Which reminds me of Lana Del Rey so I’m guessing Lana for October.
  • Man.. all this Cure talk on the prior page made me wish we had so much more by them. :'(
  • There's a couple of songs from past Guitar Hero games, that we don't have yet, that I would like to see. Hear's a top 10 list of what I want...

01. Queensrÿche - Jet City Woman (Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock)
    02. Elbow - Grounds For Divorce (Guitar Hero Live)
    03. Eagles - Hotel California (Guitar Hero World Tour)
    04. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (Guitar Hero V)
    05. Steely Dan - Do It Again (Guitar Hero World Tour)
    06. Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm (Guitar Hero V)
    07. Priestess - Lay Down (Guitar Hero III)
    08. The Gaslight Anthem - 45 (Guitar Hero Live)
    09. Royal Blood - Little Monster (Guitar Hero Live)
    10. Deep Purple - Burn (Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock)

=Ten Honorable mentions=
    - The Duke Spirit - Send a Little Love Token (Guitar Hero V)
    - Kent - Vinternoil2 (Probably a stretch, but it's such a cool Swedish song that is sung in it's native Swedish Language) (Guitar Hero World Tour)
    - Linkin Park - Wastelands (Guitar Hero Live)
    - Rise Against - Tradegy + Time (Guitar Hero Live)
    - Rival Sons - Keep On Swinging (Guitar Hero Live)
    - Skid Row - 18 and Life (Unlikely, due to lost masters) (Guitar Hero Encore: Rock The 80's)
    - Social Distortion - Mommy's Little Monster (Guitar Hero Metallica)
    - The Sword - Freya (Guitar Hero II)
    - Wolfmother - Back Round (Guitar Hero V)
    - You Me at Six - Lived a Lie (Guitar Hero Live)
  • I'd love to see 18 and Life (as stated it's about as likely as getting Led Zeppelin), Sultans of Swing (really want this one), Mommy's Little Monster, Turn the Page.. there's so many I could list and most seem unlikely :(
  • Jet City Woman would be great to have, but Guitar Hero Live has Eyes of a Stranger. I'd MUCH rather have that.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 27
    @Dangimarocker Didn't a lot of us think that way regarding songs like Burnin' For You though. I'd say outside the obvious stuff like Muse, Metallica, etc. the least likely GH stuff to appear in RB is probably the modern rock in Live/TV. RB getting a lot of modern rock this year feels like a side product of RBVR rather than something that would've happened even if RBVR didn't exist.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited September 27
    80's Week (featuring a fruity song, and a spooky song!) (10/31)

Mtume - Juicy Fruit
    Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters (L:RB Rewind)

Dropmix singles (continuing the run of songs featured on Dropmix) (10/3)

Flo Rida - I Don't Like It, I Love It
    TLC - No Scrubs

School of Rock (10/17)

Feeder - Buck Rogers
    Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom

"One classic song" week (10/24)

Deep Purple - Burn

RBVR week: (10/10)
    Band of Horses - Casual Party
    Maroon 5 - Maps
  • edited September 27
    V8VANTAGE said:

Mtume - Juicy Fruit

TLC - No Scrubs

School of Rock (10/17)

Feeder - Buck Rogers

Deep Purple - Burn

Maroon 5 - Maps

That prediction has a 100% chance of not happening, for the obvious reasons.

1. @HMXOwl already confirmed that there will be no Halloween songs. (So, that means, no Ghostbusters Rewind)
    2. Juicy Fruit seems way too obscure to be chosen for the Fruit-themed DLC Song. Wild Cherry and/or Peaches would make more sense in context.
    3. I highly doubt we're going to get DLC on Halloween. (Most likely getting a DLC reveal on the day before Halloween), 4 weeks of DLC is the most logical.
    4. I don't think there will be a One-Song Week on October, but we'll see.
    5. All DLC are released on Thursday, not Tuesday. (I guess you forgot that fact).

But still a okay guess, I suppose. ;)

EDIT: Added Reason 5.
  • @V8VANTAGE DLC releases on Thursdays, not Tuesdays so there's 4 weeks not 5.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

HMXOwl said:

no Halloween this year unless you're scared of fruit.

Well, that's a real bomb of a clue.

Wild Cherry?

Peaches?
    I wouldn't mind either of those. Wild Cherry was fun in Guitar Hero.

Other possibilities off the top of my head could be The Cranberries, Apples in Stereo, Agent Orange (Bloodstains could be Halloween-ish), "Raspberry Beret" by Prince, maybe the original "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    The theme from the Halloween movie would be so epic, no vocals but still....

GH3 has so many great tracks (Lay Down mentioned above) that I would love to get. Sultans of Swing (and Money for Nothing) seem like possible candidates since we have Walk of Life.

More Arctic Monkeys please.
  • The Cure and Siouxsie are both classic goth music, so it fits in for Halloween, but also not quite... as goths are haunted all year round.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    djb5f1 said:

The theme from the Halloween movie would be so epic, no vocals but still....

If we're going to unrealistic-get instrumental classic horror themes, howzabout Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells" (best known as the music from The Exorcist)?
  • Alice Cooper - He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask).
  • Jet City Woman would be great to have, but Guitar Hero Live has Eyes of a Stranger. I'd MUCH rather have that.

I'd much rather have "Operation: Mindcrime" as full album DLC, but in the era of two-songs-a-week, it's only a fantasy.
  • Wildcat15 said:

coolkat said:

Since everyone's talking about Halloween-themed songs... why not stuff by Helloween?

I'd die happy if we got the full 13-minute version of "Halloween", a metal classic in every sense of the word. I'd also pay good money for "I Want Out", "Future World", "Sole Survivor", and "Time".

Eagle Fly Free, Starlight, Ride the Sky
    March of Time, I Want Out, Future World.

Speaking of Future World, I'd like the Pretty Maids song as well.
    I Want Out, Keeper Of The Seven Keys, Dr. Stein

And yes, Pretty Maids. Back To Back, Future World, and something more recent
  • Both (plus a whole bunch more - Rage For Order stuff, anyone?) would be amazing. Given a fictitious choice between the two, though, I'd go with Eyes of a Stranger, without question.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior

@V8VANTAGE DLC releases on Thursdays, not Tuesdays so there's 4 weeks not 5.

D'oh!!

Yeah completely forgot DLC releases on Thursday, so out goes my 5 week list! I still stand by my RBVR selection though. And oops, forgot that Owl said there's no halloween themed DLC this year. Bit of a missed opportunity in my opinion although I do understand that "themed songs" only sell well for a brief period each year before going flat again.
  • Halloween themed DLC works all year round especially with vague connections, like Rocksmith once had The Killers be Halloween DLC. It's Christmas DLC that has the brief period issue.
  • V8VANTAGE said:

Mtume - Juicy Fruit

TLC - No Scrubs

School of Rock (10/17)

Feeder - Buck Rogers

Deep Purple - Burn

Maroon 5 - Maps

That prediction has a 100% chance of not happening, for the obvious reasons.

1. @HMXOwl already confirmed that there will be no Halloween songs. (So, that means, no Ghostbusters Rewind)
    Burn would also be Halloween themed since it's about a witch.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    So. No Radiohead - Burn the Witch then?
  • Or Queens of the Stone Age? ;)
  • Doro / Warlock - Burning The Witches
  • King Diamond - Halloween.
  • Wait, the Owl mentioned candy apples...

Candy Apple Grey (Hüsker Dü) full album DLC confirmed for October! :D

On a serious note, I do wish we had Ghostbusters as a Rewind, but I'm all for the above-mentioned fruit-related rewind of Orange Crush. Such an awesome song!
  • Fingers crossed for Meloncamp (I know that's not really how it's spelled.)
  • Fingers crossed for Mellencamp

FTFY ;)
This discussion has been closed.