October 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Scary Monsters and Nice FCs

Comments

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    it's a cover but You Really Got Me would be great. Actually, let's just get the Kinks while we are at it!
  • djb5f1 said:

it's a cover but You Really Got Me would be great. Actually, let's just get the Kinks while we are at it!

Berkeley Mews and Sunny Afternoon would be pretty awesome.
  • My favourite 6 pack of Van Halen would be:
    Mean Street
    Little Guitars
    You Really Got Me (like it much more than the Kinks original)
    I'm the One
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Jump (we got Panama and Hot For Teacher, may as well 100% GH's 1984 representation)
    Mean Street
    Little Guitars
    I'm the One
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Jump (we got Panama and Hot For Teacher, may as well 100% GH's 1984 representation)

Would buy that instantly.
  • A Halloween-ish (while not necesarily being overtly Halloween focused) pack that I'd love to see is some...
    Type O Negative! (Which RB is severely lacking in)
    • Black No.1
    • Christian Woman
    • All Hallow's Eve
    • Everyone I Love is Dead
    • I Don't Wanna Be Me
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • Everything Dies
    (And soooo many, many more. . . could go on way too long)

All their music just sounds and feels like the Halloween time of the year!

Please HMX... please fix this horrible lack of oversight and give us some TON! :bawling:
    Mean Street
    Little Guitars
    I'm the One
    Everybody Wants Some!!

I love everything in this, but for me it would be:
    Beautiful Girls
    Ice Cream Man
    You Really Got Me
    I'm the One
    Janie's Cryin'
    Jump

• @Raymono100 Well just like the discussions back in 2015, it's impossible to create a perfect pack for Aerosmith, Van Halen and U2. We just end up hoping that other packs come along later to fill in the gaps.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited September 29
    For the majority of people (meaning not us for the most part) VH really needs Jump, Jamie's Cryin', and You Really Got Me to close out the big ones from the Roth era.

If we only ever get a 3 pack from them that's what I would expect (unless they can't get the cover).

And if we only get 3 packs from the others:

U2 would likely be New Year's Day, Mysterious Ways, and With or Without You/Beautiful Day (whichever has more playability).

Aerosmith would probably be 3 of these 4: Same Old Song and Dance, Last Child, What it Takes, and/or The Other Side.

That's also assuming no new song promotion from them.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    What about some Van Hagar? I wouldn't be opposed to Right Now, When It's Love, etc but prefer the three that @bonethug0108 mentioned.

And yes, Mysterious Ways please! I might add I Still Haven't Found What I am Looking For.

• edited September 29

My favourite 6 pack of Van Halen would be:
    Mean Street
    Little Guitars
    I'm the One
    Everybody Wants Some!!

I love everything in this, but for me it would be:
    Beautiful Girls
    Ice Cream Man
    You Really Got Me
    I'm the One
    Janie's Cryin'
    Jump

I thought Janie had a gun. Is that why she's crying?
  • For some reason, I was just thinking about Folk Implosion's song "Natural One."

Great bassline. Very atmospheric. Not incredibly challenging, but still a 90's song I think a lot of US folk would remember.
  • For the majority of people (meaning not us for the most part) VH really needs Jump, Jamie's Cryin', and You Really Got Me to close out the big ones from the Roth era.

If we only ever get a 3 pack from them that's what I would expect (unless they can't get the cover).

And if we only get 3 packs from the others:

U2 would likely be New Year's Day, Mysterious Ways, and With or Without You/Beautiful Day (whichever has more playability).

Aerosmith would probably be 3 of these 4: Same Old Song and Dance, Last Child, What it Takes, and/or The Other Side.

That's also assuming no new song promotion from them.

I never really loved any version of You Really Got Me - it's just not for me.. So my hope is that we'd get just about any VH originals instead.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    djb5f1 said:

What about some Van Hagar? I wouldn't be opposed to Right Now, When It's Love, etc but prefer the three that @bonethug0108 mentioned.

So much this.

I think of the ~8 VH songs I want most that we don't have yet, 6 are with Hagar rather than Roth.
  • Total pipe dream, but I'd love to have some deeper Hagar cuts like Amsterdam, 5150 and Cabo Wabo.
    Always one more, Jonathan. You're never satisfied. It's never all for one. It's only "One for me".
  • Your guys' comments right now are more scary than that one movie that just came out...

what was the name of that again?....

Oh yeah!

Baywatch
  • djb5f1 said:

And yes, Mysterious Ways please! I might add I Still Haven't Found What I am Looking For.

Forgot we don't have Still Haven't Found. Likely that over the other two then.
  • djb5f1 said:

So much this.

I think of the ~8 VH songs I want most that we don't have yet, 6 are with Hagar rather than Roth.
    The bigger problem with getting Van Hagar is catching them not fighting and willing to license/advertise that era.
  • Always one more, Jonathan. You're never satisfied. It's never all for one. It's only "One for me".

Or three more.
  • Right Now would be cool too. Glad someone brought that up. Kind of forgot that was on my Halen wishlist.
  • It was exciting to think, back in the early days of RB4, that we might be getting 6-packs of songs from legendary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame artists on a semi-regular basis [= more than once a year]. Maybe a long-term relationship had been forged with U2 and Aerosmith and Van Halen [just look at the original cover design for RB4, and the freestyle guitar tapping].

The past 18 months or so of DLC suggest that's not going to be the pattern at all, those big packs from legends look now more like an early aggressive push to sell the title.

[oh, and that VH-like artwork is no longer there in the most recent version of the game]

But it's not like we aren't still getting A+ DLC from time to time. So a song or 3 from any of those three artists (or equally legendary ones) doesn't strike me as impossible, not at all. Another jumbo pack? I see no reason to think of such a thing as being inevitable, or even likely.

Good lists, though.
  • another jumbo pack? I see no reason to think of such a thing as being inevitable, or even likely.

It was only a couple months before the end of DLC back in 2013 when we received a six pack of Aerosmith.

I'm not going to say it's inevitable either, but large batches of DLC are possible at anytime so long as the timing is right.
  • Rocksmith is getting Four Tops this October.

I hope Harmonix does the same too, because I would like to play some of their songs on Rock Band 4 if we ever got them. This would be my ideal pack from this band.

Four Tops 01
    - Ain't No Woman (Like the One I've Got)
    - I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)
    - Reach Out I'll Be There
  • edited October 1

This challenge was very good timing with the incoming 2nd anniversary of RB4 next week, "Start A Band. Rock the World." indeed!

A RB4 Artist that we don't have a second song from as DLC confirmed for the Season 2 Spotlight Pass?

If so, I hope it's Elvis, because I want more of The King of Rock'n Roll in Rock Band. :)
    Lots of great choices there... Van Morrison, The Protomen, and Brandi Carlile all have some great candidates.
  • For a U2 pack with the same structure as the first (6 pre-10s + 2 from latest album) I'd pick these for the pre-10s:
    New Year's Day
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    With or Without You
    Mysterious Ways
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation

I'd be all over that. The only thing that'd make me happier would be swapping out Elevation for Until the End of the World.
  • Lots of great choices there... Van Morrison, The Protomen, and Brandi Carlile all have some great candidates.

I'm under no illusions that it's likely, but there are some really great songs by Lucius I'd be thrilled to see.
  • Lots of great choices there... Van Morrison, The Protomen, and Brandi Carlile all have some great candidates.

The Story would be really, really great.

I don't know much of anything about The Protomen, but Light Up the Night is magnificent.