October 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Scary Monsters and Nice FCs

Comments

• razor63razor63 Unsigned
    As far as U2 and Van Halen go, the only songs I specifically care about are "With or Without You", "Beautiful Day", and "Jump" respectively. I'm sure everyone else has their preferences, but these are the only ones I would really want.
  • Maybe we’ll get the new U2 album as rival free songs lol

And they will be included on the update, you want them or not!
  • This challenge was very good timing with the incoming 2nd anniversary of RB4 next week, "Start A Band. Rock the World." indeed!

A RB4 Artist that we don't have a second song from as DLC confirmed for the Season 2 Spotlight Pass?

If so, I hope it's Elvis, because I want more of The King of Rock'n Roll in Rock Band. :)

Lots of great choices there... Van Morrison, The Protomen, and Brandi Carlile all have some great candidates.

No offense to most of the other bands on RB4, but The King is a lot bigger than most of them.

That said they have to have something more than just a CD rip to work from and I'm not expecting anything else really usable from Elvis, very sadly.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited October 1

For a U2 pack with the same structure as the first (6 pre-10s + 2 from latest album) I'd pick these for the pre-10s:
    New Year's Day
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    With or Without You
    Mysterious Ways
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation

The first 5 are there biggest songs remaining. I think the only other really on that level iirc would be Discotheque, which is something else.
  • The odd situation about Elvis is even RS only got Suspicious Minds.
  • For a U2 pack with the same structure as the first (6 pre-10s + 2 from latest album) I'd pick these for the pre-10s:
    New Year's Day
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    With or Without You
    Mysterious Ways
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation

Add in "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" and I would love that pack
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...

This challenge was very good timing with the incoming 2nd anniversary of RB4 next week, "Start A Band. Rock the World." indeed!

A RB4 Artist that we don't have a second song from as DLC confirmed for the Season 2 Spotlight Pass?

If so, I hope it's Elvis, because I want more of The King of Rock'n Roll in Rock Band. :)
    What? I don't get the correlation between what grumble said and what you imply it means... unless I'm missing something else.

In any event, if true, I hope the repeat artist is "The Both", and instead we get 'Til Tuesday - "Voices Carry".
  • BachiG said:

This challenge was very good timing with the incoming 2nd anniversary of RB4 next week, "Start A Band. Rock the World." indeed!

What? I don't get the correlation between what grumble said and what you imply it means... unless I'm missing something else.

In any event, if true, I hope the repeat artist is "The Both", and instead we get 'Til Tuesday - "Voices Carry".
    I was making one of those (Insert Band or Song name) Confirmed jokes. I wasn't actually being serious... :p

But in seriousness, I am kinda in agreement with @bonethug0108 that we may not get more songs from Elvis Presley's discography, unless Harmonix proves otherwise (Which seems pretty unlikely).
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited October 2
    Talking about big artist packs, just like old times on these forums! Would be awesome to see an occasional larger release of DLC from time to time. But if we're talking U2 I'd be grateful if we just got "Beautiful Day" nowadays. To be honest, I'm thinking that it'd probably be one of the most fun songs from a gameplay perspective from U2 that's not yet available in Rock Band. Whilst also being among the most popular songs as well. "Vertigo" is still among my favourite RB4 DLC tracks.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2
    I think October will show us how much no new expansion will affect the DLC quantity if at all. In both RB4 era years so far, we've seen something more than just normal DLC in October followed by a general DLC increase for the rest of the year.
  • edited October 5
    Ahh Halloween, my time has come. (note - season 2 ends on week two so no spotlight pass song for weeks 3 and 4)

10/5: Grunge week

Them Bones - Alice in Chains (spotlight pass)
    Man in the Box - Alice in Chains (rewind)
    Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters (rewind)

10/12: Pop week

Uma Thurman - Fall Out Boy (spotlight pass)
    Girls Talk Boys - 5 Seconds of Summer (from Ghostbusters 2016)
    Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr (rewind)

10/19: Goth Week aka Halloween part 1

Bela Legosi's Dead - Bauhaus
    Halloween - Siouxsie and the Banshees
    Wrong Number - The Cure
    Grimly Fiendish - The Damned

10/26 - Halloween Classics

I Put a Spell on You - Screamin' Jay Hawkins
    The Monster Mash - Bobby "Boris" Pickett
    This is Halloween - Panic! at the Disco cover
    Boris the Spider - The Who
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    If it is a repeat artist from RB4, it's got to be Rock You Like a Hurricane from the Scorpions. It just has to be! :)
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

I think October will show us how much no new expansion will affect the DLC quantity if at all. In both RB4 era years so far, we've seen something more than just normal DLC in October followed by a general DLC increase for the rest of the year.

Yeah, I don't expect it but would be pleasantly surprised. Two years doesn't make a trend. I think the most recent months (i.e. 2017 DLC output) gives the best indication as I don't think seasonality plays much of a role. Hope I am wrong.

• kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited October 2
    My guess is it's one of these (songs I want in parentheses):

Elvis (A Little Less Conversation - Junkie XL version)
    Scorpions (Rock You Like a Hurricane)
    Van Morrison (Tupelo Honey)

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2
    @djb5f1 DLC quantity overall for this year so far has been very similar to last year (I did a comparison in the DLC thread, quoted below) so I think it is down to whether Rivals or the holiday season was the reason DLC increased last year. It only feels less compared to last year because a lot of us got the exports years ago and so we already had the rewinds.

Last year by this point we had 87 new songs, this year we've ended up with 75 new songs and 16 rewinds in the same timespan.

So 4 released dlc songs ahead of last year?
    Combining new and rewinds, yes. As for the rest of the year (October, November, December), 2016 had 59 new songs and 1 rewind.

On a month basis considering new and rewind:
    January - 2016 (6 new), 2017 (10 new, 3 rewind) -> +7
    February - 2016 (16 new), 2017 (5 new, 4 rewind) -> -7
    March - 2016 (13 new), 2017 (19 new, 2 rewind) -> +8
    April - 2016 (9 new), 2017 (5 new, 3 rewind) -> -1
    May - 2016 (8 new), 2017 (6 new) -> -2
    June - 2016 (8 new), 2017 (7 new, 1 rewind) -> +0
    July - 2016 (8 new), 2017 (6 new, 2 rewind) -> +0
    August - 2016 (10 new), 2017 (10 new) -> +0
    September - 2016 (9 new), 2017 (7 new, 1 rewind) -> -1
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    @grumblevolcano , yeah, I don't think the rewinds should fully count as they were already charted and previously negotiated (at least a head start there).

Thinking Rivals expansion is more of a driver than it being Q4. Will find out soon enough!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited October 2

Cake (The Distance)

Fritz's (seemingly joke, I had thought it might be based on something teased in facebook / twitter / reddit / livestream but apparently not) 'confirmed' hint was 'A RB4 Artist that we don't have a second song from as DLC'.

Following those parameters, Cake does not qualify (as we got Cake's cover of "I Will Survive" as DLC).
  • I'm going to vote it's the Rock You Like A Hurricane re-record from the same CD as the No One Like You recording.
  • I'm still with my Paramore and Against the Current prediction for this week, it's about time we got our 2nd 2017 song.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

Cake (The Distance)

Fritz's (seemingly joke, I had thought it might be based on something teased in facebook / twitter / reddit / livestream but apparently not) 'confirmed' hint was 'A RB4 Artist that we don't have a second song from as DLC'.

Following those parameters, Cake does not qualify (as we got Cake's cover of "I Will Survive" as DLC).
    Oh ****! I can't believe I forgot about that. :/

Corrected.
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    edited October 2
    If we're getting a RB4 artist that we have no DLC for, while Elvis would be great and Scorpions would be cool, I really really really want Lucius. Ideally "You Were On My Mind," but I'd take anything. I had never heard of them before RB4, but now I love them.

And for a fruit theme, let's go Garbage - Cherry Lips
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    Witticus said:

I’m holding out for Grouplove personally. Colours would be a great addition to Rock Band.

However, I’m not opposed to any Elvis, Scorpions, Lucius, or St. Vincent.

Yeah, Grouplove is a good bet. They've had a bunch of popular songs on the US Alt charts the past few years, so there's a lot to choose from. I'd want Colours or Shark Attack.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    edited October 2
    It's Lightning Bolt doing a cover of Abnormality's "Visions."*

*Lightning Bolt's cover of "Visions" is playing "Visions" on an iPhone and smashing it repeatedly with a hammer... all the while being recorded by another iPhone.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    LeCH24 said:

*Lightning Bolt's cover of "Visions" is playing "Visions" on an iPhone and smashing it repeatedly with a hammer... all the while being recorded by another iPhone.

Most covers aren't improvements on the original, but this seems to be an exception.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    By the way, I want DLC of a supergroup collab between members of Lightning Bolt, Abnormality and Made in Mexico.

The track is the stems of the musicians' respective parts of "Dream Genie," "Visions" and "Yes We Can."

And it better be Made in Mexico's guitarist. The entire thing is held together by the "Derp derpa derpa derpa. DERP DERP" riff.
  • LeCH24 said:

Typical sound quality for black metal.

I would buy it.