October 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Scary Monsters and Nice FCs

Comments

• hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    LeCH24 said:

By the way, I want DLC of a supergroup collab between members of Lightning Bolt, Abnormality and Made in Mexico.

The track is the stems of the musicians' respective parts of "Dream Genie," "Visions" and "Yes We Can."

And it better be Made in Mexico's guitarist. The entire thing is held together by the "Derp derpa derpa derpa. DERP DERP" riff.

I would love to hear this, these are 3 of my favorite Harmonix groups
  • Well alright then. Guns 'n Roses happens to being playing in "the big apple" this month at Madison Square Garden. So I will optmistically hope for them.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Witticus said:

I’m holding out for Grouplove personally. Colours would be a great addition to Rock Band.

However, I’m not opposed to any Elvis, Scorpions, Lucius, or St. Vincent.

This man gets it
  • Heat of the Moment and Eye of the Tiger (an RB2/RBVR Rewind) to start us off.

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 3
    If we got Only Happy When It Rains on spotlight pass week 1 rather than Stupid Girl I would've predicted Dead! for next week.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited October 3

I bet we'll get at least one of the few remainders from the GH 80's setlist, hopefully one of these:

Heat of The Moment - Asia
    Lonely Is The Night - Billy Squier
    Only A Lad - Oingo Boingo
    Play With Me - Extreme
    Shakin - Eddie Money

I would like three of those. In fact, if we got Heat of the Moment, I would start every single session with that song.
    And now...you find yourself in '82

I'm not going to say that I knew...

But now I get to do this at the start of every session. ;)
  • edited October 4
    Changing my predictions. Hopefully, Harmonix will do the right thing and won't ignore a 2000 song for the last song of the Spotlight Pass.

Nevermind, Alice In Chains 3rd Pack confirmed for next week.

October 12 - Alice in Chains 03 (Weekly Challenge Theme: Brutal Mode)
    - Down In A Hole
    - Man In A Box (RB 2 Rewind)
    - Them Bones (Spotlight Season 2 Pass Song)
    Spotlight Songs: Black Seas (Arctic Horrors), Dream Genie (Lightning Bolt), Them Bones (Alice in Chains)

October 19 - Rock Band VR Picks
    - Against The Current - Running With The Wild Things
    - AudioDamn! - Lights Out
    - Band of Horses - Casual Party
    - The Starting Line - Quitter
    - Twin Atlantic - I Am Alive

October 26 - Mixed Singles (Theme: Fruity-licious)
    - Bananarama - Venus
    - The Presidents of the United States - Peaches
    - Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music

EDIT: Changed my predictions, once again.
  • Thanks to the recent press release, all signs point to next week (October 12th) as the release of Alice in Chains 03.

With Man in the Box (RB2 Rewind). we also see the excellent Down in a Hole along with the GH2 classic and most-likely final Spotlight Pass selection...
    Them. Bones.

C'mon Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots 3-packs!
  • If we got Only Happy When It Rains on spotlight pass week 1 rather than Stupid Girl I would've predicted Dead! for next week.

I guessed the right game (GH2). HMX announced next week's DLC is:
    Them Bones
    Man in a Box (rewind)
    Down in a Hole

Which means 2 things:
    1. Confirmation of VR packs (VR song + other songs)
    2. Return of more than 2 songs a week
  • If we got Only Happy When It Rains on spotlight pass week 1 rather than Stupid Girl I would've predicted Dead! for next week.

I guessed the right game (GH2). HMX announced next week's DLC is:
    Them Bones
    Man in a Box (rewind)
    Down in a Hole

Which means 2 things:
    1. Confirmation of VR packs (VR song + other songs)
    2. Return of more than 2 songs a week
    Stone Temple Pilots 02?

Down (new song, though previously in GH:OT-Decades)
    Lady Picture Show (new song)
    Plush (RB3 Rewind/RBVR Rewind)
    edited October 3
    With the DLC announcement, I'm changing my predictions.

10/19 - Off the Charts 06
    The Starting Line - "Quitter"
    Twin Atlantic - "I Am Alive"
    AudioDamn! - "Lights Out"
    Band of Horses - "Casual Party"
    Against the Current - "Running With the Wild Things"

10/26 - Mixed singles
    Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music"
    Go-Go's - "We Got the Beat" (rewind)
    Incubus - "Stellar"
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    OH MY GOD IF THIS MEANS WE COULD GET A 3-PACK OF THE KILLERS

I hope this isn't a one time thing and we're gonna have some 3 song weeks for the rest of the year at least.

Coldplay, David Bowie, The Killers, Maroon 5 and Weezer would be my picks to get packs out of the remaining VR artists if we end up with any more.

• Coldplay and David Bowie make sense for 3-5 song packs personally.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 4
    Wow so happy to see a pack even though I have to buy two of the songs separate and can't save on the pack price. But trust me I'm not complaining.
    If this means I get a 5 pack of Bowie and one of the songs is a rewind (Let's Dance) them I'm fine with that. (Space Oddity could also be in it as well..since we have got RB3 rewinds)
  • @Dangimarocker If there's only 1 rewind in a David Bowie pack, it would be Suffragette City as that's in RBVR.
  • Volguy1971Volguy1971 Opening Act
    edited October 4
    @HMXOwl Did no one think of SMASHING PUMPKINS???
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Where did you get this?? I see you mention Alice in Chains in another thread too. You are getting my hopes up WAY TOO HIGH. Really want AIC, specifically Down in a Hole and Them Bones but would also be happy with more Pearl Jam (Vs album please) or Stone Temple Pilots.

Please let it be.

?

Thanks to the recent press release, all signs point to next week (October 12th) as the release of Alice in Chains 03.

With Man in the Box (RB2 Rewind). we also see the excellent Down in a Hole along with the GH2 classic and most-likely final Spotlight Pass selection...
    Them. Bones.

• @Dangimarocker If there's only 1 rewind in a David Bowie pack, it would be Suffragette City as that's in RBVR.

Oh. Could have sworn we got that by now. My mistake :D :)
  • djb5f1 said:

Where did you get this?? I see you mention Alice in Chains in another thread too. You are getting my hopes up WAY TOO HIGH. Really want AIC, specifically Down in a Hole and Them Bones but would also be happy with more Pearl Jam (Vs album please) or Stone Temple Pilots.

Please let it be.

?

Thanks to the recent press release, all signs point to next week (October 12th) as the release of Alice in Chains 03.

Them. Bones.

There was a press release sent out and RockBandAide also posted this info on their site.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

@HMXOwl Did no one think of SMASHING PUMPKINS???

Bullet with Butterfly Wings please and a helping of Disarm and 1979.
  • HMXOwl also edited the Alice in Chains pack info into the OP of the Heat of the Moment/Eye of the Tiger Discussion thread
  • djb5f1 said:

Please let it be.

?

Them. Bones.

There was a press release sent out and RockBandAide also posted this info on their site.
    It's also now part of the first post from today's announcement.
    edited October 4
    @Dangimarocker Honestly Suffragette City is the source of hope for a David Bowie pack here, the assumption that all RBVR songs will make it to RB4 combined with the Alice in Chains pack announcement.

Take The Who for example, we got Won't Get Fooled Again last month as a single so that reduces the possibility of a Who pack in the near future.
  • YES! Our first DLC Pack since that Valentines one before all DLC showed up in 2s or sometimes, 1s. :D

I'm a little disappointed that we don't have a 2000s song to represent the Season 2 Spotlight Pass, but I am super happy that we're getting Them Bones, a Alice In Chains song that has been long overdue, ever since Rock Band 2.

It's nice that we're nearly done getting all of the singles from the album, Dirt. Now all we need left is Angry Chair (Which I haven't listened to before), and that should do it. (Would love to see Deep Cuts from that album, but that would be impossible at this time).

Hear's hoping that Them Bones is the last song of the Season 2 Spotlight Pass. :)

Would love Angry Chair at some point too. Another great song off a classic album.
  • With the DLC announcement, I'm changing my predictions.

10/26 - Mixed singles
    Incubus - "Stellar"

Would be so cool to get Stellar at this point! :)
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Ok, so now I am a little paranoid that someone hacked @HMXOwl 's account and put in the Alice in Chains 3 pack. It's too good to be true. It deserves its own thread for sure.
  • ALL ABOARD...NEXT STOP, GH2 NOSTALGIA!!!...and Smash Hits, but still Them Bones returns!

Also, Down in a Hole is a GREAT second pick (though I was half-expecting them to go and throw Stone or Hollow in there. Good on ya HMX :p)

While I'll be cherry-picking that pack because I already have the RB2 export, I HOPE that this means we get a Pearl Jam 3-pack with BOTH Rearviewmirror and Yellow Ledbetter to go with Alive. Heck, if Mind Your Manners was one of the songs in there, that'd be perfectly fine.

If we are getting more PJ it needs to have Daughter. Then you can add whatever else you want (and there are a bunch more I'd love both new and old). But Daughter is that one remaining song from them like Them Bones for AiC that I NEED.
  • @djb5f1 August's DLC was announced in the exact same way as the Alice in Chains pack.
  • Thanks to the recent press release, all signs point to next week (October 12th) as the release of Alice in Chains 03.

Them. Bones.

Not that I don't love STP (I REALLY do), but outside of Sour Girl (which is one of the very few songs and perhaps only single I don't like by them) which obvious songs are we missing? They do have a cover of a Zep song but that ain't happening.

I could think of more Nirvana songs that are obviously missing if we are on the "90s grunge" train (true a couple of those are covers in Lake of Fire and Man Who Sold the World, but also Dumb and I guess Pennyroyal Tea).

PJ, meanwhile, could use at least a 6 pack, starting with Daughter, and adding in at least Better Man, Yellow Ledbetter, Last Kiss, and Dissident.

I feel like Last Kiss is ALWAYS overlooked when talking PJ songs.
  • With the DLC announcement, I'm changing my predictions.

10/26 - Mixed singles
    Incubus - "Stellar"

How are those songs OTC material? I don't think any of them came close to Top 40, which is generally what the OTC packs are for.
This discussion has been closed.