October 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Scary Monsters and Nice FCs

Comments

• @grumblevolcano Carrie Underwood makes some sense, throw Church Bells in with Something in the Water and Jesus, Take the Wheel.

I'd also be fine with Two Black Cadillacs in place of one of those.

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 4
    @WoodenGlory Yeah, it has been long enough that when Church Bells comes it'll probably not be in the same way the Microsoft error suggested.
  • Same with Grand Canyon, probably lumped in with some other modern rock/indie act.
  • @grumblevolcano Carrie Underwood makes some sense, throw Church Bells in with Something in the Water and Jesus, Take the Wheel.

I'd also be fine with Two Black Cadillacs in place of one of those.

I'm sort of shocked we never got Jesus Take The Wheel. It was literally the only Carrie song I knew for a long time. I could see Dirty Laundry in place of Something in the Water as well.
  • Well here's the complete list of remaining VR artists:
    - Coldplay
    - Maroon 5
    - Carrie Underwood
    - David Bowie
    - The Killers
    - Weezer
    - Foo Fighters
    - Pearl Jam
    - Stone Temple Pilots

- The Wind and the Wave
    - Against the Current
    - Band of Horses
    - Twin Atlantic
    - The Starting Line
    - AudioDamn!
    - Joan Jett
    - Jimmy Eat World
    - Go-Go's
    - Ramones
    - Europe

The bolded artists are the ones I think stand a chance of getting a pack.

I could see Joan Jett as well.
    They could do..

Joan Jett- Bad Reputation
    Joan Jett- Crimson and Clover
    Joan Jett- Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)

Ramones as well..
    Ramones- I Wanna Be Sedated
    Ramones- Pet Semetary (Could be replaced with several others but I'm going with my favorite)
    Ramones- Bonzo Goes To Bitburg
  • edited October 4
    I could see Jimmy Eat World getting a pack with their two latest singles "Get Right" and "Sure and Certain" going with the RBVR-Rewind "The Middle" as they have certainly gotten quite a bit of DLC love in the past.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited October 4
    derekhall said:

I could see Jimmy Eat World getting a pack with their two latest singles "Get Right" and "Sure and Certain" going with the RBVR-Rewind "The Middle" as they have certainly gotten quite a bit of DLC love in the past.

A Praise Chorus and The Authority Song say hi :p
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    An Alice in Chains song no one's mentioning is Got Me Wrong. It was in Clerks.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 4
    @Dangimarocker Those would be cool packs especially the Joan Jett one but I was thinking the popularity of the other rewind (I Love Rock 'n' Roll and Blitzkrieg Bop) compared to those may make a multiple singles approach more likely. If Foo Fighters didn't have a new album out I'd have thought the same for them.

If either (or Jimmy Eat World) did get packs, it would be as much of a surprise to me as the Rick Springfield pack in 2013.
  • it would be as much of a surprise to me as the Rick Springfield pack in 2013.

I've requested a ton of Rick Springfield songs. Hopefully we'll get at least one more (Love Somebody) at some point.
  • I've said it before, so why not say it again? I want Nutshell. Definitely love what we're getting, though.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    This is from Nothing is Safe - The Best of the Box

1. Get Born Again
    2. We Die Young
    3. Man in the Box
    4. Them Bones
    5. Iron Gland
    6. Angry Chair
    7. Down in a Hole
    8. Rooster
    9. Got Me Wrong
    10. No Excuses
    11. I Stay Away
    12. What the Hell Have I
    13. Grind
    14. Again
    15. Would?

So yes, I Stay Away, Got Me Wrong, Angry Chair, and What the Hell Have I are all still calling! ;)

• As far as deeper cuts go, God Am and Put You Down would be awesome.

With regard to singles (charted or not), Bleed the Freak and Sea of Sorrow off Facelift are still dying to be used.
  • djb5f1 said:

1. Get Born Again
    2. We Die Young
    3. Man in the Box
    4. Them Bones
    5. Iron Gland
    6. Angry Chair
    7. Down in a Hole
    8. Rooster
    9. Got Me Wrong
    10. No Excuses
    11. I Stay Away
    12. What the Hell Have I
    13. Grind
    14. Again
    15. Would?

So yes, I Stay Away, Got Me Wrong, Angry Chair, and What the Hell Have I are all still calling! ;)

Yes please to all those, plus the aforementioned Nutshell and Rain When I Die.
  • God Smack and Sickman are deep cuts I'd be pleased to see from Dirt, and Again is a song I think would be fun, but there just aren't any AiC songs left that I feel are truly vital.
  • God Smack and Sickman are deep cuts I'd be pleased to see from Dirt, and Again is a song I think would be fun, but there just aren't any AiC songs left that I feel are truly vital.

Speaking of Godsmack, would be a great band to follow up AiC.

Why did I think we already had Again? So yes, need that too! :)

Speaking of Again and since What The Hell Have I was mentioned, there's other songs I'd like from that Last Action Hero soundtrack, not the least of which is Megadeth's Angry Again.
  • If we were to get more AIC, I'd like to see Sea of Sorrow, Got Me Wrong, and I Stay Away.

There are perhaps a few others that I wouldn't mind like Bleed the Freak and Nutshell.
  • Well here's the complete list of remaining VR artists:
    - Coldplay
    - Maroon 5
    - Carrie Underwood
    - David Bowie
    - The Killers
    - Weezer
    - Foo Fighters
    - Pearl Jam
    - Stone Temple Pilots

- The Wind and the Wave
    - Against the Current
    - Band of Horses
    - Twin Atlantic
    - The Starting Line
    - AudioDamn!
    - Joan Jett
    - Jimmy Eat World
    - Go-Go's
    - Ramones
    - Europe

The bolded artists are the ones I think stand a chance of getting a pack.

Europe would make for an awesome pack of songs. I'd love to get Carrie, Cherokee, Rock the Night, Open Your Heart, and Superstitious.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited October 4
    When it comes to the rest of the RBVR artists I’d like to see some new songs like

David Bowie - Starman
    Weezer - The Good Life
    Foo Fighters - Big Me
    Pearl Jam - Corduroy
    Band of Horses - No One’s Gonna Love You (since I don’t think we’re getting RBN stuff back)
    Jimmy Eat World - A Praise Chorus
    Go-Go’s - Vacation
    Ramones - Sheena Is a Punk Rocker
    Europe - Rock the Night
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    KidSleez said:

djb5f1 said:

1. Get Born Again
    2. We Die Young
    3. Man in the Box
    4. Them Bones
    5. Iron Gland
    6. Angry Chair
    7. Down in a Hole
    8. Rooster
    9. Got Me Wrong
    10. No Excuses
    11. I Stay Away
    12. What the Hell Have I
    13. Grind
    14. Again
    15. Would?

Yes please to all those, plus the aforementioned Nutshell and Rain When I Die.
    Nutshell, Over Now, and I Stay Away would be a perfect three pack.
  • coolkat said:

Europe would make for an awesome pack of songs. I'd love to get Carrie, Cherokee, Rock the Night, Open Your Heart, and Superstitious.

There are a number of more recent songs that would be great as well.
  • I really hope that "Maps" still not showing up as DLC is due to a Maroon 5 pack coming up sometime soon.

This would be my ideal pack for them:

Maroon 5 Pack 03:

Harder to Breathe
    She Will Be Loved
    Sunday Morning
    Payphone
    Love Somebody
    Maps (RBVR)
    Animals
    Sugar

Pretty much just all of their biggest hits we don't currently have.

"Them Bones" coming next week gives me hope that "Harder to Breathe" and "She Will Be Loved" will finally make the jump from Guitar Hero exclusivity as well.
  • edited October 5
    I doubt we'll see a 8 song pack from Maroon 5, but She Will Be Loved would be a nice addition from Band Hero's Setlist.

David Bowie and Pearl Jam are more likely to get either a 8 or 6 song pack. Hear's my logical (Opposed to Ideal, songs that will most likely be in an Artist Pack, as opposed to a desired pack) packs for each of the bands listed by @grumblevolcano's post.

Coldplay Collection 02
    - Birds (RBVR Track)
    - In My Place
    - A Sky Full of Stars
    - Something Just Like This
    - Up & Up
    - Violet Hill

Maroon 5 03
    - Don't Wanna Know
    - Harder to Breath
    - Maps (RBVR Track)
    - Payphone
    - She'll Be Loved
    - Sugar

Carrie Underwood 02
    - Church Bells (RBVR Track)
    - Jesus Take The Wheel
    - Wasted

David Bowie 03
    - Ashes to Ashes
    - Lazarus
    - Let's Dance (LRB Rewind)
    - Rebel Rebel
    - Suffragette City (RB1 Rewind)
    - Where Are We Now?

The Killers 02
    - Human
    - The Man
    - When You Were Young (RB1 Rewind)

Weezer 05
    - Feels Like Summer
    - Pink Triangle
    - Say It Ain't So (RB1 Rewind)

Foo Fighters 05
    - Breakout (LRB Rewind)
    - Everlong (RB2 Rewind)
    - Learn to Fly (RB1 Rewind)
    - No Way Back
    - Run
    - The Sky is a Neighborhood (This song earns it's place in my list of favorite FF songs)

Pearl Jam Essentials 01
    - Alive (RB2 Rewind)
    - Daughter
    - Given to Fly
    - I Am Mine
    - Last Kiss
    - Life Wasted
    - Mind Your Manners
    - Spin the Black Circle

Stone Temple Pilots 02
    - Days of the Week
    - Down
    - Lady Picture Show
    - Plush (RB3 Rewind) (Already have it, as I've exported RB3)
    - Unglued
    - Vasoline (RB1 Rewind)

This isn't what I wanted from each pack, but this is what I believe would be the most logical choices for each pack.

EDIT: Forgot that Rock Band had Wicked Garden, because I missed it on the RBDB site. So, I've replaced it with Unglued. (And I thought I was on a roll, but I guess not. :p ) Also added more songs to Maroon 5, in case Harmonix decides to do a six pack with them.
  • I would love to see Shinedown's Sound of Madness, Kiss' Love Gun and Judas by Fozzy get into the game as well.

Wow - this x100.
    Perfect list.
    I'm dying for all of these - bravo.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

- Wicked Garden

Already have it. Now go download it. ;)
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 5
    Since packs haven't been confirmed to be a continued thing.. I say at most we will see "maybe" once a month. Not a weekly thing.

*Edit: Lol i'm so dumb. I read some of the above post as this month's predictions. Sorry i'm tired. :X*
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act

Since packs haven't been confirmed to be a continued thing.. I say at most we will see "maybe" once a month. Not a weekly thing.

*Edit: Lol i'm so dumb. I read some of the above post as this month's predictions. Sorry i'm tired. :X*

Realism is absolutely no fun.

Week 3 - The Killers Pack 02
    "The Man"
    "Run For Cover"
    "When You Were Young" (rewind)

Week 4 - Coldplay Pack 02
    "Birds" (rewind)
    "Talk"
    "Paradise"

And those are my totally realistic expectations for the second half of October, and don't you dare rain on my parade.
  • GLaDOS said:

Realism is absolutely no fun.

Week 3 - The Killers Pack 02
    "The Man"
    "Run For Cover"
    "When You Were Young" (rewind)

Week 4 - Coldplay Pack 02
    "Birds" (rewind)
    "Talk"
    "Paradise"

And those are my totally realistic expectations for the second half of October, and don't you dare rain on my parade.
    I would switch out Run for Cover with Read my Mind just because i NEEEEEED Read My Mind. ;)
    Can we make it a 4 pack?

That's a good Coldplay pack though.

I'll stop raining on parades. Pack-pride people! :p <3 <3 <3 <3 o:)
  • Given that HMX has focused on Hot Fuss, I could see Jenny Was a Friend of Mine potentially being picked as the older non-rewind song if there's a 2nd Killers pack.
This discussion has been closed.