Hardware restock?

As the holiday season is approaching, will we see Rivals bundles or standalone instruments become available to purchase so we can stock up on instruments? As there's no new expansion this year, the hardware side of Rock Band is seeming pretty grim.

Comments

• For sure. I'd grab a few extra guitars if I could find any reasonably priced.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    This is part of the reason I still hope for a Blitz mode. Aside from me just liking the game, if/when instruments crap out on people without extra, at least there would be some mode in RB you could play even if it's just with a standard controller.

Having said that, picking up used instruments from this gen should be a little easier than before without having to concern yourself with making sure you get the right dongle and all that.
  • Stores around here do still have some stuff in stock... I know the other day I saw the red Band in a Box at target on sale. I really wish I was working because I would have bought that right a way
  • I felt the main thing that helped with instrument supply back in last gen was that GH used the same guitar style (1 row of 5 buttons) so unless you only used RB instruments, it was rather easy to pick up spares even when RB was approaching its hiatus.

With GHL going for a different style (2 rows of 3 buttons), of course picking up a cheap GHL bundle has no use and so currently you're relying on the odd leftover RB4 and Rivals bundles that didn't sell over the holiday season for backups.
  • Stores around here do still have some stuff in stock... I know the other day I saw the red Band in a Box at target on sale. I really wish I was working because I would have bought that right a way

How much were they?

I felt the main thing that helped with instrument supply back in last gen was that GH used the same guitar style (1 row of 5 buttons) so unless you only used RB instruments, it was rather easy to pick up spares even when RB was approaching its hiatus.

With GHL going for a different style (2 rows of 3 buttons), of course picking up a cheap GHL bundle has no use and so currently you're relying on the odd leftover RB4 and Rivals bundles that didn't sell over the holiday season for backups.

Yea, that still pisses me off when I see that f*cked up design.

How much were they?
    It was something like $80 for the band in the box bundle, they had a few for both Xbone and PS4
  • edited October 2
    That's a really good deal. I still prefer the MC guitars.
  • That's a really good deal. I still prefer the MC guitars.

I feel like I'm the only one who likes the Jag guitars!
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    KidSleez said:

Maybe you are? haha. I don't know how it plays - I've got two of the Mad Catz guitars without problems so I had no reason to get a Jag.
  • KidSleez said:

I prefer the Jag guitars, they feel nice and the optional rechargeable batteries are great

I mostly wanted the red set for the drums, though the guitar looks cool as well
  • SmashMan said:

KidSleez said:

Maybe you are? haha. I don't know how it plays - I've got two of the Mad Catz guitars without problems so I had no reason to get a Jag.
    When I first started playing RB4, I was using a RB2 Strat (was Mad Catz making those?) When the Rivals Jag bundle came out, I grabbed one of those. Even though I liked the RB2 Strat, I like the feel of the Jag even better. So I can't really comment on MC vs. PDP since I don't have any current gen MC instruments. But I'd gladly buy one if I could find it for a reasonable price!
  • KidSleez said:

I prefer the Jag guitars, they feel nice and the optional rechargeable batteries are great

I mostly wanted the red set for the drums, though the guitar looks cool as well
    I got the blue Jag bundle at Rivals release. It won't downstrum anymore. Would like to fix that. Then I bought a BIAB (still unopened!) with the charcoal gray Jag and it came with a free red Jag. Hoping not to have to dip into that gray Jag. Ideally I'd like to have all 3 working so I can rotate their use evenly.