Jimmy's GH-to-RB Tiers: Round 2

Comments

• -Mother
    The second solo bumps this up on guitar, and it sounds like a fun song on pretty much everything.

-Anna Molly
    This sounds even more fun on everything, though probably borderline hair-pulling on drums.

-Trying
    Yeah, this band reminds me a lot of L7 in particular. Neat song.

-Coming of Age
    Guys, these are all nice songs and all, but I'd appreciate a little less of the "2-3 on instruments, devils on vocals" variety.

-Bloodlines
    I've already tiered this before, and I feel like I pretty much nailed it. Of course, vocals and drums are gimmes, but... still.

-Nuvole e Lenzuola
    This was one of the songs in World Tour I just kinda glossed over. Maybe I shouldn't have; it sounds really cool.
  • I got skipped... :'(

Elbow - Grounds for Divorce (GHL)
    Kent - Vinternoil2 (GHWT)

• Radiohead97Radiohead97 Rising Star
    Bad Brains - Re-Ignition (GH: WoR)
    The Kinks - All Day and All of the Night (GH:A)
  • @FritzyKatz I think he's just doing five or six at a time bud
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited October 8
    Compared to @LiveHomeVideo's tier of "Coming of Age", it looks like you guys only agreed on drums, whereas you thought guitar and bass were easier and vocals were harder than she thought. Interesting, regardless. In her defense, she thought that some of the keyboard patterns would be charted to guitar in the verses (where guitar seems to be absent), therefore bumping up an otherwise easier chart. You may have just envisioned exclusively guitar in the chart and nothing else. The Bully tier looks about right. Vocals are very clearly the star of that song, with pretty basic instrumentation. Despite some noticeable gaps on guitar during the verses, what's there sounds enjoyable for a 1-dot and there's even a solo to make up for it. I'd probably bump drums up a dot, but it's not a big deal.

Next, take the iconic meme song that was in GH80s, and another Aerosmith gem.

Aerosmith - "Draw the Line" (GH:A)
    Limozeen - Because, It's Midnite (GH80s)
  • A pair:
    21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson (GH5)
    Gor-Gor by GWAR (GH5)
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    "Them Bones" comparison

Unfortunately, only guitar is spot-on, with drums and vocals being a dot off and bass being two dots off. 5 dots for bass is way too high, honestly; having it higher than guitar seems pretty errant since I was able to FC it on a sightread. Guitar, I think, deserves the highest tier on this song, and even then it's not super difficult outside of one brief part of the solo. Drums were also nothing too difficult, and I think a 3 suits them just fine.

Here's the two-way comparison with you and @FritzyKatz. You tiered everything a dot higher than him, except for guitar, which everyone agreed on being 4 dots.