DLC Discussion Thread: 1982 Is Calling and the End of Season 2

edited October 10 in Rock Band
HMXOwl said:

DLC Week of 10/05: Asia and Survivor!

Start October off right with these two '80s hits from Asia and Survivor!

Asia – the prog rock super group consisting of members of Yes and King Crimson – released their debut single “Heat of the Moment” in 1982. An instant hit, the song spent 6 weeks at #1 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart and was one of the biggest singles of the year. But thanks to its frequent use in TV & films, the song's popularity didn’t end there, and it's still one of the top tracks played on classic rock radio. The song opens with the epic main guitar phrase of distorted power chords. When the vocals kick in, the guitar creates a syncopated feel against the vocal melody and drum beat. Everything builds up to the release of the chorus, where the tempo picks up and the harmonies kick in. Each part will keep you moving.

Another chart-topper from 1982 is “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor, a song that is no stranger to Rock Band, having previously been featured on the Rock Band 2 disc. The song has been featured in dozens of films, TV shows, sporting events, and has topped countless charts worldwide. Its impact on pop culture is timeless and iconic. All parts get their knockout moment in this song. Keep your eye on the end of the choruses, there is a collective run of eighth and sixteenth notes that will be tough. Playing this song will pump you up for anything!

Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99 each. The Rock Band Rivals Season 2 Spotlight Pass can be purchased for $13.49.

• Asia - "Heat of the Moment" (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 2 Spotlight Pass)
  • Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, October 5th.
And to wrap up Season 2...

Alice in Chains Pack 03
"Down In A Hole"
"Man in the Box" (Rewind)
"Them Bones"

Comments

• Yessss another GH:80s track!

Also, it's 1983 that's calling @HMXOwl ;) (if you know your Neon Trees)

• hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    I’ve been waiting for Heat of the Moment for forever!!! Awesome song, totally will get
  • Yay I was right with one my GH 80's predictions! Great song!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Heat of the moment and eye of the tiger would just sound like crazy madlibs if they weren’t classic songs.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    This may be the best week for DLC choices since RB4 came out (for me). instabuys on both - great week for vocalists too - great songs to belt out.
  • Probably showing my age but I've never heard of the band Asia. Will pick up the song though.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited October 3
    Never been a big fan of Heat of the Moment, but that's a pretty big get.

Also Eye of the Tiger is a fantastic song so I'm glad others who missed now have a shot at it. It was my usual warm up song everytime I turned on RB2 (until all that dlc piled up).

Also marks two weeks in a row with absolutely fantastic older songs.
  • Witticus said:

Heat of the moment and eye of the tiger would just sound like crazy madlibs if they weren’t classic songs.

I present one such case, a really awesome one, but nonetheless :p
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    For a DLC week celebrating the year of my birth, I'm a little underwhelmed. As a huge fan of Yes, I feel like I should like Asia a lot more than I do. Heat of the Moment is fine, but Eye of the Tiger is a rewind, and one I wouldn't be terribly excited about even if I didn't have the export.

On the bright side, having already bought the season pass, I've already paid for Heat of the Moment, so no additional funds will be required from my wallet this week.
  • Heat of the Moment is one I've been hoping to see for a long time.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 3
    Glad to see Heat of the Moment and Eye of the Tiger brings the VR rewind count down to 12. Really hope for many more VR songs as the end of season 2 approaches.

I wonder if this month will return to teasing future weeks.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    More songs from GH80s are always welcome. Keep it up, guys!

I can't help but also think of the scene in The 40-Year-Old Virgin where Andy's friends tease him about having an Asia poster in his house (and the song was used in the movie, as well).
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited October 3
    Given that I know how the Spotlight Pass approach works now, I may consider getting it the next season since there's only one week left and it would mean less to get each month.

Plus if you win a code on the Twitch stream, that's one whole week of "free" DLC right there.
  • For a DLC week celebrating the year of my birth, I'm a little underwhelmed. As a huge fan of Yes, I feel like I should like Asia a lot more than I do. Heat of the Moment is fine, but Eye of the Tiger is a rewind, and one I wouldn't be terribly excited about even if I didn't have the export.

On the bright side, having already bought the season pass, I've already paid for Heat of the Moment, so no additional funds will be required from my wallet this week.

Hopefully when they celebrate the Greatest Year Ever! (1984, also known as the year I was born in smaller circles) they do it big.

And I have it double nice. On top of being born during the Greatest Year Ever! I was also born on the Greatest Day Ever! (aka Elvis' birthday, which he also shares it with my great grandfather who was born earlier).

January 8, 1984. Pretty nice.
  • Glad to see Heat of the Moment and Eye of the Tiger brings the VR rewind count down to 12. Really hope for many more VR songs as the end of season 2 approaches.

I'm still expecting a big pack of around 6-12 of them on the 10th anniversary.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited October 3

Glad to see Heat of the Moment and Eye of the Tiger brings the VR rewind count down to 12. Really hope for many more VR songs as the end of season 2 approaches.

Well....RBVR DOES have 12 rewinds left.

Something like a 10-song week for the 10th anniversary.

;)

And it doesn't even have to be all rewinds, could be 5 rewinds, 5 new songs or something.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Not my favorite for 80's cheese but can make it work.
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    The rest of the songs this month might as well pack up and leave. I don't think anything can beat Heat of the Moment, but I would be more than happy to eat these words.
  • @WoodenGlory It's 12 rewinds, 9 new songs left.
  • @WoodenGlory It's 12 rewinds, 9 new songs left.

5 + 5 can still equal 10 ;P
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I saw, "1982" and immediately thought, "Heat of the Moment".
    And that was accurate? Neat!
    This song isn't from RBVR or DropMix, right? And old. Thus: probably no stems. Ah well, I already bought it [via the Spotlight Pass], life goes on. Probably it will at least be sort-of fun to play, like "Burnin' For You" is, given that it's an iconic song.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    yes to Heat of the Moment
  • Yes! Another song from a Guitar Hero game is always welcomed. As are Rewinds. :D

Looking forward to this week as well. :)

Weekly Challenge Theme: Local Town Heroes (25% Bonus XP for playing on Play a Show Mode)
    =Spotlight=
    - Heat of the Moment (Asia)
    - Mary Jane's Last Dance (Tom Petty (R.I.P.) and The Heartbreakers)
    - A Passage to Bangkok (Rush)
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I doubt many people remember this, but South Park used Heat of the Moment really well.

Gotta love 4 box videoes to get around auto takedowns...
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act

Well....RBVR DOES have 12 rewinds left.

Something like a 10-song week for the 10th anniversary.

;)

And it doesn't even have to be all rewinds, could be 5 rewinds, 5 new songs or something.
    Calling it now - 9 rewind tracks + "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath for Spotlight Pass (we've heard that song doesn't have well-preserved masters, but now that we don't need perfect masters...)

As for this week's DLC... eh? "Heat of the Moment" was an oh-that-song moment, but nothing I'm rushing out to buy. "Eye of the Tiger" is nice for whoever doesn't own it.