DLC Discussion Thread: 1982 Is Calling and the End of Season 2

Comments

• meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    Yep spotlight pass was completely worth it. I'm in for round two spotlight pass for sure, nicely done HMX
  • My challenge prediction is a RB4 challenge (Only RB4 era songs are eligible) with these spotlight songs and no XP bonus:
    Asia - "Heat of the Moment"
    Scorpions - "No One Like You" (repeat)
    Twisted Sister - "I Wanna Rock"
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I heard bad reviews for the sound quality of "I Wanna Rock", is it bad enough that you could picture Harmonix being too embarrassed about it to ever make it a Spotlight Song?
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    Gonna have to look at the charts for Heat of the Moment; drums sound super-I'm-a-gonna-fall-asleep boring followed by moments of sheer panic and terror. If the hard parts aren't too hard, I'm in.
  • Glad to see more classic rock! Heat of the Moment isn’t my go to, but still glad to have it.
    Imma take that "Disagree" to mean "the sound isn't all THAT bad"
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior

I heard bad reviews for the sound quality of "I Wanna Rock", is it bad enough that you could picture Harmonix being too embarrassed about it to ever make it a Spotlight Song?

It isn't that bad. It's because Harmonix received the unprocessed/unedited aka dry stems and all of the effects etc...had to be re-applied as it were. As a result it doesn't completely sound the same. Sometimes the rights holders send the dry stems instead of ones that have effects already applied to them.

Betting "Heat of the Moment" doesn't have stems though.
  • Holy carp! We finally got some Asia!!! Though I don't know this particular song, but I have a couple of songs from them that are amongst my favorite songs ever so I'm sure this one is awesome as well!!

And Eye of the Tiger! Yay!! I was wishing for that Rewind ever since Rewinds became a thing. Oh man, this week is going to be AWESOME!

(If you can't tell, though I was born mid-90's, I love 80's music the most out of any decade)
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I'm very happy Heat of the Moment is on the platform, and it's in my pass. Already have Eye of the Tiger, so I'm all set!

Very satisfied with the pass, looking forward to the next one.
  • Imma take that "Disagree" to mean "the sound isn't all THAT bad"

Lol I accidentally hit disagree when scrolling on mobile. Sorry about that. But have to say I think it sounds pretty good considering the stems they received.
  • Harmonix, you've been knocking it out of the park with the song quality recently! (Now all I can hope for is that the quantity starts to increase... :P)
    dog037 said:

I could have sworn on someone else's life that Heat of the Moment was already on Rock Band.

You probably played it in Guitar Hero?
    Though I've had that reaction many, many times over the years [for songs that were never in any band simulation game].
  • aimsmallmismallaimsmallmismall Unsigned
    edited October 3
    Surprised to read that Heat of the Moment was #1 for while way back then.. It's not anywhere near the top of my classic rock want-list, but it's decent - I'll definitely pick it up.
  • Surprised to read that Heat of the Moment was #1 for while way back then.. It's not anywhere near the top of my classic rock wishlist, but it's decent - I'll definitely pick it up.

Walk the Dinosaur was a top 10 hit.
  • It was not was a top 10 hit..
  • "Heat of the Moment" is a great song, but my love of "Only Time Will Tell" leaves me a bit disappointed that isn't the song we're getting for Asia. Off to the request page to request it for the 100th + time!
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:

You probably played it in Guitar Hero?
    Though I've had that reaction many, many times over the years [for songs that were never in any band simulation game].

I think I got it crossed with Flock of Seagulls.
  • HMXOwl said:

Surprised to read that Heat of the Moment was #1 for while way back then.. It's not anywhere near the top of my classic rock wishlist, but it's decent - I'll definitely pick it up.

Walk the Dinosaur was a top 10 hit.
    Open the door and get on the floor right now
  • EliBell1 said:

"Heat of the Moment" is a great song, but my love of "Only Time Will Tell" leaves me a bit disappointed that isn't the song we're getting for Asia. Off to the request page to request it for the 100th + time!

Haha - I had to look that song up - I do remember that!
    As much as it brought a smile to my face, I think I'm glad we got HOTM instead.. Tough call though!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Lol I accidentally hit disagree when scrolling on mobile. Sorry about that. But have to say I think it sounds pretty good considering the stems they received.
    In the future, put all your accidental disagrees on me. I’m a disagree collector of sorts. They make me stronger as a person. Can I hit 10,000 by 2018?
    I remember thinking, back when the song came out, that we would always know what year it was released because of that one line. "Even in the far-off distant future of The Year 2000, we'll have an easy way to remember!".

Any year beyond 2000 was too far in the future to even imagine. Probably we would have found a way to separate our consciousness from our bodies by then. Would those entities still listen to music? Even if we did, would we bother with 35-year-old songs by Asia, any more than people in 1982 would bother listening to the hits of 1947?

As it turns out, right around 1982 was when my Grandmother gave me all of her 78 rpm acetate records, and I got hooked on the song, "Peg o' My Heart" (which was a number 1 hit back in 1947).
  • Witticus said:

In the future, put all your accidental disagrees on me. I’m a disagree collector of sorts. They make me stronger as a person. Can I hit 10,000 by 2018?
    Put you one step closer, but this time purposely. ;)
    edited October 3

Open the door and get on the floor right now
    Also a number 1 hit in 1947, "Open the Door, Richard"
  • Wow, I often forget that songs like Asia debuted in the early '80's because I was only 1 year old when it came out. Very happy to get this song. And yeah, when I saw the title, the first thing that popped into my head was Cartman singing it on South Park!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Challenge prediction: Songs and bands that have "of" in their titles?

Hits both songs this week

System of a Down
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Kings of Leon
    Of Monsters and Men
    Of Mice & Men
    Lamb of God
    Band of Horses
    Temple of the Dog

Shape of You
    The Edge of Glory
    King of the World