Does the RB4 PS4 drums have a dongle like the old model?

Just got RB4, but my old broke-in RB3 drums are registering hits on the yellow pad when I hit the red one. I’ve found someone selling just the pad section for the RB4 drums without any other pieces. Do the RB4 drums require a dongle? I could cannibalize the rest of the parts from the old drum set, but I presume an RB3 dongle won’t work with RB4 set, if it requires a dongle.

Comments

• The PS4 RB4 drums don't use a dongle.

They use Bluetooth to connect.
  • IraVirusIraVirus Unsigned
    Awesome. $50 for a new set of drum pads is better than $250. Thanks for the info.
  • Having problems with my kit rb4 also
  • Having problems with my kit rb4 also

What is the problem?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    IraVirus said:

Just got RB4, but my old broke-in RB3 drums are registering hits on the yellow pad when I hit the red one. I’ve found someone selling just the pad section for the RB4 drums without any other pieces. Do the RB4 drums require a dongle? I could cannibalize the rest of the parts from the old drum set, but I presume an RB3 dongle won’t work with RB4 set, if it requires a dongle.

Welcome back! I know we've had our issues but I do hope you like RB4.

Having problems with my kit rb4 also

What kind of problems, exactly?
  • IraVirusIraVirus Unsigned
    edited October 19
    LoopyChew said:

IraVirus said:

Welcome back! I know we've had our issues but I do hope you like RB4.
    I was quite grumpy, but I’ve missed drumming so I’m back. When I want to play keys, I’ll bust out one of my ten synthesizers. Got the new drums today and they’re working great, but now my yellow cymbal is double hitting. To eBay for a cheap cymbals kit, I guess. I keep getting excited to play and then a new road block.