DLC Discussion Thread: Good Things Come In Threes

Comments

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

Freakin' give us Blitz already!

Please!!

I really hope Blitz mode isn't what is being worked on.. I don't really like that game.. It would be fun to play as an app for iPad or my phone, but I hope HMX pours their time and resources into making the core RB4 experience better, however that may be..
    Seriously. Blitz is a niche spin off of a niche game. There's tons of stuff RB4 is still missing I'd rather see before Blitz.

I'm hoping/predicting it has something to do with delisted DLC. We haven't had any updates on that in a few months.
  • @tdc002 The only thing that could be related to entitlements that fits the tweet tease is RBN as delisted DLC is played frequently on the streams (e.g. Stonehenge is a very popular stream pick) but they already said in July that RBN entitlements would require an even more reduced DLC output so it can't be that.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Blitz was fun!

A new version of Blitz would be welcomed, but it would also make me worry [even more than I already do] that there's a looming problem with instrument supplies.

But hey, that's what I do, I fret, hoping that it keeps me from ever been surprised by bad news.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior

- All menu music becomes Yes We Can, Dream Genie and Visions

I would be heartbroken if this happened and we still didn’t get to play Yes We Can in game. I love that song, and the other two are great too. **** the haters
  • hiimSMAP said:

I would be heartbroken if this happened and we still didn’t get to play Yes We Can in game. I love that song, and the other two are great too. **** the haters
    I want Red Lottery too
  • Been waiting a long time for "Them Bones" and will gladly snatch up this pack. Thank you Harmonix.

@tdc002 The only thing that could be related to entitlements that fits the tweet tease is RBN as delisted DLC is played frequently on the streams (e.g. Stonehenge is a very popular stream pick) but they already said in July that RBN entitlements would require an even more reduced DLC output so it can't be that.

All their tweets say is they're working on something. They don't seem to be hyping anything insane. The last of the delisted entitlements dropping all in one day seems like something they'd hype (even if it is just keeping a 2+ year old promise at this point).

I'm guessing maybe more unlockable Rock Shop gear? Which I guess could be part of the same patch that's adding the Season 2 helmets rewards.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 11
    @tdc002 Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong but I see the tweet suggesting there was no stream because what they were going to show off on the stream outside of the AiC pack wasn't ready to be shown off yet. More delisted entitlements wouldn't fit that because delisted songs are commonly on the stream anyway.
  • yoann007yoann007 Unsigned
    tdc002 said:

Please!!

I really hope Blitz mode isn't what is being worked on.. I don't really like that game.. It would be fun to play as an app for iPad or my phone, but I hope HMX pours their time and resources into making the core RB4 experience better, however that may be..
    Seriously. Blitz is a niche spin off of a niche game.
    So is Rock Band itself, one might say.
  • It'll be interesting to see if spotlight pass owners get Down in a Hole tomorrow, it's the most difficult entitlement of the entire pass.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

It'll be interesting to see if spotlight pass owners get Down in a Hole tomorrow, it's the most difficult entitlement of the entire pass.

...I smell a new avenue for SIEA to **** another bed!

• hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Wildcat15 said:

hiimSMAP said:

I want Red Lottery too
    Absolutely, more Megasus and Lightning Bolt is always welcome
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star

It'll be interesting to see

Really, though?
    yoann007 said:

tdc002 said:

Please!!

Seriously. Blitz is a niche spin off of a niche game.
    So is Rock Band itself, one might say.
    If you're referring to Rock Band spinning off from Guitar Hero, I wouldn't say so. Guitar Hero II was a massive hit, it was hardly a niche game.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    I have Man in a Box, so nothing I really want. Them Bones goes on the "Buy when nothing I even remotely like comes out for weeks in a row."
  • Down in a Hole is now available for XB1 spotlight pass owners.
  • edited October 12
    Very good spotlight picks, indeed! :)

One song that is free for Rivals owners (Which I already have), plus one song that is free for those who owns the Spotlight Pass (Which I have to wait til tomorrow before I can get it), plus one I have to buy is a win in my book. :)

And as a Bonus, my Crew are already in Bloodstone. :)
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, has Ghost of Perdition been spotlight yet? Not sure.
  • @WoodenGlory No, the only prog spotlights before this challenge were Metropolis Pt. 1, Pull Me Under and Freewill.
  • @WoodenGlory No, the only prog spotlights before this challenge were Metropolis Pt. 1, Pull Me Under and Freewill.

Someday it will get its' chance. That guitar part is too good to let it slip by.
  • While I prefer Ghost of Perdition as a song, I'm glad they picked Heir Apparent instead for the challenge. December 2015 was a crazy time for RB, from Black Friday bonuses to prog metal and brutal mode to modern pop all the way to bringing back memories of the 2014 iTunes controversy.
  • How about October 2017? That's sure a crazy time for RB.
  • How about October 2017? That's sure a crazy time for RB.

We'll see as the month continues, the twitter tease does give potential though.
  • I was joking, but sure XD
  • calloycalloy Unsigned

Not a fan of the spotlight choices. Hopefully the challenge songs are better.

Ghost of Perdition is a significantly better song than Heir Apparent, IMO while still being a challenge.

Oh well. They won, they get to pick. Doubt they'll lose any sleep over my opinion. :tongue:

i just hope there's a lot of them.
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    As this was posted on Reddit already so I figured I could link it here too. Here's the list of this week's challenge:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/75tl2n/list_of_songs_in_this_weeks_challenge/
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Jadiou said:

As this was posted on Reddit already so I figured I could link it here too. Here's the list of this week's challenge:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/75tl2n/list_of_songs_in_this_weeks_challenge/

Definitely some deeper cuts in there. At least most everyone has already made it to Bloodstone that is trying to.
  • I like what I see of the challenge list. Plenty of Iron Maiden, Megadeth, and Judas Priest... which you will never hear me complaining about!

There are a lot of other good tunes in there though too.