Packaging issues

Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
Hey guys! Loving DropMix so far. It has become a nightly staple in our household, sparking competition among the whole family. We have invited guests over to play it and I have yet to meet any person that has not had fun with the game. Thank you for bringing this to us!

I do want to bring up some issues with packaging, just to push it to your attention. To retrieve cards from both playlist packs and discovery packs, the pretty packaging must be completely destroyed. This is a violent process that involves tearing apart the cardboard with your hands or using a knife to pry behind the plastic to pull the cards out. This is not an enjoyable or fast process. Doing this causes severe bends when reaching in to pull the cards out. Worse, the glue from the plastic on the playlist packs (the $15 full deck packs) has the tendency to tear the paper from the edges of the cards.

With as much fun as we are having with this game, and with as expensive and rare the cards seem to be, we are trying to take care of the sets and make them last a long time. This seems like an issue for Hasbro to resolve, and I will forward a similar message to their consumer care, but I really wanted to make Harmonix and other players aware of the problem so that players take extra care getting the cards out of their packs.

Thanks. <3

Comments

• Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    UPDATE: Hasbro Consumer Care is phenomenal. If this happens to you, contact them and they will work on replacing your damaged cards.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    @delibird444,

That's excellent! I had the one issue with my card where it wasn't cut right, remember?
    How quick were they to respond and did you just open up a ticket on-line?

Thanks.
  • Sucks to see that your DropMix card got nicked by glue from the package for the game, but it's cool that Hasbro cares about their customers. (Though, I'm on fence on whether I want to get the game or not :) ).

P.S: I am envious that DropMix got Steal My Sunshine and Rock Band did not, as of yet. :s

Sucks to see that your DropMix card got nicked by glue from the package for the game, but it's cool that Hasbro cares about their customers. (Though, I'm on fence on whether I want to get the game or not :) ).

P.S: I am envious that DropMix got Steal My Sunshine and Rock Band did not, as of yet. :s

"Steal My Sunshine" is on Lego Rock Band.
  • edited October 11

Sucks to see that your DropMix card got nicked by glue from the package for the game, but it's cool that Hasbro cares about their customers. (Though, I'm on fence on whether I want to get the game or not :) ).

You must be thinking Walking on Sunshine. (Walking on Sunshine is in Lego Rock Band's setlist, not Steal My Sunshine).

You must be thinking Walking on Sunshine. (Walking on Sunshine is in Lego Rock Band's setlist, not Steal My Sunshine).
    I must be. Yes. Sorry about that!
    @Delibird444,

I'll just chat with them live. Seems like the quickest and easiest method.
    I'll let you know the result. I'm upset that I tried to correct the problem myself, but hopefully we can come to an agreeable resolution.
    UPDATE:

I contacted Hasbro and they specified they could not offer this specific card and offered a Discovery pack in exchange for the damaged card. While I appreciate the gesture, I would then be missing this card.

I will have to obtain another copy of the game to address.
  • UPDATE:

I contacted Hasbro and they specified they could not offer this specific card and offered a Discovery pack in exchange for the damaged card. While I appreciate the gesture, I would then be missing this card.

I will have to obtain another copy of the game to address.

Wow - that's balls.
    Hope u didn't love that particular card..
    I got another set and all cards are sleeved.
    Issue resolved!