ion drum rocker

Now, I know this has been covered sooo many times,,, but every post I saw was old, and since I'm ready to play around with this, I'm looking for help. I am using an ion drum rocker with my electronic kit to play rockband. I want a double bass but can't find an adapter anywhere anymore. I know a spliter won't work with both pedals pressed. I have tons of parts and modules and was wondering what my options are,,, I have an Alesis Trigger i/o , I have an Yamaha brain,,,, is there anything I can do with those? Thanks so much

Comments

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Run a real kick pad into your Trigger I/O and hook up a double-pedal/double-beater rig to the pad.
  • I actually do have a kick pad ( Alesis ) and a double pedal. Would you know how I would connect that with my existing setup?
    Thanks
  • edited November 7
    I got one of these. Works great.
    https://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/drum-rocker-double-kick-expansion-kit

Edit: Hmm, I see the issue with availability
  • Ya, unfortunately I can't find it anywhere. I'm sure I have everything needed to make it work,, just don't have the know how,,, lots of electronic drum parts / modules....

I actually do have a kick pad ( Alesis ) and a double pedal. Would you know how I would connect that with my existing setup?
    Thanks

You clamp the main pedal to the pad like you would for a single bass setup, then hook up the extension bar and second pedal. Plug the pad output into the Trigger I/O kick pedal input, and then adjust the sensitivity just like you would for any pad. Boom you're done.

The two separate beaters will hit the pad independent of each other and send the kick notes to the brain. Once the brain sensitivity is adjusted for the pad, there nothing else to do.
  • Thanks,,,, what I meant was,,, how do I connect the I/O brain to work with the ION brain?

Again, thanks

Thanks,,,, what I meant was,,, how do I connect the I/O brain to work with the ION brain?

Again, thanks

You skip the Ion brain and use the Trigger I/O into an MPA. All your Ion pads and cymbals will work with the Trigger I/O, but you will have to get them dialed in with sensitivity and crosstalk settings.
  • Perfect. Will work on that this weekend, thanks so much. I've drummed for ever but this electronic stuff is confusing me lol. I'm also diving head first and converting an acoustic kit to electronic because I miss hitting real drum heads.