November 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Rock Band Turns 10

Comments

• GLaDOS said:

Bob Dylan.

I predict Travelling Wilburys

I would love to have the whole first album, but that is unlikely.

So instead I will predict:

Traveling Wilburys Pack 01

Handle With Care

End Of The Line

Last Night

I think we'd be lucky to get just one. My money would be on Handle With Care (though I think I'd prefer End of the Line).
  • ^ This one’s optimistic.

Now you're getting it
  • Iron Maiden - "Wrathchild"

So much this.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

^ This one’s optimistic.

He should be.
  • I would die if we got Paint It Black & Wrathchild.
    However I'd prefer a new Bowie song.. and since we just got a new Radiohead song I'd expect "Creep" to be a rewind. Unless it already has been? I don't recall so but that's what getting older does to you lol.
  • @Dangimarocker Creep isn't from Kid A though and the only reason I'm predicting more Radiohead is the potential Kid A hint.
  • I don't buy Radiohead the week after Radiohead.

But an interesting angle (not that I think it's a realistic one) would be releasing a song from all of the huge one and done disc artists (one artist per disc):

The Rolling Stones
    Bob Dylan
    The Beach Boys
    Elvis

Let's say a 12 pack from each one since this will never happen anyway.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    One RB1/2 artist that I haven't seen mentioned is Red Hot Chili Peppers. They've been oddly absent in the RB4 era (with a new album dropping in that time, no less), and I'd love to see them come back to the game.
  • TheStuddz said:

One RB1/2 artist that I haven't seen mentioned is Red Hot Chili Peppers. They've been oddly absent in the RB4 era (with a new album dropping in that time, no less), and I'd love to see them come back to the game.

As someone who needs Rewinds, I'd love to have Dani California.
  • TheStuddz said:

I was almost certain we were gonna get Dark Neccessities.. Love that song.
    KidSleez said:

TheStuddz said:

I don't need rewinds, but I do need a few delisted songs.. Somehow I let Breaking The Girl slip through my grasp - I would very much like another crack at that.
  • TheStuddz said:

With all the delistings over the past 4 years, to me the odd (but promising) part was Give It Away being released as RBVR DLC.
  • TheStuddz said:

I was almost certain we were gonna get Dark Neccessities.. Love that song.
    KidSleez said:

TheStuddz said:

I don't need rewinds, but I do need a few delisted songs.. Somehow I let Breaking The Girl slip through my grasp - I would very much like another crack at that.
    I had some of BSSM on another gamer tag that I can't get into because I don't know the password :( so I'd like to have the chance to grab some of those too.
  • TheStuddz said:

With all the delistings over the past 4 years, to me the odd (but promising) part was Give It Away being released as RBVR DLC.
    I wouldn't look at it as promising. They are allowed to use the song on the RB platform, which is what has allowed dlc to carry forward. RBVR is technically part of the RB platform, even if it doesn't interact with RB4.

I'm guessing they even went as far as using that clause for the RB3 disc songs, which is why they were allowed to transfer without loss (though like I said this one is just a guess).

Being that Give it Away is the most recently licensed song and hasn't been delisted yet, it should be fair use on the platform until it's delisting.

I am curious if the Peppers had a change of heart about music games, or if the reactivation of the GH license has trapped them back into exclusivity for the period of the signed contract (which is why we lost Give it Away and initially Dani California in the first place).
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    edited November 15
    (Somewhat) zany prediction:

Announcement is on Friday and DLC is released Monday, both because of Thanksgiving and as a sort of throwback to early DLC days.

10th anniversary, 10 songs

free song for everyone
    The Konks - 29 Fingers

RB1 Throwback Pack 01 (all RB1 Rewinds)
    Radiohead - Creep
    Garbage - I Think I'm Paranoid
    The Killers - When You Were Young
    David Bowie - Suffragette City
    Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly
    Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
    Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
    Kiss - Detroit Rock City

Spotlight song (not in any pack)
    Black Sabbath - Paranoid (original version, no masters)

Challenge: subjectively selected "songs iconic to Rock Band" (all Rewinds, key DLC, etc.)

Spotlight songs:
    - Black Sabbath - Paranoid
    - Weezer - Say It Ain't So
    - The Konks - 29 Fingers
  • calloy said:

I'll take Karma Police to go with Dream Police and suggest we need a few more songs by The Police

Funny, I was thinking we needed "Karma Chameleon" and "Instant Karma!" for theme completion.
    Culture Club Pack 01:
    Karma Chameleon
    Miss Me Blind
    I'll Tumble 4 Ya or The War Song
  • calloy said:

I'll take Karma Police to go with Dream Police and suggest we need a few more songs by The Police

Funny, I was thinking we needed "Karma Chameleon" and "Instant Karma!" for theme completion.
    Culture Club Pack 01:
    Karma Chameleon
    Miss Me Blind
    I'd swap out Miss Me Blind and I'll Tumble 4 Ya for Time and Church of the Poison Mind.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Karma Chameleon is my only must-have from Culture Club, even if there are several cool other tracks that also could be used.
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    As a drummer, I would love to see Lennon's "Instant Karma".
  • calloy said:

Culture Club Pack 01:
    Karma Chameleon
    Miss Me Blind
    I'd swap out Miss Me Blind and I'll Tumble 4 Ya for Time and Church of the Poison Mind.
    I'd really take any Culture Club we could get. I could really see any of those listed above. Karma Chameleon is most likely though.
  • MemoDLSG said:

Announcement is on Friday and DLC is released Monday, both because of Thanksgiving and as a sort of throwback to early DLC days.

free song for everyone
    The Konks - 29 Fingers

Radiohead - Creep
    Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
    Kiss - Detroit Rock City

Challenge: subjectively selected "songs iconic to Rock Band" (all Rewinds, key DLC, etc.)

Spotlight songs:
    - The Konks - 29 Fingers

Was the Friday thing said or is that part of your prediction? Because usually they announce on Monday and release on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also that would be a very bad week for most of the diehards that have been around 10 years. Great for new fans but if you're celebrating with fans that have been with you for a long time you have to give them more than one song that's "new".
  • MemoDLSG said:

free song for everyone
    The Konks - 29 Fingers

Radiohead - Creep
    Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
    Kiss - Detroit Rock City

Spotlight songs:
    - The Konks - 29 Fingers

Was the Friday thing said or is that part of your prediction? Because usually they announce on Monday and release on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also that would be a very bad week for most of the diehards that have been around 10 years. Great for new fans but if you're celebrating with fans that have been with you for a long time you have to give them more than one song that's "new".
    I agree. Needs more fluffy new stuff. A couple rewinds is fine.. but that's overload.
  • MemoDLSG said:

free song for everyone
    The Konks - 29 Fingers

Radiohead - Creep
    Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
    Kiss - Detroit Rock City

Spotlight songs:
    - The Konks - 29 Fingers

This exactly.
    The people who care that the game has been around for 10 years absolutely don't want rewinds - they want new stuff.
  • Don't forget that rewinds were specifically introduced as part of the 10th anniversary celebrations shown by the January 2017 DLC reveal article. That said, I don't see it only being 1 new song, split in half between rewinds and new songs seems most reasonable.
  • Half would be cool, but even if it's 5-7 rewinds and 3 actual new songs that would also be cool.

And I love Ozzy/Sabbath, but honestly if we were to get more Sabbath I'd want Iron Man since we've never had it and it's fn awesome.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 16
    As for announcements, these seem like the most likely possibilities:
    - Announce on Friday, release on Monday (as the anniversary is on Monday)
    - Announce on Monday, release on Tuesday (this is what happened on Thanksgiving week 2015 and 2016)
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited November 16

As for announcements, these seem like the most likely possibilities:
    - Announce on Friday, release on Monday (as the anniversary is on Monday)
    - Announce on Monday, release on Tuesday (this is what happened on Thanksgiving week 2015 and 2016)

Or just plain release with an announcement ON MONDAY? Surprise?

Hmm...