November 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Rock Band Turns 10

Comments

• tdc002 said:

tdc002 said:

I guess it's safe to assume we're getting A-Punk or When You Were Young as a Rewind next week. Maybe even both. On one hand, When You Were Young is a big song; but on the other, a LOT of people have been asking about getting songs off the Lego Rock Band soundtrack as DLC since that game came out (I guess people were embarrassed to buy a kids' game).

As long as the Rewinds trend keeps up, it's also probably a good bet we're getting The Final Countdown in time for New Year's.

Since we've been on a bit of a Dropmix kick lately, I REALLY hope we don't just wind up getting the Dropmix soundtrack as DLC for the next six months. 90% of it is pop music that wouldn't play well in Rock Band at all.

Better yet, why not both plus Boom Boom Pow as a Dropmix pick?
    Because Boom Boom Pow would play like garbage in Rock Band, just like I Gotta Feeling.
    Honestly the only song, even if it wouldn't play great, by BEP would be "Where is The Love?"
    At least it's got some fun harmonies ;)
  • But you know it would sell, and that's the MO with Spotlight Pass picks.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 22
    There’s even more evidence suggesting When You Were Young, namely a pack featuring it (could be multiple artists like the 90s pack or a Killers pack consisting of only songs from Sam’s Town and Day & Age). HMX said the 00s was split into 2 weeks because there was so much of it but if you look at the song distribution it’s still very unbalanced with 2006 being in the 2nd challenge which suggests a 2006 song is being bundled with songs from 2007-2009.

2000: 31
    2001: 44
    2002: 42
    2003: 59
    2004: 61
    2005: 66

2000 - 2005 total: 303

2006: 93
    2007: 95
    2008: 149
    2009: 132

2006 - 2009 total: 469
  • So I assume the big 10th Anniversary DLC speculated about turned out to be the RBN songs? Or did I miss something?
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    stixman6 said:

So I assume the big 10th Anniversary DLC speculated about turned out to be the RBN songs? Or did I miss something?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • There’s even more evidence suggesting When You Were Young, namely a pack featuring it (could be multiple artists like the 90s pack or a Killers pack consisting of only songs from Sam’s Town and Day & Age). HMX said the 00s was split into 2 weeks because there was so much of it but if you look at the song distribution it’s still very unbalanced with 2006 being in the 2nd challenge which suggests a 2006 song is being bundled with songs from 2007-2009.

2000: 31
    2001: 44
    2002: 42
    2003: 59
    2004: 61
    2005: 66

2000 - 2005 total: 303

2006: 93
    2007: 95
    2008: 149
    2009: 132

2006 - 2009 total: 469

How about All The Pretty Faces mixed with Human and that?
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Add the rewind to "Human" and either "Read My Mind" or another single from Sam's Town to make a late 00s pack. Send unlikely they'd license a pack right now without a new single but hope perseveres.
    This is my last hope this year for more from The Killers, please don't disappoint!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited November 22
    Why do we need a pack to be entirely from the same halfdecade again? We know the rivals challenges span decades / halfdecades, and as a result the spotlight song will match the challenge decade/halfdecade... but I haven't seen anything precluding the release of a nonchallenge-eligiblesong in the same week. I think a Killers pack could have "The Man" or "Run For Cover" (along with the proper-decade spotlight song and rewind).

Why do we need a pack to be entirely from the same halfdecade again? We know the rivals challenges span decades / halfdecades, and as a result the spotlight song will match the challenge decade/halfdecade... but I haven't seen anything precluding the release of a nonchallenge-eligiblesong in the same week. I think a Killers pack could have "The Man" or "Run For Cover" (along with the proper-decade spotlight song and rewind).

Well Owl mentioned that Big Baoz Battle was an exception in that they only break the decade's theme when they have a game to promote. Maybe I misinterpreted that, but it seemed to mean no decades-spanning packs for the duration of the pass.
  • GLaDOS said:

Well Owl mentioned that Big Baoz Battle was an exception in that they only break the decade's theme when they have a game to promote. Maybe I misinterpreted that, but it seemed to mean no decades-spanning packs for the duration of the pass.
    Unless they have 2 weeks planned for 10s which doesn’t seem likely given how few 2010-2013 songs we have, challenge 8 will probably have multiple decades (maybe all songs eligible?). But yeah, challenges 1-7 seem strict decade requirements.
  • So what is gonna be next week if this week is the only 2000's week in November?
    Maybe they let the last-year's-champs-decide-the-playlist challenge move up to earlier in season than it was last year.
  • Maybe they let the last-year's-champs-decide-the-playlist challenge move up to earlier in season than it was last year.

Did they do that this time?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 22
    There was nothing suggesting the season 2 1st place crew were getting anything special. The 1 00s week in November comment was probably just a mistake or DLC is being delayed by a day (next Friday is December 1st).
  • I think anyone thinking we are getting a Killers pack will be sorely disappointed.

I could, however, see The Man as December or January pop dlc.
  • I'll say it: can you imagine getting Muse after a decade?
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal

I think anyone thinking we are getting a Killers pack will be sorely disappointed.

I could, however, see The Man as December or January pop dlc.

"The Man" would be a great 2010's spotlight pick. That and Portugal. The Man's "Feel It Still" are the two that I keep going back to as my prediction for the 2010's track.
  • 2010s predictions need moar Fozzy (Judas).
  • Wildcat15 said:

I'll say it: can you imagine getting Muse after a decade?

Everyone would say "not enough" or "wrong song".

But then it might be Plug In Baby or Knights in Cydonia and then it could be good enough.
    My biggest fear getting Muse would be getting something new I've never even heard of after all this time. Last single I've heard was "Dead Inside"

No way in the RB4 era we'd get a pack big enough to satisfy demand if we ever did get them though
  • We don’t have much to go by this year on 10s predictions outside of RBVR and potentially DropMix. These are the paid non-RBVR 10s songs of this year so far:
    - Avenged Sevenfold - “The Stage”
    - Fun. - “Some Nights”
    - OMI - “Cheerleader”
    - Lady Gaga - “The Edge of Glory”, “Applause”, “A-YO”
    - Jason Derulo - “Want to Want Me”
    - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - “Can’t Hold Us”
    - Ed Sheeran - “Shape of You”
    - Avenged Sevenfold - “God Damn”
    - Shawn Mendes - “There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back”

All except the last 3 songs were before RBVR launch with Shape of You coming the week after.
  • Here are my picks for the last two decade based weeks.

Late 00's:
    -That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings (Spotlight)
    -A-Punk - Vampire Weekend (Rewind)
    -Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap

2010's
    -Do I Wanna Know - Arctic Monkeys (Spotlight)
    -Church Bells - Carrie Underwood
    -The Emperor's New Clothes - Panic at the Disco
  • I'm making my prediction for the last three weeks as well. (Comes with Weekly Challenge Theme and Spotlight Songs)

2006-2009 Week (Next Week, Possibly)
    - The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger (Spotlight Song)
    - Ke$ha - Tik Tok
    - Vampire Weekend - A-Punk (Lego Rock Band Rewind)

The other Spotlight Songs for this week are Blood Red Rock (Bang Camaro, First RBN Song Spotlight), and Poker Face (Lady Gaga).

2010s Week (First Week of December)
    - Audiodamn! - Lights Out (Rock Band VR Song)
    - Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (Spotlight Song)

The other Spotlight Songs are Birth In Reverse (St.Vincent), and Shut Up and Dance (Walk The Moon).

All Decade Week (Second Week of December)
    - Boston - Don't Look Back
    - Europe - The Final Countdown (Lego Rock Band Rewind)
    - Foo Fighters - Everlong (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    - The Killers - When You Were Young (Rock Band 1 Rewind)
    - Shakira - Try Everything (Spotlight Song)
    - The Youngbloods - Get Together

The other Spotlight Songs are All Right Now (Free), and Dream Genie (Lightning Bolt).

• - Shakira - Try Everything (Spotlight Song)

Your quest to get Try Everything into the game has been a more exciting venture to watch than the entirety of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Somebody should write a book about your gallant quest... or make a movie.
  • To follow up my week 7 prediction of Church Bells and Grand Canyon, my week 8 prediction is:

Foo Fighters 05
    Everlong (rewind)
    Big Me
    Run (spotlight pass)

Where the whole RB library is eligible for the challenge.
    Aw, missing the opportunity for the ‘artists Dave Grohl recorded with’ challenge theme?

I guess yours has subtle differences.

Here are my picks for the last two decade based weeks.

Late 00's:
    -That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings (Spotlight)
    -A-Punk - Vampire Weekend (Rewind)
    -Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap

2010's
    -Do I Wanna Know - Arctic Monkeys (Spotlight)
    -Church Bells - Carrie Underwood
    -The Emperor's New Clothes - Panic at the Disco

Oh man, if we got The Ting Tings finally next week I'd be so damn happy. Extremely surprised we don't already have the Arctic Monkeys song too, figured it'd be a lock for DLC soon after launch.
    I’ll take the CHVRCHES cover in our inevitable CHVRCHES mega pack week.

• @thatmarkguy I was thinking if a Dave Grohl challenge was to happen it would likely be in another season. Also, I see it more likely to happen when the new DLC isn't Foo Fighters because of the lack of Dave Grohl on the RB4 disc.

Unless HMX ditches the "1 spotlight available to all Rivals owners for no extra cost" rule that is but would cause much bigger problems as a result especially given the general reactions to the last time that happened (Jesus of Suburbia, The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles, Jesus Christ Pose).
    ‘Artists Dave Grohl recorded with’ would include Queens of the Stone Age even if he didn’t actually contribute to My God is the Sun.

It was a joke anyway; if they ever did that as a challenge theme it’d probably have to be a bronze week (probably even shallower than pre-70s week).
This discussion has been closed.