November 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Rock Band Turns 10

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 25
    @thatmarkguy He did contribute on My God is the Sun but I considered that when saying lack of Dave Grohl on the RB4 disc. Either My God is the Sun would be used yet again (not impossible given how often The Warrior has appeared) or The Feast and the Famine would be the disc pick meaning no Foo Fighters DLC spotlight. Total quantity of songs may be a problem, not sure but it's definitely more than the pre-70s week.
  • Now the dilemma: to include Ghost or not in that week.
  • Probably the only one here.. but a Grohl only week would be horrible for me as I really only like some of his project's works.
    Not to mention there would be very few songs... I prefer the weeks where we have over 400+ songs.
  • There’s even more evidence suggesting When You Were Young, namely a pack featuring it (could be multiple artists like the 90s pack or a Killers pack consisting of only songs from Sam’s Town and Day & Age). HMX said the 00s was split into 2 weeks because there was so much of it but if you look at the song distribution it’s still very unbalanced with 2006 being in the 2nd challenge which suggests a 2006 song is being bundled with songs from 2007-2009.

2000: 31
    2001: 44
    2002: 42
    2003: 59
    2004: 61
    2005: 66

2000 - 2005 total: 303

2006: 93
    2007: 95
    2008: 149
    2009: 132

2006 - 2009 total: 469

Turns out I was 2 songs out on the 2000-2005 total. Looking at the current challenge, the total song count is the same (303) but had 2 songs added (Beautiful, Drop It Like It's Hot) and 2 songs not included (Cheat on the Church, ShadowBang (Head))
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    10 years of Rock Band and yet only 1 DLC track by The Strokes.

I highly doubt we'll see them next week but I'd love it if we did.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    GLaDOS said:

10 years of Rock Band and yet only 1 DLC track by The Strokes.

I highly doubt we'll see them next week but I'd love it if we did.

I wouldn't say no to "You Only Live Once" (2006), but the songs I want most from The Strokes are early 2000's (Is This It album was released in 2001!)
  • Last Nite.

The one that would answer that mostly.

Someday, Juicebox, the one Memo mentioned, Taken for a Fool. You have several to choose from.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 27
    Rocksmith got a good selection of The Strokes:
    - Someday
    - Last Nite
    - Reptilia
    - 12:51
    - You Only Live Once
    - Juicebox
    - Under Cover of Darkness
    - Taken For a Fool
    GLaDOS said:

Here are my picks for the last two decade based weeks.

Late 00's:
    -That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings (Spotlight)
    -A-Punk - Vampire Weekend (Rewind)
    -Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap

2010's
    -Do I Wanna Know - Arctic Monkeys (Spotlight)
    -Church Bells - Carrie Underwood
    -The Emperor's New Clothes - Panic at the Disco

Oh man, if we got The Ting Tings finally next week I'd be so damn happy. Extremely surprised we don't already have the Arctic Monkeys song too, figured it'd be a lock for DLC soon after launch.
    I thought the same way about more Halestorm, that I Miss the Misery was a sign for at least Love Bites (So Do I). That said it took 20 months to get Paramore's Ain't It Fun so I haven't given up hope yet.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    I’m not a huge Strokes fan, but if there was an Is This It themed pack of Last Nite, Someday, and Hard to Explain, I’d be all over it
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    We’re getting Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked by Cage the Elephant.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    I'd lose it if we really did. They're long overdue, and their absence from the plastic instrument genre only leads me to believe they're unobtainable, no way that neither the people of Harmonix or Freestyle Games thought to go after "Ain't No Rest For The Wicked" or any of their other hits.

They're definitely one of the biggest and best names in rock right now.
  • If this is true, then hear's hoping we get Shake Me Down (My favorite song from Cage The Elephant) eventually. :)
  • Not huge on Cage but I will say they definitely need a pack in the game.
    I do enjoy a lot of stuff off their newest CD.
  • Well Amon Amarth wasn't what I had in mind but there's the metal.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Amon Amarth this week. Congrats you metalheads.
  • This week's DLC is:
    The Killers - "When You Were Young" (rewind)
    Amon Amarth - "Twilight of the Thunder God"

This discussion has been closed.