November 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Rock Band Turns 10

Comments

• kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    You guys aren't aiming very high...
  • I hope they release 10 songs the week of the 10th anniversary, even if it's 9 rewinds and 1 new song (which would be appropriate for looking back). It's not super likely, especially with the decades theme for Rivals, but the date of Johnny B. Goode's release and all the talk of scheduling in the stream makes me think they care deeply about the calendar when releasing DLC.
  • Hopefully we can get a song from Songs About Jane since it came out in 02 and would fit with the 2000-2005 week
  • Real World instead of Push personally.
  • Yeah i don't see the amount of dlc we get increasing on a weekly bases even with the anniversary. I do think we will see one or two larger packs maybe though. (we are talking like 6 packs at most.. not 12)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 25
    Push is probably about halfway down the list for me for Matchbox Twenty songs I want in RB. From most-wanted to least, I'd have to go:

Real World
    Long Day
    Unwell
    Push
    Bright Lights
    Back 2 Good
    Disease
    If You're Gone

Edit: Jeez Louise, I just realized I'd gladly take an 8-pack from Matchbox 20. That's not something I ever expected.
  • Yeah i don't see the amount of dlc we get increasing on a weekly bases even with the anniversary. I do think we will see one or two larger packs maybe though. (we are talking like 6 packs at most.. not 12)

I think we may get our annual large pack on Christmas week (maybe Aerosmith Hits 04) especially as season 3 is over but outside of that, maximum pack size of 3 seems most realistic.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Matchbox 20 not one of my preferred bands but I would want “Push” if anything. I might get “3 am” one day but further down my wishlist.

I think we may get our annual large pack on Christmas week (maybe Aerosmith Hits 04) especially as season 3 is over but outside of that, maximum pack size of 3 seems most realistic.
    Agreed.

As for Aerosmith 4 i'd hope it has: (I've pretty much got everything else by them I want)
    Same Old Song And Dance
    Last Child
    Lightning Strikes
    Pink
    Jaded
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    For the 5 year anniversary we got 6 different songs from 6 decades:

Available: November 20, 2012
    The Band - "The Weight (live)"
    The Allman Brothers Band - "Jessica"
    Modern English - "I Melt With You"
    Nine Inch Nails - "Closer"
    Crossface - "Cold"
    Dragonforce - "Cry Thunder"

Could we get something similar for the 10th anniversary? I don't think "even bigger!" is realistic, but "just as big": maybe
  • I hope if we get another big pack to end the year its not Aerosmith, I know its turned into what Queen was for a few years with big packs, but I wish it could be another artist thats underrepresented.
  • Don't hit me with disagrees but if we get a large pack there is one band that kind of screams for it at this point and it could sell really really well

Imagine Dragons
  • KKFan5 said:

Don't hit me with disagrees but if we get a large pack there is one band that kind of screams for it at this point and it could sell really really well

Imagine Dragons

As much as I'd hate that week, it would sell really well.
    edited October 25
    Yeah what wings 'o' steel said... what are we supposed to do after imagining dragons?

Oh I get it! Dragons is a reference to Tolkien's work.

You're talking about Led Zeppelin. I guess they could qualify for a large pack. Maybe 3 songs at the most. But who's to say we would ever get them? Guitar Hero maybe... but not this game.

• Having new Aerosmith DLC occur annually would be fantastic, especially as it would make up for the GH exclusivity that took up most of last gen. A lot of people here remember the damage GH did to hopes for career spanning Metallica.

A lot of people here remember the damage GH did to hopes for career spanning Metallica.

I don't remember... what now?
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited October 25

Having new Aerosmith DLC occur annually would be fantastic, especially as it would make up for the GH exclusivity that took up most of last gen. A lot of people here remember the damage GH did to hopes for career spanning Metallica.

Because people forget Harmonix is from Boston, right? :p
  • Given the Boston connection, I wish we'd get some Bleu. I'm sure he wouldn't be a big seller, though. Probably not even a small one. Maybe he could be worked into the free stuff.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited October 25
    TheStuddz said:

Push is probably about halfway down the list for me for Matchbox Twenty songs I want in RB.

You guys keep talking about what other Matchbox 20 songs from the mid-90s you’d rather get instead of “Push”, I’ll talk about what “Push” from the mid-90s I’drather get instead of Matchbox 20’s.

Namely, “Push” by Moist.

It’s what I want
    It’s what I need
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    I'm not really into Pop, esp modern pop, but would welcome Imagine Dragons, go figure. Enjoy the two songs we have and Believer and Thunder would be great, probably others I am not thinking of but that I have heard at some point.
  • edited October 25

TheStuddz said:

Push is probably about halfway down the list for me for Matchbox Twenty songs I want in RB.

You guys keep talking about what other Matchbox 20 songs from the mid-90s you’d rather get instead of “Push”, I’ll talk about what “Push” from the mid-90s I’drather get instead of Matchbox 20’s.

Namely, “Push” by Moist.

It’s what I want
    It’s what I need
    Push by The Cure for me (though not mid-'90s).
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited October 25

Yeah i don't see the amount of dlc we get increasing on a weekly bases even with the anniversary. I do think we will see one or two larger packs maybe though. (we are talking like 6 packs at most.. not 12)

Agreed.

As for Aerosmith 4 i'd hope it has: (I've pretty much got everything else by them I want)
    Same Old Song And Dance
    Last Child
    Lightning Strikes
    Pink
    Jaded
    Sorely lacking The Other Side and What it Takes. Take out Lightning Strikes and add those if it's another 6 pack and that's pretty much all their hits.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited October 25

Having new Aerosmith DLC occur annually would be fantastic, especially as it would make up for the GH exclusivity that took up most of last gen. A lot of people here remember the damage GH did to hopes for career spanning Metallica.

I think we have more than enough Aerosmith DLC for now... how about we go back to U2 or Van Halen or some other band
    I disagree we have enough Aerosmith as they have at least 6 clear big songs left, but I do agree I wouldn't mind seeing more of those bands first.

That said it seems Aerosmith is willing to play ball and I'm guessing something (licensing costs?) is a hang up with the others.
  • TheStuddz said:

Namely, “Push” by Moist.

It’s what I want
    It’s what I need
    Push by The Cure for me (though not mid-'90s).
    Such a great song !!
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior

I think we have more than enough Aerosmith DLC for now... how about we go back to U2 or Van Halen or some other band
    I agree with this also because U2 and Van Halen are much better bands than Aerosmith
    edited October 26
    hiimSMAP said:

I agree with this also because U2 and Van Halen are much better bands than Aerosmith
    Ok... fair assessment. But how about a harder question...

Who would you rather have in a royal rumble?

Steven Tyler

or

Fake Steven Tyler

Now before you say the logical answer of Steven Tyler remember, Fake Steven Tyler just doesn't quit.