October 24th Roadmap

kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
edited October 31 in Rock Band
If you want to watch the Roadmap video, click here: Official Twitch Stream

Rivals Improvements:
Crews can be made public or private for easier accessibility to new members. (November)

UI Improvements:
Harmonies now have different colors and better appearance to signify unison parts. (November)

Arrows are shaped/colored differently and there's a more clear trim of whatever color tube you're going through (plus, when they're all doing the same line, they slot together into a cool feathered arrow-looking thing). -HMXOwl

Online Quickplay Improvements:
Matchmaking is being looked at in sort of a lobby system way. This may change but whatever comes will help get players into online sessions much quicker than just finding your own friends to play with. (Early 2018)

Season 3 starts October 26th:
Full on suit jackets will be rewards for season 3.

Season 3 Spotlight Pass goes on sale October 26th. 8 weeks for 8 total songs at $13.49

Seasons going forward will offer complimentary outfit items. I.e. this season is jackets, next season might be matching pants or helmets etc.

Season 3 is based on decades of Rock and the DLC will match each week. However, one week is unaccounted for...

Early November DLC is as follows:

Foghat - Slow Ride
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Bad Reputation (Rewind)
Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated (Rewind)
Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun
Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music

DLC Entitlement updates:
On-going issues still rest in the hands of the third parties (Microsoft, Sony). Harmonix is working on it every day. Trust me, Daniel got a little flustered. ;)

Score Duel:
Don't want to draw from the well of the past, but also would like to bring forward great ideas. - Paraphrasing from Daniel Sussman

However, Harmonix is looking at a head to head competitive mode in 2018.

Character Creator:
Harmonix did the best they could given the resources they had/have in regards to the current feature. There is a development initiative to continue to take a look if not revamp this feature in the future. There is a financial side to this that may end up restricting it until an idea sticks. In other words, don't count it as part of the road map but also don't think it's dead.

Stage Kit Support:
Don't...keep...your...hopes...up. - Daniel Sussman

Overall:
Absolutely fantastic stream and the future of Rock Band is looking very awesome. There were some things teased, especially in regards to future (November, December) DLC. Rock Band is just as supported today as it was when it launched. Don't expect this game to go anywhere anytime soon.

Let's Rock \m/

P.S. Also, Loot Boxes will not be coming to the game ever anytime soon. ;)

Comments

• LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    Strike another KDST song off the list!
  • Online Quickplay Improvements:
    Matchmaking is being looked at in sort of a lobby system way. This may change but whatever comes will help get players into online sessions much quicker than just finding your own friends to play with. (Early 2018)

So server browser, old PC games style?
  • Tbh really pleased with stream, they were so secretative and did not want to use the word matchmaking at all, some great dlc coming plus I think there will be a few special dlc s for the anniversary.
    It’s safe to say the game ain’t going anywhere fo the next 12 months !!
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited October 24
    Lootboxes not in here: good.

Anytime soon, though...Be careful with the wording there, guys.

(Music games are the LAST place those things need to be anywhere near)
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited October 24
    Thanks for annotating this. I forgot to watch until the last 5 or 10 minutes.

Character Creator:
    Harmonix did that best they could given the resources they had/have in regards to the current feature. There is a development initiative to continue to take a look if not revamp this feature in the future. There is a financial side to this that may end up restricting it until an idea sticks. In other words, don't count it as part of the road map but also don't think it's dead.

I applaud them for experimenting, but I still think they'd get the most mileage out of the existing creator by just adding a few more "body types" and adapting the existing heads and clothes to work with them. I don't need a weight slider, but a "chunky" or "buff" body type in addition to the existing ones would let me add some variety to the band, especially if the extra body types were more or less gender-neutral.
  • SmashMan said:

Appreciate them providing the info, but as someone who isn't an online RB player and who is more than a little bored of the Rivals focus (not much of a competitive RB player, so my interest had a ceiling eventually) this stream didn't offer much, if anything, to really get me excited about the game again.

I'm kinda with you.. I don't really do the whole Rivals Mode thing, and I'm not into playing online.. So I wasn't overly excited about the "roadmap." The good news is the November DLC looks outstanding.. At this point, RB doesn't need to do a whole ton more for me to stay interested - I just need a steady stream of great DLC and I'll keep paying and playing.
  • @kal_el_0724 Thanks for summarizing this. I missed part of the livestream and haven't seen a blog post from Harmonix about this yet.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited October 25
    UI Improvements:
    Harmonies now have different colors and better appearance to signify unison parts. (November)

Only been wanting that since forever. Yay!

Also I prefer lobbies (hopefully with some way to chat and maybe custom rooms if they can pull that off) to just completely random matchmaking. It'd be nice to get straight to people with similar dlc, playstyles, and make sure you don't overlap instruments, etc.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    coolio!
  • So no love for left-handed pro-drummers?

No pit stop or slight detour off the road that shows when the lefty flip glitch will be fixed?

Why am I not surprised?
  • Character Creator:
    Harmonix did the best they could given the resources they had/have in regards to the current feature. There is a development initiative to continue to take a look if not revamp this feature in the future. There is a financial side to this that may end up restricting it until an idea sticks. In other words, don't count it as part of the road map but also don't think it's dead.

The character creator is something that would be acceptable in a game for the original Xbox. If that is the best they could what the hell.

Rest of the roadmap means nothing to me, I have played the game series since the start offline with my close friend, we will continue doing so.
  • MRCODMANMRCODMAN Unsigned
    All I want is quickplay lobbies available, I have not played this game in months if multiplayer lobbies come back I will play and start buying DLC again. There are some decent DLC in the last few months but I can't bring myself to buying it until they bring back multiplayer, Score duel would be awesome.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    MRCODMAN said:

All I want is quickplay lobbies available, I have not played this game in months if multiplayer lobbies come back I will play and start buying DLC again.

Coming early next year. ;)
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    As someone who doesn't play online or play competitively this roadmap was a bust aside from the music. I hope we get announcement for next paid expansion and it has stuff for those of us that don't do those things.
  • I greatly welcome the harmonies UI changes. It was the main complaint when I had friends who don't normally play Rock Band try to sing together.

Otherwise I just want good music. I haven't bought anything in over a month when I used to buy one song almost every week. It seems we are getting some "classics" but for me it's not songs I would want to play in Rock Band over and over again. At this point it seems the artists I'm looking for that would get me excited again would have been in the game already if they could have been, but I can always hold out hope I suppose as there has been some surprises.
  • This stream was underwhelming for me. The big announcement was that seasons is to continue..... So just another status quo.

I do appreciate the transparency about score duels and the stage kit. A definitive "no" is 1000 times better than "it's on the mythical list" and never shows up.

I have to agree with Vlad above. All of the issues that I have had with rivals and Rock Band have been ignored/not fixed. Some of those are cosmetic and I can deal with (sorting by rivals songs etc.), but some are fundamentals to rivals that are glaring issues (tiebreakers, xp shenanigans etc.) that have affected the outcome of rivals. I guess that last part is a moot point anyways, since there is no announcement or recognition of those who have played the rivals game and have come out at the top.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    the 3 *new* DLC songs sound like the most exciting part of the announcements.

random online matchmaking (if that's what they were actually talking about) would be exciting too, but it's too vague to even know if that's coming or not, and let's face it, we're still waiting on a number of promises from initial launch to yet be fulfilled (looking at all that DLC i STILL can't play over 2 years after the game was launched).
    tnevaker said:

random online matchmaking (if that's what they were actually talking about) would be exciting too, but it's too vague to even know if that's coming or not, and let's face it, we're still waiting on a number of promises from initial launch to yet be fulfilled (looking at all that DLC i STILL can't play over 2 years after the game was launched).

Random online matchmaking more than likely won't be a thing. A lobby type system for finding online players with potentially stats to show their library sizes and skill level is the more than likely method. Either way, something is dropping early in 2018 to finally help in this regard.

They're still actively working with third parties to finally end all entitlements. Just more patience is needed.

The one big take away from the live stream that I am most excited for in the near future is the 10th anniversary of Rock Band. Daniel stopped himself short of what is coming and he hinted at something pretty spectacular. In fact, the way he passionately worded it in regards to "respect to Rock Band 1", he had me almost in tears.

I'm not going to tell you to board the hype train per se... I'm just telling you this time it's a very fast locomotive that will be taking all of us for a nice ride. :)
  • That train will keep a-rollin' all night long, you might say ;)

That train will keep a-rollin' all night long, you might say ;)

Just no fake Steven Tyler.
  • That train will keep a-rollin' all night long, you might say ;)

Just no fake Steven Tyler.
    No, it'll be the real deal instead.
  • Happy to see online being addressed, but still would rather see more instruments per console and a Rivals filter. I'm also happy to see them talk about the character creator, and their reasons are understandable. My brother will be very excited to see head to head competition returning and I myself am excited to see the Rivals themes focus on decades of rock, even if it means I may not have many songs this week. But judging by the dlc, I'm going to love '70's week, yay "Slow Ride"! Thank you for sharing this information. :)
  • I'll be honest and say that I may never use the lobby system (or matchmaking for that matter if that does come) but i'm happy to see my vote for it counted so others have a better online experience. (I mostly play with my crew, which now is very little online play due to busy lives)
    With that said, I was hoping for more enhancements to the sorting process. Album Headers ( i still don't get why this was taken out.. makes no sense to me), A way for it to show only rival-challenge songs for that week in quickplay/online quickplay (online especially since it likes to not load the icons).

Overall not the most pleasing personally but, decent roadmap.

I will also say that these new DLC songs are awesome as hell though.
  • My brother will be very excited to see head to head competition returning

That is not a thing, which I hope I'm telling you before you tell him. "We all have things we'd like to do," is not, "We're doing this." It's just noting we're human beings like everyone else, with opinions and grumblings about not enough time in the day.
  • tnevaker said:

Random online matchmaking more than likely won't be a thing. A lobby type system for finding online players with potentially stats to show their library sizes and skill level is the more than likely method. Either way, something is dropping early in 2018 to finally help in this regard.

They're still actively working with third parties to finally end all entitlements. Just more patience is needed.

The one big take away from the live stream that I am most excited for in the near future is the 10th anniversary of Rock Band. Daniel stopped himself short of what is coming and he hinted at something pretty spectacular. In fact, the way he passionately worded it in regards to "respect to Rock Band 1", he had me almost in tears.

I'm not going to tell you to board the hype train per se... I'm just telling you this time it's a very fast locomotive that will be taking all of us for a nice ride. :)
    Idk - I didn’t get the impression from the live stream that something “spectacular” was coming in regards to the 10th anniversary.. Did they use that word?

I watched the whole thing and didn’t get the feeling that I’m gonna get my socks knocked off..