October 24th Roadmap

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited October 26
    The character creation options are realllly far down on the list of priorities for me, but even I was surprised that there was (basically) only one model, and it was super-skinny. I can easily believe that changing the animation model would mean starting much of the game design over from scratch, and that's a non-starter. Go ahead and yell at them for putting the game in that position in the first place, but what's done is done. I would have liked for them to have ripped the Band-Aid off right away, tell us loudly and clearly, "no, it won't be changed in the future". Some people would have been even more frustrated at first (furious!) to have this broken to them right after the game launched, but then they wouldn't have spent years afterwards thinking that the programmers would eventually get around to adding many more character design options.

• braves22braves22 Opening Act
    Because why doesn't everyone want their character to look like they haven't eaten for days and are on meth...
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 26
    For those who didn't want to rewatch on Twitch, HMX uploaded the Roadmap stream to YouTube.

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited October 26
    Thanks for posting - I think. Just watching the first five minutes of it, I am less convinced than ever that we are in the right hands, lol

I will continue on, maybe they are better behind the computer than in front of a camera :)

Omg, made it through 10 minutes now, I know it is a stream but not an ounce of professionalism, no one is prepared, no wonder it is an hour long. I am sure it could have been done in 10-20 minutes without all the filler.
  • djb5f1 said:

Thanks for posting - I think. Just watching the first five minutes of it, I am less convinced than ever that we are in the right hands, lol

I will continue on, maybe they are better behind the computer than in front of a camera :)

Omg, made it through 10 minutes now, I know it is a stream but not an ounce of professionalism, no one is prepared, no wonder it is an hour long. I am sure it could have been done in 10-20 minutes without all the filler.

I watched the first 10 min yesterday and had to stop. I figured i'd just save time and read the bullet points on here.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    I wish I'd have waited for the YT upload. Took me about 3 hours to watch on twitch because it kept pausing every minute.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    braves22 said:

Because why doesn't everyone want their character to look like they haven't eaten for days and are on meth...

How can they go anywhere to get food on those tiny, tiny feet they have?
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    I tried to watch the video... definitely easier to read the roadmap.

Gotta say though, I loved that giant circular light/orb/portal looking thing (next to the Harmonix logo) that was on the back wall in the video... I wish I could buy one of those for my home!
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited October 27
    Skynyrd45 said:

@iammaxhailme It's the 4 minute version.

Well that's disappointing. :(
    Even more disappointing is the weird ending they've created because of the lack of separated stems. I like the ending to the GH3 version which is almost the same as the ending to the 8 minute version, but I guess that because the long version wasn't licensed, they can't use it :(

My RB3 character looks pretty darn similar to me.. My RB4 character - not so much.. But it’s not something I or anyone else I play with care about too much.. Id rather resources go elsewhere - like more DLC :)

And that's just it... at the end of the day the most important factor with this game is and will always be the music.
    To a point. If I couldn't have created my own character for the fantasy, I would have stopped playing rock band years ago. I would have tried it, thought fun game, and moved on. And that would have been a dealbreaker for 4. If there had been no character creator I would not have bought it.

Yeah, because while it may seem miniscule to some, that was part of my drawback from Guitar Hero (in that aspect) because they had crap prefab characters that were quite worthless to me --- oh, just a tidbit, Sussman worked on those projects too
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Your attempts to suggest Sussman is responsible for everything wrong with the Rock Band franchise has been noted. Now speak not of it again in these parts, because that way madness lies.
    LoopyChew said:

Your attempts to suggest Sussman is responsible for everything wrong with the Rock Band franchise has been noted. Now speak not of it again in these parts, because that way madness lies.

The guy outed himself...not a whole lot more that has to be said to hammer that home
  • edited October 27

My RB3 character looks pretty darn similar to me.. My RB4 character - not so much.. But it’s not something I or anyone else I play with care about too much.. Id rather resources go elsewhere - like more DLC :)

And that's just it... at the end of the day the most important factor with this game is and will always be the music.
    To a point. If I couldn't have created my own character for the fantasy, I would have stopped playing rock band years ago. I would have tried it, thought fun game, and moved on. And that would have been a dealbreaker for 4. If there had been no character creator I would not have bought it.

This.
    If you take out the start a band rock the world you have a reaction game where you push buttons while music plays along. To me that is just stupid. I will never be a rockstar, I am a military man but since I was a kid I wanted to be playing bass for Metallica like Cliff Burton. If this game doesnt want to give me a chance to roleplay that I have other hobbies.
  • V8VANTAGE said:

Skynyrd45 said:

Even more disappointing is the weird ending they've created because of the lack of separated stems. I like the ending to the GH3 version which is almost the same as the ending to the 8 minute version, but I guess that because the long version wasn't licensed, they can't use it :(
    Is there a vid of the chart somewhere?
  • JonathanH said:

This.
    If you take out the start a band rock the world you have a reaction game where you push buttons while music plays along. To me that is just stupid. I will never be a rockstar, I am a military man but since I was a kid I wanted to be playing bass for Metallica like Cliff Burton. If this game doesnt want to give me a chance to roleplay that I have other hobbies.
    Different strokes.
    Character creators are neat, but they take a huge backseat for me.. Me actually standing up and playing the game in my basement IS the role-play for me.. During gameplay I hardly recognize the characters on screen at all.. So I never really minded playing made-up characters in the old GH games - they were largely just as fun.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    V8VANTAGE said:

Skynyrd45 said:

The GH3 version was a cover.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    tdc002 said:

V8VANTAGE said:

Skynyrd45 said:

The GH3 version was a cover.
    I know :) I was just saying the ending that the cover version on GH3 had was very similar to the real songs 8 minute version ending.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    I know HMX reads these boards and yet this goes unaddressed or commented on......

Online Quickplay Improvements:
    Please, PLEASE, focus on the one-player-per-console limitation in SOMP first! This is the whole reason I don't play SOMP, generally I have my girlfriend at my house, and we want to play online, together, with friends. If this limitation can't be fixed, or is too expensive, please acknowledge that and explain! It's frustrating to watch you discuss SOMP changes on the livestream and never even acknowledge the issue at all. From browsing the forums over the last few months, it's clear that this is the most important issue, and biggest limitation in SOMP for most players.

• AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    braves22 said:

I guess he's never heard of Road to the Show or MyCareer modes in the MLB and NBA franchises that have been a complete homerun or slam dunk if you will.

These types of features are very expensive to develop. It's unrealistic to compare the sports genre, which is evergreen, to rhythm gaming, which is very much a niche genre at this point.

• abz999abz999 Unsigned
    Any news on hardware in the stream? Still cant get any new instruments outside the US which is quite important when playing Rock Band :#
    Today it looks like we get the first update. Hopefully its a good one with some great positive response.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    Still no static vocals option. I know it wasn't mentioned, but I still look for it every update.

Oh well. :|
    I am still pretty stoked about the changes to vocal highways, esp in harmonies...hope it doesn't leave me underwhelmed...

You're right though...would love to see Static back at least as an option....Thats pretty high on my list with 'Band Leader' as an option as well

(As I know we probably can't get a separated secondary highway for backup vocalists)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited November 15
    I wasn't really sure where to post this but since the question is about something discussed during the road map...

How do we switch our Rivals crew settings to open? I wanna let more people into our crew but I don't know how! The world is currently at a disservice, and I gotta give the people what they want!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    You need to get to the "EDIT CREW" page. You can get there from the main rivals crew screen (Hold Square, on PS4 Vox controller), or from the "Crew Roster" screen (where it's simply press-Square).

As I understand it, only a crew leader can access this, not other admin-level crew members.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal

You need to get to the "EDIT CREW" page. You can get there from the main rivals crew screen (Hold Square, on PS4 Vox controller), or from the "Crew Roster" screen (where it's simply press-Square).

As I understand it, only a crew leader can access this, not other admin-level crew members.

Ah okay, one of my fellow crew members thought both admins and leaders could access it. I'll have to contact our leader then!

Thanks TMG!