DLC Discussion Thread: Solid '70s Pack 02

Comments

• Just as I expected, entitlements for spotlight pass return to being a mess for at least 1 platform. I get the feeling it's going to be like this every time there's a new pack.
  • Graffin said:

Okay, I own the Spotlight Season Pass, but isn't Play That Funky Music meant to show up as FREE for me?

(PS4, in Australia)

What's it look like searching from your console (not in-game)?
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited November 1
    HMXOwl said:

Graffin said:

Okay, I own the Spotlight Season Pass, but isn't Play That Funky Music meant to show up as FREE for me?

(PS4, in Australia)

It's not FREE on the console either. Even tried Restoring Licenses (it worked fine for the Chuck Berry song last week). I Wanna Be Sedated shows as Purchased as I got it with the RB3 Export.

• Looks fine on our side, so I guess take a glance again in a few hours and let us know if it's the same.
    edited November 1
    HMXOwl said:

Looks fine on our side, so I guess take a glance again in a few hours and let us know if it's the same.

Thanks, will do!

Edit: Still broken at 4am my time. Checked the UK and German PSN Stores and this weeks DLC hasn't appeared there yet, so hopefully it'll be fixed later today... time for me to get some zzz's anyway!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    HMXOwl said:

Graffin said:

(PS4, in Australia)

As I'm in North America so I haven't yet seen if we have this problem too, I can vouch that when I have the spotlight pass, new tracks in it appear as free in the webstore. I don't need to use the console storefront to get a spotlight track recognized as free, I've been able to free-buy and push it to my console from webstore.
  • HMXOwl said:

Graffin said:

(PS4, in Australia)

As I'm in North America so I haven't yet seen if we have this problem too, I can vouch that when I have the spotlight pass, new tracks in it appear as free in the webstore. I don't need to use the console storefront to get a spotlight track recognized as free, I've been able to free-buy and push it to my console from webstore.
    Yup, I'm just doing troubleshooting questions passed to me by the DLC team.

HMXOwl said:

Graffin said:

(PS4, in Australia)

Had absolutely no problems with the Season 2 Pass songs appearing FREE each and every week (I know SIEA and XBOX users had some issues)... this is the first one that hasn't appeared FREE for me.

Will have to wait for other SIEE users to confirm whether they too are having the same problem or if there's something glitchy happening with my account.
  • I'm back baby!

And had no problem last week, so I'll keep an eye out tomorrow.
  • @HMXOwl I have a question regarding the week of Thanksgiving.

Are we're getting DLC on that week in question? If so, then will it be coming before Thanksgiving?
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned

@HMXOwl I have a question regarding the week of Thanksgiving.

Are we're getting DLC on that week in question? If so, then will it be coming before Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving is in the middle of this season and we have a active Season Pass so there has to be DLC that week.
  • @HMXOwl I have a question regarding the week of Thanksgiving.

Likely to be moved to Wednesday.
  • Judging from last year, it'll likely be Tuesday as Hymn For the Weekend, Still Breathing and 24K Magic came out on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving meanwhile the Avril Lavigne pack and the 80s singles before that week came out on a Thursday.

If any week of the rest of the year has no DLC, it'll be Christmas (and possibly New Year) week due to the gap between seasons.
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    Graffin said:

HMXOwl said:

Graffin said:

(PS4, in Australia)

Had absolutely no problems with the Season 2 Pass songs appearing FREE each and every week (I know SIEA and XBOX users had some issues)... this is the first one that hasn't appeared FREE for me.

Will have to wait for other SIEE users to confirm whether they too are having the same problem or if there's something glitchy happening with my account.
    'Play That Funky Music' is not showing up as FREE for me either and I bought the Season Pass. (SIEE, Finland)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Foghat is right up my alley, but I'm not 100% sure that I'll buy this version (shorter than hoped for, and it doesn't use full stems). But: maybe!

I bought the spotlight pass and that includes "Funky Music" [be patient, Australia] and that's just fine by me.

• Another DLC Spotlight Song that I already owned (Picked up Killer Queen before it was announced as a Spotlight), which means, Play That Funky Music will be the sole song I'll be getting this week.

And now at last, all of the 1970s On-Disc songs has been used as a Spotlight. Only 13 On-Discs left to use.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 2
    Oh, already posted. Anyway the choice to use A Passage to Bangkok likely means the 90s challenge will either have All Over You or Little Miss Can't Be Wrong as the disc spotlight. After those 2, all the remaining unused "free" songs are 10s.
  • edited November 2
    @grumblevolcano It also means that the Season Pass Song for 2010s Week will less likely be Headlong Flight, a song from Rush that most of the community wanted as DLC. (Haven't gotten the chance to listen to it myself, but I will, eventually).
  • Im siee and have the spotlight pass and i can confirm play that funky music has a price on it not free, no problems with johnny b. goode
    g-money25 said:

Im siee and have the spotlight pass and i can confirm play that funky music has a price on it not free, no problems with johnny b. goode

Yeah, it’s still broken for me as well.

This is just a guess, but anyone in SIEE regions who bought the Season Pass last week will probably find they don’t get Play That Funky Music for FREE.

It may be the case that SIEE fixed it a few days after release so anyone that buys it now will get the song for FREE.

I don’t know, but it’s definitely not working for me, and I’m not paying $2.95 for it.

If this is what it’s going to be like, it’s not worth the cost or stress in buying the Season Pass just to save a couple of dollars.

I hope it gets fixed!

:disappointed:
  • CroqCroq Opening Act
    edited November 2
    Has it been revealed if we will be getting the album version of "Slow Ride" or the shorter single?
    edited November 2

Foghat is right up my alley, but I'm not 100% sure that I'll buy this version (shorter than hoped for, and it doesn't use full stems). But: maybe!

I bought the spotlight pass and that includes "Funky Music" [be patient, Australia] and that's just fine by me.

Did you buy it on the PS4, and are you in AU/NZ/EU/UK (a SIEE region)?

I'm pretty sure the entitlement's messed up on it. Season Pass owners aren't getting the song for FREE.
  • The DLC isn't up yet on XB1 despite being midnight eastern time and also no entitlement for Play That Funky Music for spotlight pass owners. The same thing happened last season week 2.
  • Croq said:

Has it been revealed if we will be getting the album version of "Slow Ride" or the shorter single?

Shorter single.
    They showed the charts on the stream last week :)

And so happy to see a Queen Spotlight!

• CroqCroq Opening Act

Croq said:

Shorter single.
    That's unfortunate, but not surprising. I'll probably still pick it up.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Graffin said:

Did you buy it on the PS4, and are you in AU/NZ/EU/UK (a SIEE region)?

I'm pretty sure the entitlement's messed up on it. Season Pass owners aren't getting the song for FREE.
    No, I am not in Australia, and all reports are that it's still not working there, so it looks like patience did not pay off. I was wrong!
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    rbdbonline is showing the length of Slow Ride as 8:14. Guess they didn't get the memo.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited November 2
    djb5f1 said:

rbdbonline is showing the length of Slow Ride as 8:14. Guess they didn't get the memo.

rbdb has been especially prone lately to populate best-guess info early before details are known, and then never get around to fixing the inaccuracies. It still lists "Heat of the Moment", "Burnin' For You" and "Johnny B Goode" as having freestyle guitar solos, when they do not.
  • abz999abz999 Unsigned
    Thanks! I'll pickup at least the Ramones
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    'Play That Funky Music" is now showing up as FREE for SIEE Spotlight Pass owners.