DLC Discussion Thread: Solid '70s Pack 02

124

Comments

  • The more you know then
  • edited November 3

    Is there anywhere we can listen to this song prior? Can't seem to find it.

    Unless it's a new version for the switch, the soundtrack to the original Beat Sports is on bandcamp
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

    We've gotten 7 free songs this year including this (assuming you bought Rivals); which is pretty amazing though.

    Doesn't this make 19?

    We've gotten (this will make) 7 downloadables, and another 11+1 in patches (SOMP in January and the indie Boston "Beast" 11 in March).
  • @WoodenGlory They did, just a few months after launch rather than the week after launch (speed fighter was Valentines 2016 DLC).

    That wasn't a song FROM the game, it was by the same artist that did the in-game music. Splitting hairs really.
    It is in the game though.
    Ok, now I get it.
  • SmashMan said:

    Is there anywhere we can listen to this song prior? Can't seem to find it.

    Unless it's a new version for the switch, the soundtrack to the original Beat Sports is on bandcamp
    And for people who just like clickin' on things and not searchin' for things:

    https://harmonix.bandcamp.com/album/beat-sports-original-soundtrack
    Ah i was searching for it but I was doubt and didn't think to type in "Soundtrack" i was typing in the song title lol
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Oh man, this sounds like it'll be a blast in RB. I'm betting it'll have pretty high guitar and drum tiers (especially if we're playing that fast snaking keys riff on guitar). Despite its obscurity, I loved playing "speed fighter" so I have high hopes for this one as well!
  • SmashMan said:

    Is there anywhere we can listen to this song prior? Can't seem to find it.

    Unless it's a new version for the switch, the soundtrack to the original Beat Sports is on bandcamp
    And for people who just like clickin' on things and not searchin' for things:

    https://harmonix.bandcamp.com/album/beat-sports-original-soundtrack
    Nice, the soundtrack is pretty great! Good to see I can download it legally
  • Still no S.O.M.P. mp3 available though?
  • Of the hard to find RB4 era songs, this seems to be the way to get them.
    - Recession: Had to back Amplitude 2016, don't know if you can get it anywhere now?
    - Bad Catholics: The Barbazons Bandcamp
    - speed fighter: Harmonix Bandcamp
    - S.O.M.P: ?
    - The 2 Permaband songs: ?
    - Black Seas: Arctic Horror Bandcamp
    - (You're) Breaking Up: The Black Cheers Bandcamp
    - Big Baoz Battle: Harmonix Bandcamp

    Everything else I think is available at the usual places like iTunes.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 4
    One thing I've noticed is that while Solid '70s Pack 02 is on XB1, it doesn't come with anything if you buy it as there's no "In this bundle" section.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited November 4
    In terms of streaming, "Recession" and the two Permaband songs are on YouTube and SoundCloud. But nope, not a single release of "S.O.M.P." anywhere (outside of RB gameplay videos). It's like "V-Bomb", which took 10 months after RB4 to get an official release, except this is taking even longer (if ever).
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited November 4

    Of the hard to find RB4 era songs, this seems to be the way to get them.
    - Recession: Had to back Amplitude 2016, don't know if you can get it anywhere now?
    - Bad Catholics: The Barbazons Bandcamp
    - speed fighter: Harmonix Bandcamp
    - S.O.M.P: ?
    - The 2 Permaband songs: ?
    - Black Seas: Arctic Horror Bandcamp
    - (You're) Breaking Up: The Black Cheers Bandcamp
    - Big Baoz Battle: Harmonix Bandcamp

    Everything else I think is available at the usual places like iTunes.

    The Permaband songs are on CCPGame's Soundcloud
  • HMXOwl said:

    HMXOwl said:

    DLC Week of 11/02: Solid '70s Pack 02!

    There’s more to the ‘70s than just disco music. We’re bringing revolutionary songs this week that are hard rock, punk, and funk!

    Named the 45th Best Hard Rock Song of All Time by VH1, “Slow Ride” is a single by British rock band Foghat. Drums open the song with pulsing hits on the offbeat, then the guitar kicks in with a distorted blues riff. The electric slide technique coupled with the tone of the lead vocals gives this song true grit. This song isn’t a slow ride by any means, it alternates between verses, chorus and powerful instrumental breaks with a ton of action in-between. The guitar and bass fly through the song with fills and accents when they can, with an eventual duet and the drums switch between several patterns from a rock beat to a back beat pattern and more.

    Another style of rock music that exploded in the 1970s was punk rock and Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee, and Marky Ramone were at the epicenter. “I Wanna Be Sedated” is a single from Ramones’ fourth studio album Road to Ruin, one of their best known songs and a Rock Band favorite. Rolling Stone named it one of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time and NPR included it in the "NPR 100”, a list to determine the 100 most important American musical works of the 20th century. The song has been used in countless films and television shows, and has been covered by dozens of established artists as well as the countless up-and-coming garage rockers. The fast rhythm changes create the bop feeling to the song that’s so much fun to play.

    Shifting to an incredible song from Wild Cherry, “Play That Funky Music” was released in 1976 where it immediately went to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot Soul Singles chart as well as topping the charts globally. Its popularity is no surprise, being a textbook funk and party song - as soon as the main guitar riff drops, you know you get pumped. This song will prove just as much fun to play as it is to dance to. Between the syncopated guitar parts and main riff, the rhythm section stays locked in a tight groove while the vocal part does its thing over the verse. Everyone can jump in on vocals and belt out the chorus.

    Solid ‘70s Pack 02 will be available for $5.49. Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99 each. The Rock Band Rivals Season 3 Spotlight Pass can be purchased for $13.49.

    • Foghat - "Slow Ride"
    • Ramones - "I Wanna Be Sedated"
    • Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music" (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 3 Spotlight Pass)












    * Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, November 2nd.
    Too bad I bought the pack and got totally different songs. None of which were 70s songs. Never buying anything from harmonix again.
  • HMXOwl said:

    HMXOwl said:

    DLC Week of 11/02: Solid '70s Pack 02!

    There’s more to the ‘70s than just disco music. We’re bringing revolutionary songs this week that are hard rock, punk, and funk!

    Named the 45th Best Hard Rock Song of All Time by VH1, “Slow Ride” is a single by British rock band Foghat. Drums open the song with pulsing hits on the offbeat, then the guitar kicks in with a distorted blues riff. The electric slide technique coupled with the tone of the lead vocals gives this song true grit. This song isn’t a slow ride by any means, it alternates between verses, chorus and powerful instrumental breaks with a ton of action in-between. The guitar and bass fly through the song with fills and accents when they can, with an eventual duet and the drums switch between several patterns from a rock beat to a back beat pattern and more.

    Another style of rock music that exploded in the 1970s was punk rock and Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee, and Marky Ramone were at the epicenter. “I Wanna Be Sedated” is a single from Ramones’ fourth studio album Road to Ruin, one of their best known songs and a Rock Band favorite. Rolling Stone named it one of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time and NPR included it in the "NPR 100”, a list to determine the 100 most important American musical works of the 20th century. The song has been used in countless films and television shows, and has been covered by dozens of established artists as well as the countless up-and-coming garage rockers. The fast rhythm changes create the bop feeling to the song that’s so much fun to play.

    Shifting to an incredible song from Wild Cherry, “Play That Funky Music” was released in 1976 where it immediately went to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot Soul Singles chart as well as topping the charts globally. Its popularity is no surprise, being a textbook funk and party song - as soon as the main guitar riff drops, you know you get pumped. This song will prove just as much fun to play as it is to dance to. Between the syncopated guitar parts and main riff, the rhythm section stays locked in a tight groove while the vocal part does its thing over the verse. Everyone can jump in on vocals and belt out the chorus.

    Solid ‘70s Pack 02 will be available for $5.49. Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99 each. The Rock Band Rivals Season 3 Spotlight Pass can be purchased for $13.49.

    • Foghat - "Slow Ride"
    • Ramones - "I Wanna Be Sedated"
    • Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music" (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 3 Spotlight Pass)












    * Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, November 2nd.
    Too bad I bought the pack and got totally different songs. None of which were 70s songs. Never buying anything from harmonix again.
    What songs did you get?
  • @grouchpunk08 Ask a refund if you're on xbox, sounds like a bug.
  • If they're on XB1, the pack currently is set up to give you nothing.
  • Thank you for Slow Ride! One more song closer to finishing the Dazed and Confused Soundtrack!
  • I bought this pack for XBOXONE from the in-game RB4 store. Now marked as purchased there, as well as in the XBOXONE Store and in my Microsoft purchases list. Yet it has not downloaded automatically, (which is usually what happens when I buy anything from the in-game store) nor do any of the songs show up in the "ready to install" section of RB4 when I go to "manage game."

    Anyone else and/or is this bug being worked on?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited November 6
    See grumble’s post above. The pack appears to be misentitled on XBO (still abroad, can’t use bandwidth on checking this myself but I trust him), and has nothing provisioned for it yet.

    NOTE: I’m pretty sure entitlements can be amended—otherwise, I’d think, we’d see all the contents of a Spotlight Pass when we first see its entry in the store—and so this’ll be fixed at some point.
  • Thanks. I hope they get it fixed before this week's challenge is over, as that's why I, and I assume many others, purchased the pack.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    "I Wanna Be Sedated" disappeared from my library after I did a "Refresh Music Library". I own the RB3 export and now the song is just flat out gone. The Xbox Marketplace says the song is installed but when I go into "Manage Game" the file is not listed with all my other RB DLC. Like what the heck?
  • TrockiTrocki Opening Act
    itzJV said:

    "I Wanna Be Sedated" disappeared from my library after I did a "Refresh Music Library". I own the RB3 export and now the song is just flat out gone. The Xbox Marketplace says the song is installed but when I go into "Manage Game" the file is not listed with all my other RB DLC. Like what the heck?

    This happened to me too. The song showed as installed but was "unavailable" when I tried to play it today. I uninstalled it, and the store wants me to buy it for 1.99. I guess I have to reinstall the RB3 import?

  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 6
    It's definitely in my ready to install but I haven't tried playing it yet. I'll update with my results when I do.

    EDIT: Same as the rest of you, it's unavailable.

    @Trocki I'd guess going back into the RB3 export location will only show 82 songs hence why a price shows up.
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    "'Super Beat Sports Big Baos Battle' - Steve Pardo" is available in the SIEE store now.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited November 6
    Jadiou said:

    "'Super Beat Sports Big Baos Battle' - Steve Pardo" is available in the SIEE store now.

    Yeah, and it's marked as FREE without having to be logged in... FREE for everyone???

  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    Graffin said:

    Jadiou said:

    "'Super Beat Sports Big Baos Battle' - Steve Pardo" is available in the SIEE store now.

    Yeah, and it's marked as FREE without having to be logged in... FREE for everyone???



    According to this tweet I think it is free for everyone

  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited November 6
    Damn, I thought we SIEE users finally got a glitch in our favour. Bonus songs always welcome though.

    Thanks Harmonix!
124
Sign In or Register to comment.