Woodstock 1969 festival in Rock Band 4

edited November 1 in Rock Band
I went back to RB3 to dig this setlist I had because of this week's challenge. Those are all the songs played at the festival that we have in Rock Band 4, including covers played by other artists such as Ring of Fire and Johnny B. Goode. I didn't add Santana and the Grateful Dead as none of their DLC songs were played at the festival (although the live versions of the Who were recorded in 1970, the songs by themselves were played there). Also they're in the order they were played by day, band and setlist.
Total playing time is around 1 hour 22 minutes for 23 songs. Don't forget to hit someone with your guitar during the Who's setlist.

The wonders of wikipedia.

Ring Of Fire - Johnny Cash (Cover by Country Joe McDonald)

Mama Tried - Merle Haggard (Cover by the Grateful Dead)

Creedence Clearwater Revival
Born on the Bayou
Green River
Bad Moon Rising
Proud Mary
Susie Q

Janis Joplin
Piece of My Heart

The Who
Amazing Journey
Pinball Wizard
Summertime Blues (live)
My Generation (live)

Jefferson Airplane
Somebody to Love
White Rabbit

The Band
Chest Fever (live)
The Weight (live)

Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry (Cover by Johnny Winter)

Blood Sweat and Tears
Spinning Wheel

Jimi Hendrix
Spanish Castle Magic
Foxy Lady
Fire (Live at Woodstock)
Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Live at Woodstock)
Purple Haze
Hey Joe (live)

Comments

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited November 1
    I don't think the live versions of Fire or Voodoo Child are from Woodstock.
    [EDIT] Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Didn't realize the album was literally Jimi Hendrix Live from Woodstock. (Which is a weird discrepancy, since we have songs with Live at Leeds and Live at Reading tags)

Also, you left out "Mama Tried" by Merle Haggard (which Grateful Dead covered).

Other than that, cool list. Wish I had time to play this.

This reminds me of the nitpicky complaints when Rock Band had the Days of Peace Pack (which was a psuedo Woodstock pack). People complained how it included "Black Magic Woman" by Santana, despite not actually being played at Woodstock and being from 1970 (plus it's a Fleetwood Mac cover).

I thought it was a lame complaint since it wasn't TECHNICALLY a Woodstock pack anyway (though probably for legal reasons), and Santana didn't even gain popularity until AFTER Woodstock. Plus Black Magic Woman probably sold better than any of the Santana songs from Woodstock would have.
  • edited November 1
    @tdc002 Thanks, added Mama Tried to the setlist.
    Also, I'm sure Fire and Voodoo Child are recordings from the festival, they're out of this album: Live at Woodstock. Ninja'd by 20 minutes... Voodoo Child goes straight into Star Spangled Banner.
  • As much as I would probably fail the song, I am still keeping hope that someday we may get Santana's Soul Sacrifice from Woodstock. Legendary! In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was a good filler, but I think Santana edges it out.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

As much as I would probably fail the song, I am still keeping hope that someday we may get Santana's Soul Sacrifice from Woodstock. Legendary! In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was a good filler, but I think Santana edges it out.

It would be tough to play the drums the same as the song if you weren't peaking on acid.
  • Be pretty sweet if they added the venues from Woodstock into Rock Band. I was at the 99 show, boy how it feels like it was just yesterday.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    korndog81 said:

Be pretty sweet if they added the venues from Woodstock into Rock Band. I was at the 99 show, boy how it feels like it was just yesterday.

The Woodstock trademarks come with a hefty price tag, I'd assume.