DLC Discussion Thread: Whatever Happened To Keytars?

Comments

• calloycalloy Unsigned

Don't forget about Mugatu creating the piano key neck-tie in the 80s.

ugh, he looks bloated and farty in that picture
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    edited November 7
    tdc002 said:

Emalythe said:

Graffin said:

Emalythe said:

have the Jett. Getting the Femmes. If we get Kiss Off and I Hear the Rain, all my favorites will be in the game.

+ Gone Daddy Gone and Add It Up.
    Though, Add It Up might be censored a tad (not that I mind... can always sing the missing words).
    If it were added, I'm sure it would be the radio edit - which is like watching Scarface on network TV.
    They only say the F word twice. That's really the only part of the song that would be edited out. There's more heavily censored songs in the library already.
    My high school mind remembers that song as being much more explicit than it actually is. I hope this doesn't go down on my personal record.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited November 7
    Emalythe said:

tdc002 said:

Emalythe said:

Graffin said:

Emalythe said:

have the Jett. Getting the Femmes. If we get Kiss Off and I Hear the Rain, all my favorites will be in the game.

Though, Add It Up might be censored a tad (not that I mind... can always sing the missing words).
    If it were added, I'm sure it would be the radio edit - which is like watching Scarface on network TV.
    They only say the F word twice. That's really the only part of the song that would be edited out. There's more heavily censored songs in the library already.
    My high school mind remembers that song as being much more explicit than it actually is. I hope this doesn't go down on my personal record.

Sorry, but as per the censorship decisions made in "You Oughta Know", the phrase "go down" is verboten and needs to be censored. Please report to detention and think about what you've done.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    tnevaker said:

Wish we could have got a Jett pack instead to be honest.

i mean, who doesn't want a Jettpack?
    we were supposed to have flying cars by now, too.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Emalythe said:

tdc002 said:

Emalythe said:

Graffin said:

Emalythe said:

The content of it is a bit racy, but I don't think it's anything that would get censored.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

The correct title was "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork, how've you been?"

Liked for the reference, but the correct title would be, “I don’t care about the semantics, I just want the protein, okay?”
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned

BaronRob said:

Love the title, not the biggest fan of the songs. I was spoiled by 3 songs last week, I was kinda hoping for "Home Sweet Home" by Motley Crue, "These Dreams" or more Bangles as the 3rd. And when I saw the title, "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These") comes to mind. Well, can't satisfy all the people all the time, at least I have a motherlode of my favorite '80's stuff already! And I do appreciate a slight respite from getting my voice's butt kicked in the '70's. Can't wait for '90's week!

So much do we need Home Sweet Home, although we needed it even more in RB3 when there was this mysterious fifth instrument. Also many other Motley songs.

And I'll second the Bangles. A big enough pack to get to Be With You at the end.
    LOVE Be With You. In a Different Light, too, but that's a bigger stretch than Be With You (though the latter was a single). If we ever get a Bangles pack, I'd love to see In Your Room and I'll Set You Free in the mix (again, stretching, considering they had much bigger hits), but the pinnacle for me would be Hazy Shade of Winter.
    The likely 3 pack (if a pack was likely):
    Manic Monday
    Eternal Flame
    In Your Room

To which I tack on:
    Be With You
    Hazy Shade Of Winter
    I'll Set You Free
  • Glad to finally have Blister in the Sun this week and it's cool having a free song too (Super Baoz Battle). On the RBVR front, Bad Reputation reduces the total number of songs left to be made purchasable in RB4 to 18 (9 new, 9 rewinds).

Unrelated to this week's DLC, it seems we're also getting a patch this week:

Note the "and more" which suggests there's some things in the patch that wasn't announced in the Roadmap stream.

Hopefully we see album headers soon..
  • Glad to finally have Blister in the Sun this week and it's cool having a free song too (Super Baoz Battle). On the RBVR front, Bad Reputation reduces the total number of songs left to be made purchasable in RB4 to 18 (9 new, 9 rewinds).

Note the "and more" which suggests there's some things in the patch that wasn't announced in the Roadmap stream.

There were a couple of things (such as the harmony arrow changes) that fit the and more.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    Blister in the Sun!
  • D1MatmanD1Matman Unsigned
    Keytars eh... still playing it in Rock Band 3 that's where it's at. But I'll expect to see y'all in the parking lot if we don't see the reemergence of Keys in time for both RB Blitz 2, and then the eventual RB5 on the next-gen.
  • D1MatmanD1Matman Unsigned
    There will be food trucks in the parking lot right? My buy. Where else did you think I was going with that? C'mon ❤️

Hopefully we see album headers soon..
    :( They aren't there. Dangimarocker remains sad. :'(

• The Warrior has now been used 3 times (once in season 0 for the 80s challenge, once in season 1 for the "You Got This" challenge and now again in season 3 for the 80s challenge) even with songs like Miracle Man only having been used once.
  • edited November 9

The Warrior has now been used 3 times (once in season 0 for the 80s challenge, once in season 1 for the "You Got This" challenge and now again in season 3 for the 80s challenge) even with songs like Miracle Man only having been used once.

I would've preferred a different disc song than The Warrior, because I think it's way too early for a third repeat. But that's Harmonix's choice, then there's no point in arguing about it.

But darn it, I don't even have that Billy Joel song (Even though, that is one of my favorites) and I have to wait until my birthday for a $50 Dollar Playstation Card, as one of my birthday gifts, because I've gotten a $20 dollar one for doing household chores and I've spent most of it on the Season 3 Spotlight Pass and a lot of songs (But that Billy Joel song ain't one of them). I was so confident that it would be Bon Jovi, because I know that Harmonix has nearly every good song from their discography. :(

Looks like someone else from my crew will have to contribute vocal scores for the Billy Joel song (if I'm lucky that someone will have it), as for me, I'll be picking up the Violent Femmes, since I have the Spotlight Pass.

EDIT: If anyone wishes to know, my Birthday is this Saturday. (I was born on November 11th).
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 9
    My predictions would've been:
    Violent Femmes - "Blister in the Sun"
    Van Halen - "Hot For Teacher"
    U2 - "I Will Follow"

Van Halen and U2 picks bringing back the good ol' days of the early RB4 era when we'd get big DLC weeks in terms of quantity.
  • edited November 9
    A bit disappointed . Expected more from 80s week dlc
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    "I Wanna Be Sedated" is still gone from my library. It did however appear in my "Manage Game" files. Refreshing my library did nothing. I tried deleting the song to see if it would re-appear in my "Ready to Install" list, but never showed up.
  • This is the first time in a while that a song is labelled a different genre to the other songs by that artist in RB. I think the last time was Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous last year before all Good Charlotte songs were labelled Punk in the library enhancements update.
  • Haven't been able to get into the app since the update hit. Wanted to look @ my wishlist.
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned

Haven't been able to get into the app since the update hit. Wanted to look @ my wishlist.

Me either. However just about 30 minutes ago it is working again for me. Hopefully it will for you soon if not already.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    App works for me now.
  • Ya, working now
  • The bonus XP messages are now the clearer ones that were meant to be introduced in late September, "Play Bonus X/3!"
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned

The bonus XP messages are now the clearer ones that were meant to be introduced in late September, "Play Bonus X/3!"

Just finished playing a 20 song set and noticed the same. I like it.