is rock band 4 going to be on the nintendo switch?

it comes out on xbox one and playstation 4 but not the nintendo switch.

Comments

• I don't think Rock Band 4 would work well on the Nintendo Switch.

Maybe a "Rock Band Harmonies" game would work. That seems possible with the current limitations and advantages of the Switch.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    If Rock Band 4 was already a massive hit, I could see them porting it to Switch; but the reality is they've been limping along on Xbox One and PS4. They're not even manufacturing peripherals for the two consoles RB4 is on anymore, why would they want to add a third at this point?
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    They're better off concentrating on their current hardcore fans that's on both X1 and PS4. Trying to get new people on board is hard these days for HMX.
  • tdc002 said:

If Rock Band 4 was already a massive hit, I could see them porting it to Switch; but the reality is they've been limping along on Xbox One and PS4. They're not even manufacturing peripherals for the two consoles RB4 is on anymore, why would they want to add a third at this point?

Agreed. Look how big the Wii fanbase was too.. nowhere near PS3/Xbox360. I'd be a financial flop for them which they do not need at the moment.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act

tdc002 said:

Agreed. Look how big the Wii fanbase was too.. nowhere near PS3/Xbox360. I'd be a financial flop for them which they do not need at the moment.
    Wii base was small? Crazy, pretty sure most Guitar Heroes sold best on Wii after Legends of Rock. The Switch is a big hit, it's possible Rock Band could find a new audience there but I don't know if the risk is worth it and even if they thought it was I can't really picture them finding any partners who'd agree.

Portable full-fledged (by RB4 standards) Rock Band though? That's pretty awesome, highly situational but still cool.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 13
    @GLaDOS I think the platform model is why, GH wasn't using a platform model so there wasn't much content difference between Wii and PS3/360. Take GHWT vs. RB2 for example, this content did not come to the Wii version:
    - GHWT - Most of the Death Magnetic album
    - RB2 - RB1 export, AC/DC export, the 9 EU RB1 bonus songs, DLC came later too

So while the platform keeps expanding, spinoffs are probably the best bet for RB on Switch and then have the soundtrack come to RB4 as DLC like they have been doing for RBVR.
  • @GLaDOS I think the platform model is why, GH wasn't using a platform model so there wasn't much content difference between Wii and PS3/360. Take GHWT vs. RB2 for example, this content did not come to the Wii version:

So while the platform keeps expanding, spinoffs are probably the best bet for RB on Switch and then have the soundtrack come to RB4 as DLC like they have been doing for RBVR.

Mario + Rock Band would've been a thing and you know it. If it worked for Rabbids...
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

@GLaDOS I think the platform model is why, GH wasn't using a platform model so there wasn't much content difference between Wii and PS3/360. Take GHWT vs. RB2 for example, this content did not come to the Wii version:

Mario + Rock Band would've been a thing and you know it. If it worked for Rabbids...
    That... would probably sell. And I agree with Grumble that it would be best as a spinoff.
  • Mario + anything tends to sell.
  • Mario on vocals, Yoshi on guitar, Toad on bass, Link on keys and Donkey Kong on Drums.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Waluigi would play the keytar
This discussion has been closed.