DLC Discussion Thread: 10 Free HMX Songs

Comments

• bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited November 17
    Awesome!

I only wish it was this Thug Love though:

The video has names and some faces out of order. It's Bizzy, 2Pac, Layzie, Krayzie, and then Wish. They showed Krayzie during Layzie's verse and Wish during Krayzie's verse (and I'm assuming, because I stopped it, they showed Layzie during Wish's verse). No Flesh on this one as he was in jail at the time iirc.

Also if y'all ever did do any Bone songs I wish best of luck to the vocal charter, especially during Krayzie and Bizzy's (especially especially during Bizzy's) verses.
  • Ooh boy, Bang on a Can AND Hair Trigger...

But meawhile, Visions, Supreme Girl and Welcome to the Neighbourhood are still MIA.

C'mon guys :p
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    I already owned all of these, but HHHHHYYYYYYYYYESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
  • Awwww yeaaaa! Cheat on the Church babyyyy!
  • itzJV said:

6 of those 10 songs I own on RBN. Nice to see them all available again on RB4.

Here's hoping that someday they'll bring more RBN tracks, especially top downloaded songs like "Bodies" by Drowning Pool, "Paralyzer" by Finger Eleven, "Remedy" by Seether, and so forth.

I'll even rebuy some of those higher caliber band songs, as well as JoCo and a few others.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Is this the only DLC next week?
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited November 17

Is this the only DLC next week?

I'd think there's the regular 2 or 3 songs coming on Tuesday or Wednesday due to Thanksgiving
  • Sweet I already owned Anarchy Club, Dance for the Dying, and Freezepop

But I am pretty excited since I wanted to get the The Main Drag, Bang Camaro and especially the Graveyard BBQ songs. But I never did because the lack of Pro-Drums

The Acro-Brats is another great song, that I did not know was in RBN until after RB4 came out.

The other songs I don't know, or in the case of "Soy Bomb" I am meh on

but over all pretty sweet, and it is always great to get more RBN stuff
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Dance for the Dying was my favorite local band and I discovered them on the RBN. SWEET.
  • Cool. The only song I have from these in RB3 is Doppelganger.
  • Cool, nice to see more of the songs I owned on last gen come to current gen for free.

I guess that also means the main DLC is coming on Tuesday.
  • D4TD! I've been waiting for the day I could play them on RB4 and this is probably my favorite track outside of "Ordinary Objects," which I've always felt was their take on Metric's "Gimme Sympathy."
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    CHEAT ON THE CHURCH! GH1 memories :)
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    I know and enjoy most of these songs (I had an unhealthy amount of RBN songs) so thanks for bringing them back! Keep it up!!!
  • LoopyChew said:

D4TD! I've been waiting for the day I could play them on RB4 and this is probably my favorite track outside of "Ordinary Objects," which I've always felt was their take on Metric's "Gimme Sympathy."

I'm impartial to Echo myself
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    I’m glad to have Bang Camaro, Bang On a Can, and The Main Drag songs back in my library!
    Especially surprised at getting Bang On a Can, this is a pretty cool 10th anniversary present
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    so obviously this means the other 2490+ RBN songs will be coming for free next year to celebrate the 11th anniversary, right? right?

seriously though, i hope this is the beginning of bringing some more RBN back, and at least gives me hope that maybe the other Dance for the Dying songs will become available in RB4.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    cool, thank you
  • SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    Glad to be getting 4 songs I had back in my library and 6 new ones to add to my collection
  • Anarchy Club! I was just talking about how much I want this song back yesterday!! :D More importantly though, thanks for sharing some of the stories behind the bands. Happy anniversary!
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    tnevaker said:

so obviously this means the other 2490+ RBN songs will be coming for free next year to celebrate the 11th anniversary, right? right?

That'll be on the 10-year RBN anniversary.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Nice!! I also had a few of these in my RB3 library, and it's great to have them back. Looking forward to hearing some of those that were unfamiliar to me as well!
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    Thank you Harmonix! :)
  • Freezepop's song is epic! LOVE IT!
    Thug Love is pretty great too!

Great selections overall too!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Free stuff is always appreciated in my book. Thank you birthday Rock Band!
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    Oh my god yes, I thought I'd never get to play Dance for the Dying again! Any RBN song re-releases are more than welcome. And free, on top of all else!
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    You had me at Anarchy Club. Very cool and thank you all.