DLC Discussion Thread: 10 Free HMX Songs

Comments

• hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    I forgot how much I loved How We’d Look On Paper... easily one of the best Harmonix band songs out there
  • Nice! It's really heartwarming that we're getting RBN Songs for free. Now I've got 3 songs to add to my Guitar Hero playlists (Cheat on The Church for GH1, and Soy Bomb and Collide for GH2). Free stuff is a good thing. :)

Also looking forward to seeing the "Fun Twist" on the DLC Preview Video. :)
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    MOAR Freezepop!! Yaay
  • Another thing this week confirms is the potential of delisted DLC being relicensed. Anarchy Club's Collide was delisted on last gen a few years ago (don't remember the year it was delisted but it was around 2014).
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    dinoman said:

MOAR Freezepop!! Yaay

Still sad about Phantoms and the other tracks that were all ready-to-go.
  • Three questions arise from this awesome announcement:
    1) We will get any other surprises for the 10th Anniversary?
    2) Is there any more DLC that week?
    3) Will we get any more RBN Songs down the line?
    4) Is Re-licensing delisted DLC on the cards for those who missed them the first time round?

Keep it up HMX!
  • I really thought "Shake Twist Rattle and Hiss" from the menu would be in this pack at first. I was about to scream with joy.
  • @crashb648 The answer to question 2 is yes because the spotlight pass is 1 paid non-rewind song each week for 8 weeks.
  • @crashb648 The answer to question 2 is yes because the spotlight pass is 1 paid non-rewind song each week for 8 weeks.

I didn't consider that. Hopefully there is a 12-song mega pack of Led Zepplin coming that week...
    ... oh wait, I've been told that's not possible. Damn.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    crashb648 said:

@crashb648 The answer to question 2 is yes because the spotlight pass is 1 paid non-rewind song each week for 8 weeks.

I didn't consider that. Hopefully there is a 12-song mega pack of Led Zepplin coming that week...
    ... oh wait, I've been told that's not possible. Damn.
    Nonsense.
  • This is cool. Hopefully Ayreon, The Slip and Band of Horses are on the slate for future release.

And The Shins ;)
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior

This is cool. Hopefully Ayreon, The Slip and Band of Horses are on the slate for future release.

And The Shins ;)
    I am very much down for all 4 of these bands, Dawn of a Million Souls, Even Rats, No One’s Gonna Love You and So Says I are among my most missed Rock Band songs in 4
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    thank you HMX. <3
    Needless to say.....YOU ROCK!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Meh. I was expecting more for the anniversary, honestly. I guess on the upside, these are mostly new to me. I only owned Soy Bomb before (and I've also really wanted it back too).
  • This is wonderful, I own most of these on RBN and am glad to get pro drums for the ones that didn't have them before.

I'd be willing to pay money for more Harmonix bands anytime, most of them I love. The Anarchy Club RBN songs are amazing. Graveyard BBQ, By the Grace of the Grill is alao superfun. Hopefully we'll see them some time in the future.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Very cool of HMX to be gifting us these songs on their anniversary.... and I enjoyed reading about the cool HMX employees/musicians. Hoping, like others, that more RBN songs make the jump over.

On another note...I can’t help but feeling that there should be more excitement and fanfare in here (the forums) about this occasion, but I guess maybe I need to be on Reddit or FB to experience that (hopefully there is some excitement going on in one or both those places). I think, unfortunately, HMX has let this place slide so far out of their sphere of attention that announcements like this no longer get much beyond 50 or so comments, which makes me sad... although I completely understand why and am the first to admit I rarely comment anymore in here either as it’s become more and more barren as of late.
  • Yay! Free songs!

I'm pretty sure "How We’d Look on Paper" was the first song I ever purchased on the RBN. My overall number of RBN songs purchased was very small though. Mainly because I didn't get into the main RB platform until RB3, and there were so many official releases I wanted to purchase that took precedence over the more unknown stuff that was being released on the RBN.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

This is cool. Hopefully Ayreon, The Slip and Band of Horses are on the slate for future release.

And The Shins ;)
    It's INSANE how much better the RBN Shins songs were than the only official Shins DLC track. Granted, New Slang's probably one of their more popular ones, it's pretty boring to play.
  • tdc002 said:

And The Shins ;)
    It's INSANE how much better the RBN Shins songs were than the only official Shins DLC track. Granted, New Slang's probably one of their more popular ones, it's pretty boring to play.
    That could change should we ever get something like Caring is Creepy.
  • tdc002 said:

And The Shins ;)
    I'd love to get Phantom Limb and Saint Simon back! (two of my favorites by them)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    tdc002 said:

And The Shins ;)
    Honestly, if they brought back So Says I, Saint Simon, Australia and Phantom Limb, and then maybe added one song from the new album for promotional purposes, I'd immediately pay $8.50 for that 5-pack. I don't care if my entitlements don't move forward, I just want those songs back.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Free songs always welcome, but when will this pack be available on the PS4?

Thanks Harmonix :)
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Graffin said:

Free songs always welcome, but when will this pack be available on the PS4?

Thanks Harmonix :)

The blog says Nov 20. It doesn’t say anything about ps4 specifically; no reason to believe it’s scheduled for a different day on ps4 vs xb1.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Already available in Australia on the PS4.

It's weird that when you sort by source and go to the top of newly acquired, they don't appear there.
    The game really needs a sort by date/acquired option like there was in the previous Rock Band games.

Great to see some RBN songs make a comeback. I hope this is a sign that maybe, just maybe we'll see more in the future. I'd give anything to have the 3 songs by an Unkindness... it's the only reason I still play RB3 because they're not in RB4.

Thanks for the free songs Harmonix!