DLC Discussion Thread: 10 Free HMX Songs

Comments

• tdc002 said:

Meh. I was expecting more for the anniversary, honestly. I guess on the upside, these are mostly new to me. I only owned Soy Bomb before (and I've also really wanted it back too).

I don't think this is all we're getting, this is just a free gift of sorts to help commemorate the occasion. I'm sure we'll see some good stuff announced Tuesday, because, well, it's the tenth anniversary.

On the topic of the actual songs, the old Guitar Hero memories flooded through my head the moment I saw Soy Bomb and Cheat on the Church. I always thought those were really cool songs.
  • Graffin said:

It's weird that when you sort by source and go to the top of newly acquired, they don't appear there.

That is because they're under the Rock Band Network section. Like export songs, they never go to Recently Acquired because they have somewhere else to be.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    HMXOwl said:

Graffin said:

It's weird that when you sort by source and go to the top of newly acquired, they don't appear there.

That is because they're under the Rock Band Network section. Like export songs, they never go to Recently Acquired because they have somewhere else to be.
    Will the RBN songs from the megapack be moved to that section eventually?
  • It’s interesting we’re seeing the songs under RBN, maybe more are coming in the future and the RBN songs in the 30 pack are moved to that section.
  • It’s interesting we’re seeing the songs under RBN, maybe more are coming in the future and the RBN songs in the 30 pack are moved to that section.

HMX RBN can be seen as a decent chunk, so there's a good workaround
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited November 19
    So excited for this. As always, I absolutely love getting introduced to more songs via Rock Band! It's especially nice to see RBN re-releases, and as others have said, we can hope this gets the ball rolling for more RBN songs to be released as official DLC. Thanks HMX!

Also Dance for the Dying is one of my favorite RBN bands I discovered from watching Elison's RB videos back in the day. Outside of that song, I haven't heard the others yet, so I'm looking forward to them!
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    As a Playstation pro-drums player, I didn't delve too much into RBN, but I've always liked the inclusion of Harmonix bands' songs in Rock Band games.

Forget RB turning 10 for a second...it's been well over a decade since I played Soy Bomb on Guitar Hero 1 with my red Gibson on the PS2. I bought Cheat on Church for RB2, but I'm stoked to be getting another Honest Bob (et al.) song even though Soy Bomb hardly compares to Entangled.

I'd definitely love to see more RBN songs in the future too. Aside from the Harmonix bands, it'd be great to see Jonathan Coulton and Amberian Dawn again...I think those were two of the most popular artists on the RBN. I still miss Code Monkey, and I'd love to play Ikea with harmonies!

Super glad to be getting this pack of songs (some familiar, and some new to me!) for free. Thanks Harmonix!
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    So are harmonies coming to the RBN1.0 songs later like last time?
  • What is the pack called exactly so I can try to find it on the NA store?
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned

What is the pack called exactly so I can try to find it on the NA store?

Rock Band™ 10th Anniversary Pack
  • kaneruleskanerules Rising Star
    It's available on XB1 in Canada. I forget the pack name but I just searched Soy Bomb as it was one of the shortest and relevant titles to type. Both song and pack populated my search in the Marketplace.
  • Jadiou said:

What is the pack called exactly so I can try to find it on the NA store?

Rock Band™ 10th Anniversary Pack
    Thank You! Was just making sure it didn't have some silly name :)
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    HMXOwl said:

Graffin said:

I didn't even notice a Rock Band Network section (it was late and I was half asleep).

Here's hoping more songs appear or are made available for purchase from the RBN catalog then!
  • Guess we won't be seeing the RBN pack till 10AMish CT tomorrow for NA PS4.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 20
    I found it on the XB1 store, I wonder if they’ll use one of the late 00s songs from this for the free spotlight in the late 00s challenge as it feels too early to reuse Start a Band and Light Up the Night.
  • M-asterM-aster Unsigned
    Pack's up and able to download in EU PSN as well.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    M-aster said:

Yeah, still no sign of it on the US PSN Store though... or I can't find it?
  • Graffin said:

M-aster said:

Give the NA stores about 4 more hours, DLC usually goes up at 11AM EST on Thursdays, so perhaps the same goes for this.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

Graffin said:

M-aster said:

Give the NA stores about 4 more hours, DLC usually goes up at 11AM EST on Thursdays, so perhaps the same goes for this.
    It's up right now! And you can add it to your wishlist. ;)
  • Graffin said:

M-aster said:

But I can't remove some other game that's added itself XD

Graffin said:

M-aster said:

But I can't remove some other game that's added itself XD

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Ha. Yeah the wish list changed look a few weeks ago and there are indeed a few games that cannot be deleted from it. My list tops out somewhere around 90-94 [it varies] then tells me I can't add any more. Maybe they were always there, but invisible, and it actually tops off at 100.

Are there some items I can delete from my wish list to make room for more? Of course! Or I could buy them [usually I do, when they go on sale for 70% off].
  • Yeah I can add it to my wishlist but that's about it. LOL
  • It appears to be live folks! Just bought it from the in-game store.

It appears to be live folks! Just bought it from the in-game store.

Yeah it's still broken (?) on the PS store front so it must be available in-game only.
  • It appears to be live folks! Just bought it from the in-game store.

Yeah it's still broken (?) on the PS store front so it must be available in-game only.
    Appears to be the case, it's installed and working though.

All the album art for the pack has an RBN logo in the top-right corner for every song, heads up.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 20
    Not working for me in-game. Doesn't load or if it finally does load I get an error.

EDIT (6 minutes later): ooo it just loaded and worked for me now! :)
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited November 20
    Well, they weren't kidding when they said there was a "fun twist" for the preview vid.

It was a twist; just...may make seeing the charts a bit harder.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

It’s interesting we’re seeing the songs under RBN, maybe more are coming in the future and the RBN songs in the 30 pack are moved to that section.

Looks like RBN songs from the 30 pack haven't been moved to the RBN section (yet).

I haven't had a chance to play these yet. Are they recharted at all, or simply ported over and unchanged?
  • tdc002 said:

It’s interesting we’re seeing the songs under RBN, maybe more are coming in the future and the RBN songs in the 30 pack are moved to that section.

Looks like RBN songs from the 30 pack haven't been moved to the RBN section (yet).

I haven't had a chance to play these yet. Are they recharted at all, or simply ported over and unchanged?
    The Pro Drums are definitely fixed.