DLC Discussion Thread: 10 Free HMX Songs

Comments

• AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    Quite a treat - thanks Harmonix!
  • Never mind about this week being mediocre. It's now awesome. c:
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Not sure how much I really want them but not able to download via console or web store, ps4 NA. Just shows "Overview", no add to cart.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    djb5f1 said:

Not sure how much I really want them but not able to download via console or web store, ps4 NA. Just shows "Overview", no add to cart.

Have to get them in-game.
  • THANK YOU HARMONIX!!! <3 :)
  • Brownbag Johnson - “King of Sling” Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter of GRAVEYARD BBQ here.... just wanna say how proud & excited I am to be a part of this again! THANK YOU to all who’ve supported the BBQ and have shown so much love for “Cheat on the Church” over the years... from #GuitarHero to #RockBand....
    ALL HAIL THE BBQ NATION! “IF YOU AIN’T WITH US YER AGAINST US!”

And, to commemorate... heres a brand spankin’ new 10th Anniversary Edition “re-boot” for yer unholy, hellraisin’ listening pleasure.....
    It’s time to “GET ON YO’ KNEES AND GIIIIVE!!!!”....... “BLESSED IS HE, WHO BBQ”

You guys should get Harmonix to do more song releases!!!
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    It was wonderful getting to play "Dance for the Dying" in RB4 but it reminded me just how much I miss seeing them in person.
  • Played through the songs on guitar last night...

Soy Bomb, Collide, Blood Red Rock, Cheat on the Church, and Hair Trigger were my favorites.

Least favorite was the Main Drag. Never been a fan of their music, or the charts, and this was no exception. I found it to be largely annoying to play.

Overall, by far the best batch of free songs in some time, probably since we got Bearstronaut.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

tdc002 said:

It’s interesting we’re seeing the songs under RBN, maybe more are coming in the future and the RBN songs in the 30 pack are moved to that section.

Looks like RBN songs from the 30 pack haven't been moved to the RBN section (yet).

I haven't had a chance to play these yet. Are they recharted at all, or simply ported over and unchanged?
    The Pro Drums are definitely fixed.
    Ah right, I forgot some of these were RBN 1.0.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    Odd these songs aren't showing up under "Newly Acquired"?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited November 29

Odd these songs aren't showing up under "Newly Acquired"?

Newly acquired is a subfilter on things that otherwise categorize as dlc. These categorize as RBN and appear under the rbn source header. I don’t think rewinds ever land in newly acquired either - because they filter with the export headings and not among regular dlc.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    Well that's incredibly helpful.

I didn't even know "RBN" was a header.

Thanks for this!
    edited November 29
    Yeah, the RBN category is all the way at the bottom, I would have been confused for a while if I hadn't been warned in advance.
    I saw a few very familiar songs show up as "newly acquired", ones I was sure I had imported long ago, but they didn't have any scores recorded yet. One by Bon Jovi ... I'd have to look up the others. I wonder what happened there. Has anyone else noticed something similar in the past few weeks?
    Yeah, last week I had a few random newly-acquired that I hadn't done anything new with in years ... appearing in newly acquired while brand new stuff I just bought was in the previously acquired bin.
    So those songs aren't actually "newly authorized" or "newly downloaded", just a seemingly-random selections of songs not played yet in RB4?
  • @thatmarkguy @Meat-Popsicle I think it was caused by the RBN pack, downloading songs that aren't sorted as DLC messes up the "newly acquired" section. For example, before downloading the pack my "newly acquired" section had 91 songs and that changed to 81 afterwards.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Rather than having that odd "newly acquired" section, how about adding a sort option to sort by date acquired (like it was in RB3)... that would be far more useful.
  • Graffin said:

Rather than having that odd "newly acquired" section, how about adding a sort option to sort by date acquired (like it was in RB3)... that would be far more useful.

but wasen't the sort by date acquired pretty much the same thing? RB3 had like the most recent 30 or something songs and the rest under DLC...

at least that is how it was on 360, I vaguely remember hearing the PS3 sort by date acquired was better
  • Graffin said:

but wasen't the sort by date acquired pretty much the same thing? RB3 had like the most recent 30 or something songs and the rest under DLC...

at least that is how it was on 360, I vaguely remember hearing the PS3 sort by date acquired was better
    Yeah it was basically the same thing.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited November 30

Graffin said:

Nah, when I sorted by date on the PS3, it affected all of the songs in my library and showed them in the order in which they were downloaded/installed, not just the first 100 or so. Well, I just checked... of the 1863 Songs I own in RB3, 1557 of them appear under Newly Acquired, sorted by the date they were added. The rest are the Exports (RB1, RB2, RB3, GDRB, LRB).

It's just a bit counter-intuitive in RB4... sort by source, then going up to newly acquired. In much the same way we have to pause the game, go through 2 layers of menus and adjust sliders to "guess" the audio levels, whereas in RB3 it could all be done "on the fly" with just a press on the controller.

How hard would it be for Harmonix to add a sort by date acquired, and add the audio options back to the controller/gamepad?
    Xbox 360 limited the newly-acquired section, PS3 did not.
  • glassdglassd Unsigned
    Is this pack still available? I cannot seem to grab it in the Canadian store.
    glassd said:

Is this pack still available? I cannot seem to grab it in the Canadian store.

Are you using the in game store? It’s nit available through the console storefronts or webstores.