DLC Discussion Thread: Aughts

edited November 28 in Rock Band
HMXOwl said:

DLC Week of 11/21: Big & Rich and Jimmy Eat World!

This week belongs to the early 2000s! Reminisce with Big & Rich and Jimmy Eat World.

Big & Rich broke out on the country music scene in 2004 with their debut album Horse of a Different Color. Their second single “Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)” was a huge hit and went to #11 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart as well as making it to the top half of the Hot 100. The song has been featured in numerous commercials, sporting events and is certified platinum in the US and gold in Canada. This bluesy rock jam has every part working with an especially fun vocal harmony, along with fiddle charted to guitar!

The early 2000s marked old endings and new beginnings and Jimmy Eat World’s “The Middle” made us all feel okay about it. We’re bringing this song back from Rock Band 2 to intensify the nostalgia. Released in 2001 on Bleed American, the song made its way to the top of charts, including the Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks, and building a reputation through radio play and music video rotation. Named one of the “Top 500 Tracks of the 2000s” by Pitchfork, it was lauded by music critics as an extremely influential song. Guitar will be toughest, as there are fast chord changes and an intense solo. Bass and drums keep it steady most of the song but the detail is in the rhythm! Drum and bass groove really make this song pop!

Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99 each. The Rock Band Rivals Season 3 Spotlight Pass can be purchased for $13.49.

• Big & Rich - "Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)" (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 3 Spotlight Pass)
  • Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle" (Rewind)

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Tuesday, November 21st.

Comments

• Aughts, '00s

Whatever you wanna call it, that guitar/fiddle solo is fun.

And Xbox users already have it :p
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Congratulations to Big & Rich for making it to Rock Band.
  • I don’t get it, what’s the “fun twist” mentioned in the 10th anniversary pack announcement?

Anyway glad to have another DropMix song and the rewind counter for RBVR is down to 7.

• WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited November 20

I don’t get it, what’s the “fun twist” mentioned in the 10th anniversary pack announcement?

Anyway glad to have another DropMix song and the rewind counter for RBVR is down to 7.

That DLC is coming on Monday AND Tuesday instead of the normal Thursday?

What a tweest right?
  • As someone who never listens to much Modern Country (Though, I do like the Rascal Flatts' cover of Life is a Highway), the choice for the spotlight is an interesting one, to say the least.

But to be honest, I rather have Sk8ter Boi (Avril Lavigne) or Cochise (Audioslave) for the Spotlight Pass song representing 2000-2005. Having said that, however, I'll respect Harmonix's decision to choose a country song over the two songs I was anticipating.

Weekly Challenge: The Age of the Millennium (Play songs from 2000-2005)
    =Spotlight Songs=
    - Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) (Big & Rich)
    - Short Skirt/Long Jacket (Cake)
    - Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand)

I overheard that there's one 2000s week for this month confirmed by @HMXOwl, but we don't know if that was a mistake or next week will be the highly anticipated 10th Anniversary Week. But we shall see in due time. :)
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    Woohoo More Country.
    It's nice to see Save a Horse, but their deeper cuts tend to be better, but I'm not complaining.
    I have the Middle, but it would be a welcome edition. :)
  • I was very excited for the 2000's DLC... but man this is a disappointment... at least there is going to be another week to improve upon it
  • 7 VR Rewinds left, and I expect at least two of them to come by year's end

When You Were Young next week (should there be a second '00s week), and We Got The Beat (for a "female-centric" pack with something like...(and here's where the Dropmix comes in) No Scrubs and Work From Home.

Think about it.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    The Big & Rich track is already up on the AU PSN Store... just downloaded it!

• @WoodenGlory I think The Final Countdown for NYE week is a safer prediction for 2nd pick. While I originally thought no for that, the speed of VR rewinds makes me think that + 2 DropMix modern pop songs is realistic.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited November 21
    Oh right

If it means another New Year's Eve pack with that, Sexy and I Know It (because Dropmix) and Good Vibrations. That "sweet sensation" part is perfect for parties.
  • Maybe the third song for the NYE Pack can be Everybody Have Fun Tonight, because that definitely screams New Year's Eve Party.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited November 20
    Wow... I am utterly disappointed. I don't know why I was expecting something else for the big One Zero but...

huh...
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    The vocal intro wasn't the worst vocals I've heard in Rock Band, but it's up there. At least it wasn't obnoxious, it didn't last long, and the rest of the song was good.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

I don’t get it, what’s the “fun twist” mentioned in the 10th anniversary pack announcement?

Same... no idea what the fun twist was with the preview video.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    2nd straight week that I would have passed on the songs had I not bought the spotlight pass.
  • I don’t get it, what’s the “fun twist” mentioned in the 10th anniversary pack announcement?

Same... no idea what the fun twist was with the preview video.
    I think....they're doing a separate concept for the Anniversary Pack preview vid?

Sounds like it. Like the charts play in the background as a video history of Rock Band/HMX plays.
  • Why didn't Weezer get a GIF last week?
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    terrible week, but i guess i "aught" to just be happy we finally got another radiohead song last week.
  • We ought to have more Ought.

Seriously, look 'em up; they're really good.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    Is there going to another announcement on Tuesday or is that really it for this week?
  • CAL022 said:

That's really it for this week

@CAL022
  • VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    Well, the streak of amazing songs had to break eventually! I'm not a country fan at all, this song is no exception. I have the pass, though, so I'm already locked in on it. Oh well.

"The Middle" is one of my all-time favorite songs ever, but I already have it. Congrats to anyone who didn't pick up the RB2 export, though!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

Oh right

If it means another New Year's Eve pack with that, Sexy and I Know It (because Dropmix) and...I dunno, Bangarang?

I think it's urgent that we get Death From Above's "Freeze Me" in this year's New Year's pack.

"
    Tell me what you think are we in trouble?
    Feelin' sorry's never really been my struggle
    Pickin' up the pieces siftin' through the rubble
    Ringin' in the new year listenin' to the double
    "

• dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    I've already played Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy).
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    My friend Ryan, this is his go-to song in Karaoke, and he's always been disappointed about it not being in RB or GH. I should bring my rig over on Thursday when I go over to his house for Thanksgiving, surely he'll be surprised and pleased.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

My friend Ryan, this is his go-to song in Karaoke, and he's always been disappointed about it not being in RB or GH. I should bring my rig over on Thursday when I go over to his house for Thanksgiving, surely he'll be surprised and pleased.

Yeah, I'm running karaoke at a birthday party this upcoming weekend, and I'm already certain this will be a hit. It's not my personal cup of tea, but as a party karaoke track it's top shelf.
  • Oh right

If it means another New Year's Eve pack with that, Sexy and I Know It (because Dropmix) and...I dunno, Bangarang?

I think it's urgent that we get Death From Above's "Freeze Me" in this year's New Year's pack.

"
    Tell me what you think are we in trouble?
    Feelin' sorry's never really been my struggle
    Pickin' up the pieces siftin' through the rubble
    Ringin' in the new year listenin' to the double
    "

Hey, any reason to get more Canadian artists I will gladly take