DLC Discussion Thread: Aughts

Comments

• kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    dog037 said:

I've already played Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy).

And I've already ridden a horse while saving a cowboy. What's your point?
  • Save a Horse should be pretty fun.. I also like that "We're Coming to Your City" or whatever it's called by those guys - the one they play before College Gameday on ESPN Saturday mornings.

Not a big country fan (I would like some Eric Church, however), but I'll buy it.
  • Glad to finally get the middle back, but less than thrilled with the pass song. 2 weeks in a row that I would have passed on.

Oh well.
  • Now if I could only find a cowboy...
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Not into country but this could have a guilty pleasure type of thing, like Billy Ray Cyrus’ Achy Breaky Heart would. Or even Ice, Ice Baby from the last Spotlight pass.
  • Now if I could only find a cowboy...

Can you take care of the dishes, kids, and bills while I go have a beer?
    Sure :p :D :)
  • Okay, that's country country. Congrats to the fans who like this week's songs; as for me, I'm gonna be giving my nu-metal tracks a workout! 25 years in Florida and I still don't like country music. You can take the girl out of Jersey but you can't take Jersey out of the girl...

And of course, Happy Anniversary! ;)
  • Runa216Runa216 Road Warrior
    I have to say, I'm not a HUGE country fan, but country music tends to be pretty consistently fun to play in rock band and this is one of my all-time favorite country songs, so this is a VERY good week for me.

Way to make up for Karma Police, Harmonix! now THAT was a boring song on all instruments.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior

We ought to have more Ought.

Seriously, look 'em up; they're really good.

Easily one of my favorite bands of our current decade, maybe we can get them at one point!

Anyway, I hate the Big & Rich song and I kinda like the Jimmy Eat World song, but it’s been in my library for 9 years, there’s no point in buying it for me
  • hiimSMAP said:

We ought to have more Ought.

Seriously, look 'em up; they're really good.

Easily one of my favorite bands of our current decade, maybe we can get them at one point!

Anyway, I hate the Big & Rich song and I kinda like the Jimmy Eat World song, but it’s been in my library for 9 years, there’s no point in buying it for me
    Ought reminds me of a modern day Talking Heads on some of their stuff lol
  • Nothing for me this week. Maybe next week :smile:
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Bummer that my two most anticipated decades (80s and early 00s) have both only had 1 new song, the latter of which being one I don't care for.

I shouldn't be surprised a country song found its way into the pass, and with that in mind there weren't many songs they could've picked that I would've been thrilled about. Hope the second half of the pass still has some bangers.
  • They DO have a new album coming in February, hint hint @Harmonix
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Well, unfortunately, the 4-week streak of me buying all DLC has been broken. Still getting "The Middle" since I buy all Rewinds, but passing on Big & Rich. Here's to next week!
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    This week isn't for me, I'm afraid. The Middle = good track, but I already have it. Have never heard the other one before so I presume it was only a hit in the US/Canada??

I'm glad 2000's is getting another week though, hopefully it will have a much bigger hit (or two, or three!)
  • After listening to that song during the weekend after it got leaked. I must say it's pretty good. I'll definitely be buying it. Regardless of whether this is the only paid DLC this week.
  • V8VANTAGE said:

This week isn't for me, I'm afraid. The Middle = good track, but I already have it. Have never heard the other one before so I presume it was only a hit in the US/Canada??

I'm glad 2000's is getting another week though, hopefully it will have a much bigger hit (or two, or three!)

I thought we were only getting one 2000s week now though?
  • V8VANTAGE said:

No, the comment on the roadmap stream was 1 00s week in November (i.e. the 2nd would be in December) but the fact this week is early 00s means it may just have been a mistake and next week is late 00s.
  • V8VANTAGE said:

No, the comment on the roadmap stream was 1 00s week in November (i.e. the 2nd would be in December) but the fact this week is early 00s means it may just have been a mistake and next week is late 00s.
    Ah okay. Thats cool then. I saw your comment around then and was thinking it was confirmed...
  • V8VANTAGE said:

Ah okay. Thats cool then. I saw your comment around then and was thinking it was confirmed...
    Well I thought it was and the idea of a special DLC release coinciding with the 10th anniversary made sense but seeing as the challenge focused DLC is tomorrow’s 2 early 00s songs makes me think it was just a mistake rather than a break in the decades.
  • @grumblevolcano Another possibility is that they had a 10th Anniversary Week for next week's Weekly Challenge planned.

But it could be a mistake too. (Though, I'm hoping that next week is 10th Anniversary Week. They must have some special cool song planned for that week in question).
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

@grumblevolcano Another possibility is that they had a 10th Anniversary Week for next week's Weekly Challenge planned.

But it could be a mistake too. (Though, I'm hoping that next week is 10th Anniversary Week. They must have some special cool song planned for that week in question).

I'm done speculating. I got my hopes way too high for this week (at least higher than anything that has been announced that is). Not going to do it again.

I apologize for potentially misleading anyone in the Roadmap discussion thread. I just read into Daniel's comments too much apparently.
  • Happens to everybody Kal.

Expectations of the consumer of course will differ from expectations of the developer.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 20
    Set your expectations low and they will often be exceeded.
    Allow your imagination to run wild and you are pretty much guaranteed to be crushed when you discover that the cold harsh light of reality bears no resemblance at all to what your dreams looked like. Even if reality turns out to be "pretty good", you'll be sitting there scowling.
    If reality actually DOES come close to matching what you dared not hope for: whoa
  • Have you ever thought about writing some poetry Meat?

Cause you could be pretty good at it.
  • @kal_el_0724 Given we are still technically in 90s week until the challenge ends, Daniel’s comments may have been about the 90s week and the RBN pack rather than the early 00s week and the RBN pack. If that’s the case then you have Radiohead, a band many thought would never return and RBN songs which many had given up hope of seeing in RB4 given the entitlement mess of the past 2 years.
  • @kal_el_0724 Given we are still technically in 90s week until the challenge ends, Daniel’s comments may have been about the 90s week and the RBN pack rather than the early 00s week and the RBN pack. If that’s the case then you have Radiohead, a band many thought would never return and RBN songs which many had given up hope of seeing in RB4 given the entitlement mess of the past 2 years.

And thus we have the yin to all of our yangs.

Oh, how many yangs there are...