Any Black Friday Sales on Songs?

hardcoredrummerhardcoredrummer Unsigned
edited November 22 in Rock Band
anything on sale for black friday other than the rivals expansion pack?
is that even worth it at this point if you don't want to play with crews?
i'd like songs on sale!

Comments

• I like Rockumentary. It's quite entertaining and the new unlockables are pretty to look at.
  • what is that?
  • HMXOwl said:
    couldn't just sum it up for me? the regular campaign seems like a rockumentary...no song sales huh
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited November 22
    It has, like, interview clips and narration between your song plays. Think of it as playing through a comedy spoof of a VH1 "Behind the Music" special.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    I think it's worth going for. Right now, on Xbox, it's only £9.60 / $12 (£7.92 / $9.90 with XBL Gold)!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 22
    These are the known Rivals contents:
    - 28 free songs (which may increase in the future)
    - Rockudrama (includes unlockable venues and rock shop items)
    - Rivals
    - Online multiplayer (which will be getting the ability to play with random people in early 2018)
    - Some rock shop items
    - Missions (a big chunk of them are only for Rivals owners)

All this and more to come.

• hardcoredrummerhardcoredrummer Unsigned
    edited November 22
    do we have confirmation about playing rando's? is that like drums vs drums or groups playings? Do i need rivals for this or the season pass?
    edited November 22
    They have confirmed improvements to online play in 2018 such that you are no longer restricted to friends. Whether it's genuine quasi-intelligent matchmaking, open lobbies, or random bandmate assignment... has not been fully detailed.

The multiplayer will continue to be fundamentally band based, not head to head. If they ever add head to head, it'll be later, and they've made no commitment on that.

All multiplayer online play requires Rivals (as well as your console's requisite online-play subscription service - PS Plus or XBL Gold). Does not require season pass (that is exclusively a DLC purchase discount, that happens to guarantee discount on one piece of rivals-challenge DLC a week for eight weeks, but completely unrelated to online play).
  • So I need rivals on a chance that there is online play? And no head to head...is there even a community right now for online play? Perhaps I always missed the boat with all the previous instrument games but I only ever played my brother online head to head etc...
    edited November 23
    There is online play right now for rivals owners, you just have to find your bandmates in a clunky way (friend list), and they'll improve the method of finding bandmates.

Head to head hasn't been a thing in the RB series for quite a while (the series is now ten years old. The last title with head to head play was released nine years ago). Rock Band 3 had no form of head to head mode whatsoever.
    edited November 23
    yeah sorry i did mention instrument games...so i'm gambling buying rivals at this point. as with having to wait for the pdp adapter all all that crap as well...you have to be kidding me. pdp adapter is 9.99 now...wtf
    edited November 23
    Grumble's already outlined what is in Rivals. I don't know why you think bitching at me changes that.

I don't play online at all. For everything else, Rivals was worth its original list price to me (even if I got it free, I would have bought it had I needed to to get everything it came with). Your mileage obviously may vary.

You've been given all the info on what is included and what you'd be 'gambling on', continuing to be angry at fellow community members who are taking their time to answer you really isn't helping anyone.
  • what part of my lat message implied bitching at you? the sorry part? yeah that's real nasty!
    edited November 24
    "You have to be kidding me", when we're in a dialogue, implies unhappiness and disagreement with what I said to you. No, I wasn't kidding you. I wouldn't kid you. You're way too important to me for that.

I'm Canadian. I'm good with 'sorry'.
    edited November 24
    sorry i was referring to the pdp adapter being 10 bucks! perhaps my post was a bit all over the place. 'm canadian too and i'm a bit pissed on the pdp thing.
    i paid 50 for one with exchange and shipping....probably only used it twice so far
  • One more thing, you also require an active ps+ or Xbox equivalent thing for online play. I highly recommend rivals mode and online play.

I enjoy playing alone, but my best day recently was with a full band during the 80s challenge week. We knocked out 30 songs and I had a blast. Lots of people play online.

Rock band is best served with friends. And Turkey!
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited November 27
    Cyber Monday deal on a Mad Catz RB4 Stratocaster (Amazon)
  • Cyber Monday deal on a Mad Catz RB4 Stratocaster (Amazon)

Grabbed (another) one. Thank you for pointing this out!