The Warning

Ever since "Free Falling" was included, i have been a major fan of these girls. The new album 21st century blood is amazing and has many songs on it that i'd love to shred on RB. Does anyone agree?

Comments

• MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    @infinityPT11 Betcha didn't expect them to get another song in the game, huh?

It's okay, none of us did.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    I should check out more of their stuff, Free Falling is my jam and looking forward to testing out the new song tomorrow as well
    edited August 21
    Thought I should mention that The Warning put up a Kickstarter to fund their sophomore album, and have already far surpassed the goal, with over 500 backers providing over triple the initial goal amount as of this post. It makes me really happy to see them get so much support, and who knows, at this rate a song from that album could end up as free DLC too :p
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited August 22
    Happy to see these girls living their dream... whether you like their music or not, or think their musicianship is less than stellar, you have to appreciate what they’ve done (and what several others from the forums have accomplished in terms of creating their own music all because of the game). What it boils down to is that it’s really the same dream that nearly all of us who play RB (or GH) “signed up” for when we started playing.

Also, if you haven’t given it a chance, I think the second song we got from them as free DLC is actually a great “pop” song (along the lines of Miley Cyrus) and shows quite an improvement over the first that came on disc... this live version of it is pretty impressive especially considering their ages.

edited August 22
    The hate "Free Falling" got after Rock Band 4's release really bothered me and was extremely unfair to them as a group. No, the song's not the most complex song in the world, but I'll be damned if it doesn't have some great energy behind it. Plus, they were all very young when that song was released, but even for their age it was a surprisingly well put together song IMO. "Survive", on the other hand, I think blows that song out of the water and really shows their evolution as a group. It's a well-written song and is fun to play in Rock Band to boot.

Also yes, that performance of "Survive" is phenomenal. I highly recommend watching the full TED Talk that comes from since it really sheds light on their creative process (plus, they also perform two other songs!)
    Thought I'd mention that The Warning just released a new single, entitled "Dust to Dust"! Feel free to check it out; if you're a fan of their previous material then you should like this. It's rather dark and heavy for them, and quite a good introduction to the next album!
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    I’d pay cold, hard cash for that song as DLC. Get to it, HMX.... you know they’d be happy to provide the masters.
    So, I'm a week late, but The Warning put out this 3-track EP on the 22nd. My guess is that it's a sampler of the upcoming album.
    edited November 24
    The second album, titled Queen of the Murder Scene, is coming out tomorrow! You can order it here. Seems a large portion of the album has been released already, though - after "Dust to Dust" and the EP mentioned in the above post, they released two more 3-song EPs (considered "chapters" of the album), so we're now at 10 songs released from the album, with the final 3 coming tomorrow.
  • edited November 24

The hate "Free Falling" got after Rock Band 4's release really bothered me and was extremely unfair to them as a group. No, the song's not the most complex song in the world, but I'll be damned if it doesn't have some great energy behind it. Plus, they were all very young when that song was released, but even for their age it was a surprisingly well put together song IMO.

"Free Falling" is one of my least favourite songs from the RB4 disc. It's not so much the simplicity (in general, simple songs are good for warming up and/or getting newbs to play in group settings). The first problem I have is that the lyrics aren't great. They're very stereotypically emo and melodramatic, though given their young ages and that English might not be their first language, I can give them some leeway there. It's not like unintentionally cheesy lyrics are a rare problem and I can overlook them in other songs. The bigger issue for me is that the guitar solo feels quite weedy given that the only backing it has is drums and bass. It would work better for me with a rhythm guitar track or something just to keep the song's energy up. That said, I don't hate it. Free Falling is a guilty pleasure if anything.

"Survive" is just straight-up good though, and I'm definitely interested in seeing what The Warning come out with and seeing some more of their tracks in the game.
    Vexus said:

"Free Falling" is one of my least favourite songs from the RB4 disc. It's not so much the simplicity (in general, simple songs are good for warming up and/or getting newbs to play in group settings). The first problem I have is that the lyrics aren't great. They're very stereotypically emo and melodramatic, though given their young ages and that English might not be their first language, I can give them some leeway there. It's not like unintentionally cheesy lyrics are a rare problem and I can overlook them in other songs. The bigger issue for me is that the guitar solo feels quite weedy given that the only backing it has is drums and bass. It would work better for me with a rhythm guitar track or something just to keep the song's energy up. That said, I don't hate it. Free Falling is a guilty pleasure if anything.

My main point was that they didn't deserve such harsh criticism over one song. I've seen various people use some terrible insults when describing them that I'm not going to repeat, and it's just completely unwarranted IMO. The band is still young, they're evolving, and "Free Falling" was their first original single. They've since grown a lot in their songwriting.
  • Oh yeah, I definitely don't disagree with any of what you're saying. I also feel the same way about most of the songs and bands/artists that get a similar reception from the fandom (which is a lot nowadays, sadly). I was just pointing out that there are perfectly valid reasons for not liking that specific song, and that was probably lost in the toxicity.

But yes, more Warning, please!