Harmonix band appreciation thread

LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
edited November 29 in Rock Band
Inspired by the recent release of 10 free HMX band songs, I thought I would start a thread of appreciation of the music introduced to us through and by our favourite independent developer.

It's simple. Just list your favourite three HMX bands and a favourite song or two by each.

Honourable mentions are welcome.... and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are kinda disqualified? I guess?

1. Freezepop - Less Talk More Rokk, Doppelganger
2. Tijuana Sweetheart (formerly known as Vagiant) - F*** The Kells, Trash Candy
3. Bang Camaro - Push Push (Lady Lightning), Pleasure (Pleasure)

Comments

• hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited November 28
    1. Lightning Bolt: Dracula Mountain, Bizzaro Zarro Land
    2. Made in Mexico: Guerillaton, Yes We Can
    3. Megasus: Red Lottery, Ten Kingdoms

Honorable mentions: The Main Drag, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Bang Camaro, The Slip, Abnormality
  • Bang Camaro, Freezepop, and Mighty Mighty Bosstones are my favorites.
    Main Drag has some cool stuff though but we are missing my favorite, Car Windows, in RB4.
  • Lightning Bolt - Ride the Skies, Sound Guardians
    Death of the Cool - Darker, Always Darker
    Soul Remnants - Dead Black Heart of Ice (do they count? They're from Massachusetts too)
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Rob The Prez-O-Dent is a certified jam.

I do like me some Bosstones as well.
  • Speaking of Bosstones...

Make this happen HMX ;)
  • Honest Bob - Time Cube, Saag Paneer
    The Acro-brats - Wish I’d Never Asked, Laughtrack
    Tribe - Here at the Home, Frankenstein

Honorable Mentions: The Sterns, Bang Camaro, Count Zero, Tijuana Sweetheart, The Main Drag, That Handsome Devil
  • Anarchy Club. all their music.
  • The Sterns - Supreme Love (Whatever about Visions, *this* is the song that needs to come back, Harmonix!)
    Jeff Allen - Recession
    Freezepop - Stakeout (You know you want to bring this to Rock Band, Harmonix...)
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    I regret not buying more Main Drag stuff through RBN (and a the same time, I guess I don't since none of it would have carried over to RB4).

"Everything I Hate About Myself" by Death of the Cool was a good one (instrumental version was background music in RB3, the full version came through RBN).

I'd also love more Tijuana Sweetheart. F*ck the Kells would be great (I GUESS I'd settle for FTK). They also have a great cover of Astrozombies.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Abnormality are on a major metal label now, so I have hope of seeing them again someday :p Also Breaking Wheel is pretty good, wonder whatever happened to them.

Other band I want to give a shout out to are Lightning Bolt, Soul Remnants, The Acro-Bats, The Might Mighty Bosstones, Anarchy Club, Death of the Cool, Bang Camaro, Megasus, and Drist.

I also want to mention Bang On a Can All-Stars, despite technically not being an HMX band, even if they were in that 10 Anniversary Pack. The other songs of theirs on the RUN are pretty cool, and I recommend listening to them if you want to listen to some highly experimental music.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    My dad is a huge fan of Tijuana Sweetheart's songs, especially Seven.

I like a lot of Honest Bob's songs, and Freezepop is great too. I was really glad to see Doppelganger in the 10th Anniversary Pack, I completely forgot about it since it didn't come over to RB4 initially. And Entangled by Honest Bob has received frequent play from me for quite a while.

Bang Camaro is another band that I'm always happy to see more songs from. Always great songs to play in the game.
  • I bought the 30 song mega pack because I wanted to be able to play two of my all time favorites Push Push (Lady Lightning) and The Main Drag - A Jagged Gorgeous Winter again after my 360 died. And I was rewarded for this by discovering another 5-rated banger: Father Octopus - Blink
  • Bang Camaro, Freezepop, and Rob the Prez are good. If you include Mighty mighty bosstones, then them too.

Otherwise I am not a big fan of Hmx bands. Some of the other songs are tolerable, and there are some that are downright awful imo.
  • Freezepop and Rob the Prez are terrible...
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    bang Camaro push push lady lightning
    the mighty mighty bosstones the impression that I get
    honest bob I get by