Harmonix band appreciation thread

LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
edited November 2017 in Rock Band
Inspired by the recent release of 10 free HMX band songs, I thought I would start a thread of appreciation of the music introduced to us through and by our favourite independent developer.

It's simple. Just list your favourite three HMX bands and a favourite song or two by each.

Honourable mentions are welcome.... and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are kinda disqualified? I guess?

1. Freezepop - Less Talk More Rokk, Doppelganger
2. Tijuana Sweetheart (formerly known as Vagiant) - F*** The Kells, Trash Candy
3. Bang Camaro - Push Push (Lady Lightning), Pleasure (Pleasure)

Comments

• hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited November 2017
    1. Lightning Bolt: Dracula Mountain, Bizzaro Zarro Land
    2. Made in Mexico: Guerillaton, Yes We Can
    3. Megasus: Red Lottery, Ten Kingdoms

Honorable mentions: The Main Drag, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Bang Camaro, The Slip, Abnormality
  • Bang Camaro, Freezepop, and Mighty Mighty Bosstones are my favorites.
    Main Drag has some cool stuff though but we are missing my favorite, Car Windows, in RB4.
  • Lightning Bolt - Ride the Skies, Sound Guardians
    Death of the Cool - Darker, Always Darker
    Soul Remnants - Dead Black Heart of Ice (do they count? They're from Massachusetts too)
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Rob The Prez-O-Dent is a certified jam.

I do like me some Bosstones as well.
  • Speaking of Bosstones...

Make this happen HMX ;)
  • Honest Bob - Time Cube, Saag Paneer
    The Acro-brats - Wish I’d Never Asked, Laughtrack
    Tribe - Here at the Home, Frankenstein

Honorable Mentions: The Sterns, Bang Camaro, Count Zero, Tijuana Sweetheart, The Main Drag, That Handsome Devil
  • Anarchy Club. all their music.
  • The Sterns - Supreme Love (Whatever about Visions, *this* is the song that needs to come back, Harmonix!)
    Jeff Allen - Recession
    Freezepop - Stakeout (You know you want to bring this to Rock Band, Harmonix...)
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    I regret not buying more Main Drag stuff through RBN (and a the same time, I guess I don't since none of it would have carried over to RB4).

"Everything I Hate About Myself" by Death of the Cool was a good one (instrumental version was background music in RB3, the full version came through RBN).

I'd also love more Tijuana Sweetheart. F*ck the Kells would be great (I GUESS I'd settle for FTK). They also have a great cover of Astrozombies.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Abnormality are on a major metal label now, so I have hope of seeing them again someday :p Also Breaking Wheel is pretty good, wonder whatever happened to them.

Other band I want to give a shout out to are Lightning Bolt, Soul Remnants, The Acro-Bats, The Might Mighty Bosstones, Anarchy Club, Death of the Cool, Bang Camaro, Megasus, and Drist.

I also want to mention Bang On a Can All-Stars, despite technically not being an HMX band, even if they were in that 10 Anniversary Pack. The other songs of theirs on the RUN are pretty cool, and I recommend listening to them if you want to listen to some highly experimental music.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    My dad is a huge fan of Tijuana Sweetheart's songs, especially Seven.

I like a lot of Honest Bob's songs, and Freezepop is great too. I was really glad to see Doppelganger in the 10th Anniversary Pack, I completely forgot about it since it didn't come over to RB4 initially. And Entangled by Honest Bob has received frequent play from me for quite a while.

Bang Camaro is another band that I'm always happy to see more songs from. Always great songs to play in the game.
  • I bought the 30 song mega pack because I wanted to be able to play two of my all time favorites Push Push (Lady Lightning) and The Main Drag - A Jagged Gorgeous Winter again after my 360 died. And I was rewarded for this by discovering another 5-rated banger: Father Octopus - Blink
  • Bang Camaro, Freezepop, and Rob the Prez are good. If you include Mighty mighty bosstones, then them too.

Otherwise I am not a big fan of Hmx bands. Some of the other songs are tolerable, and there are some that are downright awful imo.
  • Freezepop and Rob the Prez are terrible...
  • bang Camaro push push lady lightning
    the mighty mighty bosstones the impression that I get
    honest bob I get by
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    Who from hmx is in Bosstones?

Also, why can’t we get more Boston based Dropkick Murphys?
  • uppyb0t said:

Ben Carr (the guy who dances when they play) is former HMX. I don't think he's there anymore.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    LoopyChew said:

uppyb0t said:

Ben Carr (the guy who dances when they play) is former HMX. I don't think he's there anymore.
    Ben was also the Bosstones' tour manager.

I think he was around in the RB2 days. Not sure what job he actually had at Harmonix.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited January 4
    tdc002 said:

LoopyChew said:

uppyb0t said:

Ben was also the Bosstones' tour manager.

I think he was around in the RB2 days. Not sure what job he actually had at Harmonix.
    Maybe it was also just to dance around the office.
  • I didn't like Freezepop at first but they have really grown on me and I like all their songs in the game, but Less Talk More Rokk and Sprode most of all.

All of Bang Camaro's stuff is fun to play and listen to....

And I like The Mother Hips songs in the game as well.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited January 17
    The Mother Hips are great but they aren’t a Harmonix group
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

I didn't like Freezepop at first but they have really grown on me and I like all their songs in the game, but Less Talk More Rokk and Sprode most of all.

Sprøde and Brainpower are my two favorites from Freezepop.
  • I didn't like Freezepop at first but they have really grown on me and I like all their songs in the game, but Less Talk More Rokk and Sprode most of all.

Sprøde and Brainpower are my two favorites from Freezepop.
    Brainpower is one of the best songs in Rock Band HMX band or not.