DLC Discussion Thread: Late Aughts

Comments

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Scandinavian-band song about a Thunder God? Should have timed it to coincide with the theatrical release of Thor Ragnarok.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    I saw that drum chart and said "nope."
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

Scandinavian-band song about a Thunder God? Should have timed it to coincide with the theatrical release of Thor Ragnarok.

You mean like Rocksmith did? :)
  • (Obligatory 'happy for those who are into this sort of thing, but it's never going in my library' post)
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I don't keep track of what Rocksmith does. Too depressing.
  • Well, it's a band I saw tour with Sabaton. Getting closer....
  • @thatmarkguy I'm sure there's also Rocksmith players out there who are really jealous that RB4 era RB got artists like Van Halen, Aerosmith (hits from albums after Toys in the Attic), Ozzy Osbourne, Scorpions, etc.
  • edited November 28
    dog037 said:

I saw that drum chart and said "nope."

^^^ this :o ... Thanks Harmonix! <3
  • I've lost faith in getting some of the big names/songs we're missing if this is what we get total from two specifically themed 00's weeks for the 10th anniversary of the franchise.

• DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 28
    The spotlight song..well.. It honestly sounds pretty meh. I was hoping it was a melodic metal band (as I've never heard of these guys) :(
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act

I've lost faith in getting some of the big names/songs we're missing if this is what we get total from two specifically themed 00's weeks for the 10th anniversary of the franchise.

Woah now, we just got Radiohead for the first time in a decade less than 2 weeks ago.

On the topic of The Killers, "When You Were Young" isn't the only one they relicensed, "Mr. Brightside" is one of the new Rock Band VR songs this month. I haven't bought it yet but I'm curious to see if it's the same alternate version we got as DLC or if this one uses the stems of the single version? Hopefully while they were relicensing these two they picked up new stuff too and are just saving it for later.... right.. right?
  • BaronRob said:

Well, it's a band I saw tour with Sabaton. Getting closer....

Sabaton has played Twilight of the Thunder God too
  • @HMXOwl The date says Tuesday 11/30/17, however the 30th is a Thursday. So are they released today or thursday?
  • @Blinglog Thursday because they're not available now.
  • (Insert last week's joke here.)
  • ooh that's what the title means lololol thought it was a typo :D
    Aughts
    noun
    the digit 0; zero.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The Spotlight pass was AMAZING last time and there was no way this one could live up to that standard.
    I don't regret buying this one but probably will skip the next one. Why? You guessed it. Stems.
  • Blinglog said:

@HMXOwl The date says Tuesday 11/30/17, however the 30th is a Thursday. So are they released today or thursday?

Songs are always released on Thursday, and today's Tuesday, but it's 11/28/17.

So the "Tuesday 11/30/17" is likely a typo error.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The songs were released on Tuesday last week, right (because of American Thanksgiving)? So it was probably a cut and paste error. It happens.
  • Thor! Odin's son
    Protector of mankind
    Ride to meet your fate
    Your destiny awaits
    Thor! Hlödyn's son
    Protector of mankind
    Ride to meet your fate
    Ragnarök awaits...
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I think it's interesting that the Licensing Gods were hard at work with Amon Amarth, making deals with Rocksmith and Rock Band in quick succession.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    Well my hands are going to be seriously DEAD!
  • The Spotlight pass was AMAZING last time and there was no way this one could live up to that standard.
    I don't regret buying this one but probably will skip the next one. Why? You guessed it. Stems.

For me it wasn't "Amazing" but it was worth it because i'd buy them regardless LOL.
  • The spotlight song..well.. It honestly sounds pretty meh. I was hoping it was a melodic metal band (as I've never heard of these guys) :(

Well, you got melodic death metal!

Not even close lol