DLC Discussion Thread: Late Aughts

Comments

• Back to the Dragonforce .. I think we need Heroes of Our Time too by them.
  • The only Dragonforce song I'd want is Black Winter Night.
  • Yikes :| this is the last spotlight pass for me then
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 30
    Is Steal My Sunshine a secret card? The DropMix lists I see don't include it but it is there (it has been used on stream a fair few times including the tournaments).
  • L-A-T-E-R that week
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    I played RB4 for about 15 minutes today and my hands are ALREADY DEAD! The bass chart of TotTG is an absolute KILLER! :scream:
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Fast songs are no fun for me on Bass / Guitar, even if when I know and love the song, but I know others feel differently (and others are thrilled to get this song or at least to see this type of song included). Cool.
    Stemless? Really? Is this confirmed? That would be Not Cool (even though it's hardly a new outcome).
  • Is Steal My Sunshine a secret card? The DropMix lists I see don't include it but it is there (it has been used on stream a fair few times including the tournaments).

That is correct it is a hidden card in one of the playlist set
  • This is one of those songs that I am likely to enjoy musically, but not so much to play. The bass looks like a tall glass of nope and the chorus on guitar is going to be painful as well.

Have to say this is really out of left field in terms of the type of songs I expected to see in the RB4 era.

I am less thrilled with the spotlight pass this season to be sure... I guess we can't really expect it to be "stacked" every season though... it's more aimed at giving the people who buy every song anyway a discount.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds

Fast songs are no fun for me on Bass / Guitar, even if when I know and love the song, but I know others feel differently (and others are thrilled to get this song or at least to see this type of song included). Cool.
    Stemless? Really? Is this confirmed? That would be Not Cool (even though it's hardly a new outcome).

It's hardly a new outcome, but I figured a song from GH5's DLC collection would have full stems. This is the first time I've actually been surprised by a song being stemless.
  • @Groudon199 Is it possible the GH5 DLC version is an alternate version? We know that kind of approach explained If You Could Only See having fully separated stems in Band Hero but not in RB4.
    Was it a special re-record for GH5? Obviously we wouldn't have any access to that.
    An alternate version, we COULD get, in theory.
    Otherwise, any song that's not also in RBVR or DropMix, I steel myself for the bad news every time.
    From what I could tell, both versions sound the same.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 30
    @Meat-Popsicle Well the years shown are different (RB4 has 2008, GH5 DLC has 2009 according to wikipedia) so it could be a special version for GH5. I can't tell any differences between the 2 versions but there are some re-records I've heard before that are very close to the original.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    Wildcat15 said:

calloy said:

I almost went and saw GWAR last night, but then I asked myself, "Gwhy?", and stayed home to play RB

Original singer?
    how can you tell with all that rubber?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Played the song just now, and I thought the stems sounded just fine. Keep in mind that RB4 doesn't fully mute the track when you don't hit notes, so no matter what there will be a little bit of bleeding. But these do sound like legit stems to me.

Played the song just now, and I thought the stems sounded just fine. Keep in mind that RB4 doesn't fully mute the track when you don't hit notes, so no matter what there will be a little bit of bleeding. But these do sound like legit stems to me.

Turn the background music all the way down. Every instrument has the usual DIY effects.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    If the difference is only audible when you specifically concoct a scenario to make the difference audible, is it a relevant difference?

" A difference which makes no difference is no difference at all." - William James
    edited November 30

If the difference is only audible when you specifically concoct a scenario to make the difference audible, is it a relevant difference?

" A difference which makes no difference is no difference at all." - William James

From what I've been reading, people don't care how noticeable the lack of stems are, but simply if the songs lack them.
  • I think the lanes situation is solely to do with making the chart more representative of the actual guitar part, that is why for example Twilight of the Thunder God has no lanes but the guitar solo in Breed had lanes added in the RB4 era. It likely even explains the Falling Away From Me lanes which many RB players have hated.
  • calloy said:

Wildcat15 said:

calloy said:

I almost went and saw GWAR last night, but then I asked myself, "Gwhy?", and stayed home to play RB

Original singer?
    You guys do know Gwar's original singer is dead right?
  • I wonder where the stemless strikers were during the Dookie Album release...
    No stems = it's like playing a casio keyboard on top of an MP3. Zero immersion. It's not Rock Band!

... in theory.

In reality, many of the songs made without full stems turn out to be reasonably fun to play. Especially when it's not the whole song that's not separated properly. Sometimes it turns out to be just a few phrases that aren't fully separated, like maybe just the intro. Even I don't think it should be an automatic "pass" on songs that are only missing fully stems in on part.

"Poorly mixed" songs are much more distracting to play than "RB tracks that don't use fully separated stems". Fortunately those are pretty rare.

Am I on strike? I'm doing a pretty crappy job of it! I keep buying stemless songs, on the weakest of excuses.
    But I am sometimes cranky about it. Grrrr.
  • rawsewage said:

calloy said:

Wildcat15 said:

calloy said:

Original singer?
    You guys do know Gwar's original singer is dead right?
    Oderus was the funniest, even his alien penis had a song.