DLC Discussion Thread: Late Aughts

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    If you're playing the game as a karaoke game, a song having no stems doesn't matter much at all, right? Only if you're playing it in a group [more than just vocals]? Well, unless its also mixed poorly: I'm still unclear if there's any relationship there at all, and there only seem to be 1-3 songs a year that several different people have reported as sounding "wrong".

Songs I Still Haven't Bought But Would Probably Play Them As Karaoke (Or With A Group That Would Probably Never Notice Missing Stems): which ones should I go ahead and buy?
    The Sign
    Slow Ride
    This Is How We Do It
    You Make My Dreams
    Danger Zone
    Pack à Trois

Not primarily "karaoke" songs: do they sound so wrong (for whatever reason) that they aren't must buys?
    Black Betty
    I Wanna Rock
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Get them all. There has been nothing better than the time I pre-made a "Guys Night Out" setlist and recruited two of the other dudes at an RB party, broke out three mics, and fired up the setlist and "Black Betty" came on.

It was phantasmic!
  • If you're playing the game as a karaoke game, a song having no stems doesn't matter much at all, right? Only if you're playing it in a group [more than just vocals]? Well, unless its also mixed poorly: I'm still unclear if there's any relationship there at all, and there only seem to be 1-3 songs a year that several different people have reported as sounding "wrong".

Well, doesn’t karaoke normally involve singing along to a song without a vocal track? Because you’re the one providing the vocals? DIY songs don’t allow you to turn down the vocal track volume. If you don’t mind having the original vocals present, then yeah, those are all great songs to own for karaoke purposes.

Not primarily "karaoke" songs: do they sound so wrong (for whatever reason) that they aren't must buys?
    Black Betty
    I Wanna Rock

“Black Betty” sounds really good. All instruments stand out really well in the mix, so the lack of stems doesn’t hurt it too much. And I still stand by “I Wanna Rock” sounding great.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    "Blister In The Sun" is the only example anytime recently where I noticed the lack of stems through playing. Usually there's hardly a difference
  • If you're playing the game as a karaoke game, a song having no stems doesn't matter much at all, right? Only if you're playing it in a group [more than just vocals]? Well, unless its also mixed poorly: I'm still unclear if there's any relationship there at all, and there only seem to be 1-3 songs a year that several different people have reported as sounding "wrong".

Songs I Still Haven't Bought But Would Probably Play Them As Karaoke (Or With A Group That Would Probably Never Notice Missing Stems): which ones should I go ahead and buy?
    The Sign
    Slow Ride
    This Is How We Do It
    You Make My Dreams
    Danger Zone
    Pack à Trois

Black Betty
    I Wanna Rock

I don't particularly care whether or not a song has stems. I care if the mix sounds good or not. All songs in your list are mixed well to me. I Wanna Rock sounds a bit "muddy" (to me) but it's not distracting or bad. It just sounds a bit muffled, I think.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    Of the stemless songs I've played, only Shout sounded poor with equal audio.
  • Welp I've given up on ever getting 5 stars on the Pro Drums of Twilight lol.
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    Twilight song is really fun to sing : )
  • Xzalor said:

Twilight song is really fun to sing : )

I actually did do that myself (though @xzalor knows it from me ranting on our Google Hangout already).

Plus, if we do end up playing online together this evening, if we're unlucky enough to have an XBL party going, he's going to hear me do it.
  • aSockMonsteRaSockMonsteR Opening Act
    Wildcat15 said:

rawsewage said:

calloy said:

Wildcat15 said:

calloy said:

I almost went and saw GWAR last night, but then I asked myself, "Gwhy?", and stayed home to play RB

Original singer?
    how can you tell with all that rubber?
    You guys do know Gwar's original singer is dead right?
    Oderus was the funniest, even his alien penis had a song.
    Im fortunate enough to say that ive been blasted in the face by Oderus' Cuddlefish, twice! Good times. RIP Oderus and Flatus