December 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: "Season's" Greetings

Comments

• @thatmarkguy It doesn't have to be a spotlight pass song, rather it could be the second paid DLC song.
  • I'd gladly pay for Lights Out. It's one of the few non-rewinds left from VR that I actually want.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 30
    I'm looking forward to all 9 new RBVR songs, it's rather sad that only rewinds have come since Float in September but next week is the best chance for that to change.

EDIT: Seems like the DropMix stream that started has some announcements later in the stream.

EDIT 2: The announcements in the stream were about the release of 2 playlist packs coming very soon with retail exclusivity.
  • I predict the all decades challenge will also be an 8-pack dlc week!

ZZ Top comes to RockBand! Been together since ‘69 last release in 2012. They have over a dozen albums.

They rock. And tons of fun. High on my wish list and an auto-buy for me. I limited it to an 8-pack but you could easily get 16.
  • I predict the all decades challenge will also be an 8-pack dlc week!

ZZ Top comes to RockBand! Been together since ‘69 last release in 2012. They have over a dozen albums.

They rock. And tons of fun. High on my wish list and an auto-buy for me. I limited it to an 8-pack but you could easily get 16.

A-haw-haw-haw-haw.

I'd gladly buy any ZZ Top, but I think a six pack would be good to start out with. Maybe something like this, to cover some of the biggest hits and some songs from after their initial success:

ZZ Top 01

Gimme' All Your Lovin'
    I Gotsta Get Paid
    La Grange
    Sharp Dressed Man
    Tush
    Velcro Fly
  • I don't want to envision a ZZ Top pack without Stages.
  • Tlc pack 01:
    Waterfalls
    No Scrubs
    Creep
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    I only want pop and rap hits for December :)
  • Xzalor said:

No thanks.
    I wouldn’t mind one week but the entire month? Yuck.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Whatever it is I would really just love more than one NEW song each week. I don't care when they do and don't release rewinds but I would really love some choices. It's kind of a bummer to check the new music for a week and have it turn into "Oh you like this song? No? Nothing for you this week then."
    And I realize not every week will have something for me, but only having 1 new song severely limits the chances of me actually having something to buy.

If I hadn't bought the spotlight pass then I'd have skipped the last two weeks because they gave country and metal, two genres that are 'pass' territory for me more often than not, and didn't give any kind of alternative for a Rock Band veteran who already owns rewind releases.

That all being said, I still think they've been killing it with DLC lately, the quantity sucks but the quality has been awesome, so hopefully that keeps up at the very least.
    edited November 30
    @GLaDOS At least we know almost for certain that the 10s week is more than 1 new song. I say almost because even though it's extremely unlikely, there is 1 10s disc song from the pre-RB4 era that's not yet a rewind (Viva La Resistance).
  • Since Rocksmith got an Epic TSO pack this week, maybe HMX will follow suit for RB4. I've been waiting forever for those to be brought to RB since RB1.
    edited November 30

12/7 - 10s
    Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells"
    The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"
    Halestorm - "Love Bites (So Do I)" (spotlight pass)

12/14 - Pearl Jam 01
    Alive (rewind)
    Yellow Ledbetter (spotlight pass)
    Daughter

12/21 - Rewinds
    David Bowie - "Suffragette City" (rewind)
    Go-Go's - "We Got the Beat" (rewind)
    Stone Temple Pilots - "Plush" (rewind)
    Foo Fighters - "Everlong" (rewind)
    Vampire Weekend - "A-Punk" (rewind)

12/28 - New Years Eve 2017 Pack
    Europe - "The Final Countdown" (rewind)
    LMFAO - "Sexy and I Know It"
    Maroon 5 - "Maps"

Changed it up a bit, thought about ways to maximize variety with the spotlight pass. In this prediction, the 6 remaining new RBVR songs are spread out between January and the end of March.
  • Love Bites, The Mother We Share (and throw in Viva La Resistance)

*mic drop*
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Oh, did Def Leppard record a live version of Love Bites this decade? I’ll take it!

(Yeah, yeah, I know about Halestorm, let me have my fun).

If we got The Mother We Share, the other song could be Rebecca Black’s “Friday” and I’d still be happy with the week.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

If we got The Mother We Share, the other song could be Rebecca Black’s “Friday” and I’d still be happy with the week.

Me too!!!! Absolutely two amazing songs!!!!
  • If Friday, I'll gladly sing that one

(my fries could use some extra salt :p)

If Friday, I'll gladly sing that one

You spelled "cheese" wrong. ;)
  • If Friday, I'll gladly sing that one

You spelled "cheese" wrong. ;)
    Mmm...cheese fries.
  • edited November 30

Oh, did Def Leppard record a live version of Love Bites this decade? I’ll take it!

Yeah, we already have content from that album even.
  • Xzalor said:

Welcome to my Hell. I swear though, my damnation is going to be forced to listen to "Save a Horse(Ride a Cowboy)" for eternity. :s

I do know we're due for more from VR and perhaps from DropMix, but I'm crossing my fingers, (figuratively), for dlc that they may have been saving to release at the end of the year like Van Halen or Rolling Stones. The huge Billy Joel release for RB3 comes to mind, this year I like the suggestion of Halestorm or more (not live)tracks from Def Leppard. They are still great in concert however, since I saw them earlier this year for the first time since '92. And I admit it was a bit comforting to see I'm not the only one who struggles to sing "Foolin'"!

• Since we only have live versions of any songs from it, 12 pack Hysteria full album
    edited November 30
    @MistressDeviant Even if it was only hard rock and metal covers of pop and rap hits?

I do wonder how the community would react if something like Children of Bodom's Oops I Did It Again was spotlight pass content. :p
  • @MistressDeviant Even if it was only hard rock and metal covers of pop and rap hits? :p

I do wonder how the community would react if something like Children of Bodom's Oops I Did It Again was spotlight pass content.

Speaking of Bodom, I do hope we get If You Want Peace, Prepare for War, from Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock. :)
  • Living Dead Beat and Angels Don't Kill say hi
  • We almost need a Chvrches pack too.
    But I need Leave a Trace in it...
  • @MistressDeviant Even if it was only hard rock and metal covers of pop and rap hits? :p

I do wonder how the community would react if something like Children of Bodom's Oops I Did It Again was spotlight pass content.

Speaking of Bodom, I do hope we get If You Want Peace, Prepare for War, from Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock. :)
    I hope we get something like Bodom After Midnight or Warheart, love their first albums the most.

We almost need a Chvrches pack too.
    But I need Leave a Trace in it...

We also currently lack a Rebecca Black pack!!!!