DLC Discussion Thread: Don't Tip the Charts Over

Comments

• razor63razor63 Unsigned
    ...Did I imagine I posted my ideal QOTSA pack? Huh.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act

KidSleez said:

Hmm, I thought I'd be the only one who didn't know any of these songs, but seems like there's quite a few who don't. I'll definitely check them out and hope I like them.

Really dig the fact that we're getting a pack and all 2017 tunes!

3) Run - It has cool "parts" but, seems IDK, unfocused (?) to me.. Somehow I've accumulated a ton of Foo Fighters songs in this game even though I only kinda-sorta like most of them.
    Yeah, Foo Fighters have a moderate amount of songs I love, like Everlong and The Pretender, but like 70% of their material is World’s Okayest Band Writes World’s Okayest Song.
    This.

Everlong is fantastic, and I genuinely WANT Big Me to show up.. Otherwise - a bunch of kinda decent songs.. And somehow I've bought most of them in this game..
    Cause really it was just for all the cows.
    This whole post would have been a fail had you not worked that in ;)
  • razor63 said:

I think potentially HMX doesn't want the thread to get too much like an Ultimate Setlist type thread so my QotSA, Foo Fighters and Stone Sour pack suggestions as well as your QotSA pack suggestion got deleted.
  • razor63 said:

I think potentially HMX doesn't want the thread to get too much like an Ultimate Setlist type thread.
    Too late...
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    Meh,not more Foo Fighters.

Isn't there like 100 songs of theirs already in RB?

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 7

razor63 said:

I think potentially HMX doesn't want the thread to get too much like an Ultimate Setlist type thread so my QotSA, Foo Fighters and Stone Sour pack suggestions as well as your QotSA pack suggestion got deleted.
    Meh. What else are we going to do in this thread after saying whether we like or dislike the songs? I think talking about the announced bands and other songs we may want from them fits in perfectly. It also gives Hmx a look at what people want from these particular bands in one place.

Sure it could go Ultimate Setlist/Request, but more people discuss here in the general RB section. Pretty lame to cut people off like that.
    I agree, didn't see anything wrong with it but they must have had some problem with it otherwise it wouldn't have been deleted.

On a different note The Way You Used To Do is now available for XB1 spotlight pass owners.
  • Drummers have it very rough this week, Black Seas is the free spotlight:

• Drummers have it very rough this week, Black Seas is the free spotlight:

Welp, this is a suprise to see Sugar, You (Which is one of the Pre-Order bonus songs for Rock Band 4) as a Spotlight over a more obvious choice for 2010s like Shut Up and Dance or Radioactive.

Apart from that, however, I'm shocked that the songs from the RBN Pack were skipped again in favor for one of the free Rock Band VR Songs. But having said that, I think it's more suitable for this week, as Hair Trigger (Which was my predicted guess) is much easier than Black Seas.

And on a positive note, I already have both Sugar, You and Black Seas prior before this challenge started, and I have the Season 3 Spotlight Pass, so that means, The Way You Used To Do will be the only song I'll be picking up when it comes out tomorrow, and I don't get to spend my money on any songs for this week. :)

Let's hope that next week will be the week that one of those RBN Songs from the RBN Pack will be a spotlight, eventually.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Not crazy about the 2 spotlights outside of QotSA. Wasn't Black Seas already a spotlight?
  • OO I like Sugar You but on guitar I do not like it LOL!
    Fun vocal song though!

• tdc002 said:

Not crazy about the 2 spotlights outside of QotSA. Wasn't Black Seas already a spotlight?

No, we only had Sweater Weather and (You're) Breaking Up of the free RBVR songs as spotlight. If it's eligible in the next challenge, I wouldn't be surprised if next week's free spotlight is the last of the 4 (To My Romeo).
  • Anybody try to see if freestyle solos are available?
  • Anybody try to see if freestyle solos are available?

Interesting question. FYI, Freestyle solos are not eligible for spotlight scoring for the time being.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    I'm not sure if they're still uploading items, but Stone Sour's song is not popping up in the store for SIEA. It's only available in the pack.
  • I'm not sure if they're still uploading items, but Stone Sour's song is not popping up in the store for SIEA. It's only available in the pack.

Still updating. Took awhile for the prices to appear this morning for the other two. Slowny (my nickname for them) tends to be.. well slow.. when it comes to store updates lol
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited December 7
    Good I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.
  • I'm not sure if they're still uploading items, but Stone Sour's song is not popping up in the store for SIEA. It's only available in the pack.

Still updating. Took awhile for the prices to appear this morning for the other two. Slowny (my nickname for them) tends to be.. well slow.. when it comes to store updates lol
    Slony Waitstation?
    Omg you sir deserve a trophy.
  • The Waitstation: Coming soon to a doctor's office near you
  • Today proves my nickname correct... :/ :|
  • Well, I gave them a few extra dollars this time
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Shows the brilliance of offering games for early access at a huge premium. People are willing to pay rather than wait an extra week. Or even to have to wait a mystery length of time that turns out to be a few hours. And they are [often] happy to it [on some level]!
  • Have to say, this pack is fantastic on strings. I had an absolute blast playing all 3.