Advice on 3rd party drumkit

Is anyone using https://www.gear4music.com/Drums-and-Percussion/Digital-Drums-400-Compact-Electronic-Drum-Kit-by-Gear4music/10O6 drumkit with RB RIVAL on PS4? Someone at work is selling off a set. I see its midi out on the drum brain so might work? Would I need anything else to make this work on PS4? Thanks in advance! :D

Comments

• @abz999
    It will work on the PS as it is. It as MIDI out and programmable drum brain/module. You'll need a Playstation RB3 MIDI-pro adapter. and a MIDI cable

(Xbox1 needs the PDP adapter)

Here are the MIDI values you 'might' have to change in the drum module itself.
  • abz999abz999 Unsigned

@abz999
    It will work on the PS as it is. It as MIDI out and programmable drum brain/module. You'll need a Playstation RB3 MIDI-pro adapter. and a MIDI cable

(Xbox1 needs the PDP adapter)

Here are the MIDI values you 'might' have to change in the drum module itself.

Thank you so much for posting :) :) :) . I have a pair of the MPA on the way (had to get these shipped from US) and now I'll place my order for a new DD400!

Will post my results after several festive RB sessions in case anyone else struggling to find hardware for a basic replacement for the RB4 drums.
  • abz999abz999 Unsigned
    So the DD400 kit showed up on Saturday and wow its great value for the money. The frame iis extremely adjustable and easy to do with the supplied alan key (all the bolts adjustable with the one tool). The plastics have a good feel and the pads have a nice amount of bounce to them while being a lot quieter than the RB4. The only weak point would be the power adapter which feels like the cable might go at some point.

From a size perspective its only slightly larger than the RB4 drumkit when the outside arms are pushed out (which I recommend to get comfortable access to the snare/hi-hat)

Everything just worked straight away without any remapping required through the MPA, although the green and blue cymbals might get swapped over to match the layout on the RB4 drumkit.

Latency when playing through the TV was high on the audio lag (174ms) but via the Optical SP-DIF to my Peachtree Nova 300 was only 68ms, which is better than the original set.

For anyone who is just looking for a step up from the default kit and not a serious part time drummer I thoroughly recommend this e-kit. Just make sure you can get the PS3 MIDI Pro Adapters before you do anything else.

If anyone wants to see photos let me know in comments.