Megaman 11 (+ Megaman X Legacy Collection) Discussion Thread

One of my favorite video game series from my childhood, Mega Man, will be getting it's 11th entry in the Classic Era series. Hearing this made me happy and excited for the new generation. :D

Confirmed to be in the game...

- Dr.Wily is the main villain, again.
- The Mega-Buster
- Bolts (Which would be used for currency to buy stuff like E-Tanks)
- E-Tanks
- Rush
- Those enemies from Guts Man stage that throws the pickaxes at you.
- NEW WEAPON: A weapon in which Mega Man summons blocks of blue bricks to crush enemies. Mega Man gets a Light Blue and White Coloring when using this weapon. The robot master who uses the weapon looks like a cross between Cold Man and Aqua Man (No, not that Aqua Man, the Robot Master from Megaman 8).
- NEW ABILITY: Mega Man can use this power that looks like the Classic Era's answer to the Nova Strike. He gains a new form that is very similar to Megaman Geo.

I'm so looking forward to the release of this game, next year, as well as Kingdom Hearts III. And seeing Megaman 11 gives me hope for new Megaman games in the future. :)

Now, if only they can bring Megaman X9...

EDIT: Hear's the Trailer Video for Megaman 11.

Comments

• I've added the Trailer Video for Megaman 11, for your viewing pleasure.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    glad they made the jump to PS1 era graphics instead of retro 80s sprites
  • The only Megaman game I have played is Mega Man Battle Network 4 which I won from a KidsWB contest

maybe I will try out a main series game when Megaman 11 comes out
  • I'm actually more excited that they are releasing x1-8, I love the x series
  • Never played a Megaman game, but I thought they already released the 11th one last year... (/s, in case it wasn't obvious).
  • edited December 2017
    razor63 said:

Never played a Megaman game, but I thought they already released the 11th one last year... (/s, in case it wasn't obvious).

No, they didn't released a new Megaman game last year. They haven't released one since Megaman 10's release.

You must be thinking of the ripoff game, Mighty No.9.

EDIT: Oh, I thought you were being serious. I had no idea it was a sarcastic, statement. I guess that what I get when I let my brain win. Woah-oh-oh-ooh-oh. :p
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    edited December 2017
    ...I take it you either didn't see or are not familiar with "/s", then. It was sarcasm, heh.

EDIT: Heh, it's all cool. I wouldn't actually confuse Mighty No. 9 for an actual game, one made by people with talent and/or integrity.
  • More new details on Megaman 11.

Megaman 11
    - More details on the un-named Robot Master that was revealed early, plus a second Robot Master officially revealed.
    - The un-named Robot Master that was shown early is called Block Man, and he is a Robot Master with a Earth Attribute. His weapon is called Block Dropper, which does as the weapon says it does: Drops blocks on enemies. When Megaman uses the weapon, he turns Cyan and White, his left arm and helmet visor is covered in bricks.
    - The new Robot Master is called Fuse Man. He is a Human-like Robot Master with a Electric Attribute. According to the game's Wikia, he is said to be based on ElecMan.Exe from Mega Man Battle Network. His weapon is called Scramble Thunder, and it acts similar to the Plug Ball weapon from Megaman 9, except it can be aimed. When Megaman uses the weapon, he turns Yellow and Black, and his helmet becomes similiar to Fuse Man's, and has a Plug-based Electric Cannon for his left arm.
    - There is a new mechanic known as the Double Gear System. It allows Megaman to use two gears: Speed Gear and Power Gear. Speed Gear can increase Megaman's speed (Thus slowing down enemies (Similar to the bullet dodging scene from The Matrix) and Power Gear can increase Megaman's power (Allowing him to do two Charged Shots in a row). The New Robot Masters, Fuse Man and Block Man, are equipped with a Speed and Power Gear respectively.
    - The other 6 Robots Masters are also revealed, but only by how they appear. There's a Fire Robot Master, a Ice Robot Master, a Acid Robot Master, a Blue Robot Master with a spiky red hair (Kinda reminds me of Sonic), a Orange Robot Master with a spike on his head, and a Large Purple Robot Master with Eyes similar to Astro Man's (Megaman 8 Robot Master)/Galaxy Man (Megaman 9 Robot Master).
    - Also, a new enemy called Evil Eddie (A fake version of Eddie, the little red guy who gives you a item at random. This version is purple, and it can steal items from you).

New Trailer

• Since Megaman X Legacy Collection is coming out next month, I have some news regarding it.

-For the new X Challenge Mode, the Mavericks of Megaman X5 has their names reverted back to their original naming, from the Guns N' Roses inspired naming that was given to them from the game's initial US release. And also, they revealed more Maverick pairings for the X Challenge Mode, which I'll list right now...

Confirmed X Challenge Mode Maverick pairings (For now)
    - Chill Penguin (Megaman X1) & Frost Walrus (Megaman X4)
    - Bubble Crab & Wheel Gator (Both Megaman X2)
    - Slash Beast (Megaman X4) & Crescent Grizzly (Grizzly Slash (Megaman X5)
    - Wire Sponge (Megaman X2) & Web Spider (Megaman X4)
    - Neon Tiger (Megaman X3) & Magma Dragoon (Megaman X4)
    - Burn Dinorex (Mattrex (Megaman X5) & Blizzard Wolfang (Megaman X6)
    - Armored Armadillo (Megaman X1) & Rainy Turtloid (Megaman X6)
    - Dark Necrobat & Spiral Pegasus (Dark Dizzy & The Skiver (Both Megaman X5)
    - Dr.Doppler & Godkarmachine O Inary (Both Megaman X3)
    - Vile (Reccuring Megaman X atagonist) & High Max (Megaman X6)

I can't say how much I'm going to look forward to X Challenge mode, because it looks very fun and could be a good challenge to test my skills as a gamer who played the Megaman X games. Though I will say this, though: I'm going to be dreading on who Infinity Mijinion (Megaman X6) is going to be paired with (Though, my guesses it's probably going to be Volt Kraken (Also known as Squid Adler (Megaman X5)

You can view the new trailer, here

Which Maverick Pairings do you want to see in the new X Challenge Mode? For those who are curious to know who the Maverick Bosses are... You can view it here.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    FYI, there is a demo up on Switch now and expected to come out for PS4 and XB1 today.
  • I have bought all Collections of Mega Man on my Nintendo Switch now and I have pre ordered 11 on Switch as well because me and my brother owned Mega Man 1 to 6 on NES in past but i was stupid and sold most of our collection. I have tried Mega Man 11 demo on hardest setting you can choose on demo and it felt i was travel back to my childhood because i died a lot. hehe. ^_^